• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Gruson said:

Nice centering. Very nice Apollo. I actually won a Hulk 181 9.6 in a raffle on IG.  Crazy huh?  Cost me around $120 in entry fees. ;) Can’t wait to get it...currently just have a 8.5. 

Keep,posting  never get tired of this one  

Thanks.  Congrats on the jackpot raffle win!

4 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Had a friend send me this photo of a regular blue label 9.8 at New York ComiCon priced at $37k.  I had no idea they were going for that much, or is that just super wishful pricing for a convention?

hulk181-37k.jpg

lol that IS about going price :foryou: 

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/search?q=incredible+hulk+181

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/134372

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Had a friend send me this photo of a regular blue label 9.8 at New York ComiCon priced at $37k.  I had no idea they were going for that much, or is that just super wishful pricing for a convention?

hulk181-37k.jpg

Such a sweet comic, confusing market value. But its price is the popularity of Wolverine and not the rarity of the comic imo

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Such a sweet comic, confusing market value. But its price is the popularity of Wolverine and not the rarity of the comic imo

Most definitely.  Out of curiosity, do any of you who are more familiar with the CGC database have an idea of what a comparable book with as many overall graded copies or just 9.8's would be that has a vastly different price?

4 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Most definitely.  Out of curiosity, do any of you who are more familiar with the CGC database have an idea of what a comparable book with as many overall graded copies or just 9.8's would be that has a vastly different price?

Yes

Amazing spiderman 129 first appearance of Punisher

In 9.8 20k difference

Both have about 130 in 9.8

Both came out around the same time.

I do not know what the print run is.

Both are very popular characters

Both first appearances came under very popular series

Wolverine in incredible hulk

Punisher in Spiderman

But imo wolverine is much more popular even though it is hard to argue punishers popularity

Edited by Hollywood1892

18 hours ago, davebo357 said:

hulk181-37k.jpg

Its not wishful pricing. That price point could make sense for that copy. There have been other copies with more centering that sold for higher. 

On 9/5/2019 at 3:12 AM, engelhard said:
On 8/30/2019 at 8:24 PM, comicdonna said:

I am guessing blue label with the MVS missing would be NG incomplete?

maybe.. probably...i hope so

As long as it's otherwise in decent shape, I don't think it would grade any lower than a blue label 0.5, as books missing either a front or back cover can still get a 0.5... (presumably not any higher than a 0.5, but I'm not sure)...

1 hour ago, csaag said:

just got mine back from a very long extended stay in Florida. Bought this off the wall of my LCS waay back in the day. Very lucky for me that it came in a mylar as I read it once and put it in the storage box for 35+ years. I didnt have the money for  mylars back then and there was no internet to hunt around for good prices...

hulk181_f.thumb.jpg.6dcb4134063d0f9279a7a1fa66f52819.jpg

:whee: 

Just now, rsouxlja7 said:

thanks man, now just waiting for that X-Men movie lol

I was tempted to say, did you get your ASM #50 SS'd by Stan that you wanted,

and then throw out the, my IH #181 in 7.5 and ASM #50 SS'd by Stan and Romita for an IH #181 upgrade lol :devil: :roflmao: I can dream!

Really interesting the big price swings on the same 9.0 of a book...more than $2 within a month or two. PQ and centering have a big impact it seems. I wonder if some folks are trying to determine pressability in the auction? I suppose the grading notes might impact the bids.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-CGC-9-0-1ST-FULL-APPEARANCE-OF-THE-WOLVERINE-/293190858408?epid=85340044&hash=item44438976a8%3Ag%3AbMsAAOSwlCFdV0Ao&nma=true&si=k5rBGBi%2BuujbAIA%2FqNJ8cW9pcBQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 10/5/2019 at 10:16 PM, davebo357 said:

hulk181-37k.jpg

Honestly, for that price would you rather have a Hulk 181 (even a 9.8) or a 5.0 Amazing Fantasy #15?