• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

first post and get to join the club . This one came from a childhood collection of a friend who's husband had passed away he had had it since buying it for a 25 cents and wanted it to stay where she knew it would be appreciated and not sold so I ended up with it along with a few others.

IdBGZdiYT8WJdLyH5mvU7g.jpg

5 hours ago, IvoryBonesJones said:

Here's my ticket!

I bought this book about 11 years ago for around $1k! I only wish I bought more of em. I've also got 180 and 182 in the ol' long box.

But seeing as this is an older CGC case, think I should get it pressed and regraded? I don't know much about grading, so I'm curious if it's worth giving a shot for hopes it returns a 9.2, perhaps.

Thanks!

If you can’t tell how much difference it’d make while visually inspecting it, do yourself a favor and buy the graders notes if you don’t already have them.  A press won’t do any good for defects with colors breaks and may be some hidden stuff on the inside.  

Bottom line... better to spend $10 on the graders notes and have a better idea of what could be “fixed” than to spend $50-100 having it cleaned/pressed and another $150 having it slabbed and it coming back the same grade (or worse, lower)