• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

These are the grader notes:

large stain full bottom of back cover
light crease center of front cover breaks color
light, multiple crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
medium crease left bottom of back cover
moderate spine stress lines breaks color
very light stain full bottom of front cover

I do see the staining on the back cover. Water? not sure. there are no ripples, though it could have been pressed. I see no evidence of staining on the front. The front look excellent! 

thumbnail_IMG_0154.jpg

This is one of those cases when I find the label hurts the eye appeal, and think it would look better between Mylar and a fullback. I'm not suggesting that- I have a hard time cracking keys, especially if I have reprints or undercopies.

55 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Very happy with this one

1445318262_Hulk1819.2(1).jpeg.1a75f160cba586875f6def0cb61d1c03.jpeg

story! story! story! :sumo: 

at least tell me if that is the raw you got a while back? i think it was you :) 

99521D30-CFD7-44B6-B534-A1ACACBA6B15.thumb.png.1ad49962963d4a275bf4ffb6a79cb6d5.pngBought this few years ago when I was new to collecting comics -hulk 181 cgc 8 for usd 3 k. Was happy and didn knew about page quality (cream to off white) until I join the cgc forum. Now , don’t know whether to upgrade or keep this copy. Any advice?

On 6/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, Juaks said:

99521D30-CFD7-44B6-B534-A1ACACBA6B15.thumb.png.1ad49962963d4a275bf4ffb6a79cb6d5.pngBought this few years ago when I was new to collecting comics -hulk 181 cgc 8 for usd 3 k. Was happy and didn knew about page quality (cream to off white) until I join the cgc forum. Now , don’t know whether to upgrade or keep this copy. Any advice?

Cgc 8.0? That's a keeper. Cream to off white pages are ok but not great, but that doesn't affect the fact you have a great book easily worth more than you paid.

Ok . Thank you for the advice. Have this negative feeling as some mentioned they will rather have a lower grade of offwhite paper instead of high grade with cream to offwhite pages. 

On 6/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, Juaks said:

Ok . Thank you for the advice. Have this negative feeling as some mentioned they will rather have a lower grade of offwhite paper instead of high grade with cream to offwhite pages. 

How do you know its cream to ow pages? Was it graded that way? 

Even if it was I wouldn't be entirely sure it would be graded cream by cgc. I had 2 books graded by cgc one white pages other cream/ow and the actual difference in appearance of the pages was minimal at least to me when I checked them.

You have a sharp looking copy with just a thin white border. I wouldn't sweat the page quality

Congrats to those who own one. I’m pretty upset that I don’t. I started collecting comics around 1990 and still own a lot of them. 

About 4 years ago, I was super close to buying a Hulk 181 CGC 6.0 and a couple of other key issues but never did....just started collecting original Garbage Pail kids art instead.  

While I found some nice scores, I missed the Hulk 181 train for sure!  So mad I didn’t get this one. 

What are your thoughts on buying one today at these prices?  I really want the issue and am ready to buy now but curious if you think it’s gone up too much   

I’m interested if anyone know someone selling   .   I’ll post info that forum too  

some nice pics here  congrats guys  

Wayco