• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, skyy38 said:

He always over prices his books. In this particular case I probably don't blame him. Considering how he goes about pricing I'm surprised he's not asking 50k on this. His Ebay listings last forever! I've been following a couple of them for years while he steadily keeps upping the asking price to keep up with the market. 

31 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

After years of not submitting to Cgc. I finally submitted the two 181’s I still had in my collection.  The Kodiak Rose collection copy and a more recent OO copy from a past worker at my LCS.  Surprisingly they both came back the same grade White pages but different defects.  Both show nicely and colors are bright.  Pardon my fuzzy iPhone pics🤔

8A2B6BD7-B307-4597-9453-296227F2D05B.jpeg

312A8037-4CF0-4B96-8D4A-3400311B9099.jpeg

Did you have them pressed? They look great!

On 10/26/2019 at 9:18 PM, MGsimba77 said:

He always over prices his books. In this particular case I probably don't blame him. Considering how he goes about pricing I'm surprised he's not asking 50k on this. His Ebay listings last forever! I've been following a couple of them for years while he steadily keeps upping the asking price to keep up with the market. 

It might be worth it if this achieves top dollar https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DHulk%2B181%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1357543&id=1357543&itemType=0

On 10/29/2019 at 4:02 AM, 360racer said:

This book sold for 60K - a record 

Now he tries to flip it and only ends up with $33,499.80 after CL fees minus reholder/shipping costs on top of that.  

12 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Now he tries to flip it and only ends up with $33,499.80 after CL fees minus reholder/shipping costs on top of that.  

Wow, that's a spectacular loss. It appears the took has cooled, just like AF 15.

9 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

When did it sell for 60k? I thought the record was the cva copy that went for 59k on Clink. 

Anyway if this thing actually sold for that much and this guy decides to foolishly auction it off O.o?! If that's the case they deserve whatever happens. I suppose It could have been worse... they could have tried to auction it on Ebay :tonofbricks:

15 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

When did it sell for 60k? I thought the record was the cva copy that went for 59k on Clink. 

Anyway if this thing actually sold for that much and this guy decides to foolishly auction it off O.o?! If that's the case they deserve whatever happens. I suppose It could have been worse... they could have tried to auction it on Ebay :tonofbricks:

Sold for 59K in January 

https://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAdmin%2FCL%2Fauctions.asp&id=1297653&next=%2FComicTrack%2FAdmin%2FCL%2Fauctions.asp

Its the same book, just got reholdered.  

2 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

How could that be? They have different certification numbers and grading dates. The cva copy was graded in Aug 2011 and the non cva that auctioned Wednesday was graded Oct 2018 before the 59k auction last January. So if it's the same book then comiclink put up a scan of a different book with the old holder for the January 59k auction. 

Edit: one of them has a little more white on the upper left corner so they're obviously different copies. 

On a sidenote I wonder if cgc would still notate Mile High II pedigree on the new ped label since it's no longer recognized and not on CGC's list of pedigrees?

Edited by MGsimba77

On 11/1/2019 at 2:49 PM, Kevin76 said:

NOPE!

Not the same book. For comparison, side by side.

Cert#1055400008 (CVA): Wear top left & bottom left (front cover), no ink smudge over "O" in GROUP (front cover), no red ink smudge beside comic code (front cover). 

Cert#0361745002: No wear top left & bottom left (front cover), ink smudge over "O" in GROUP (front cover), red ink smudge beside comic code (front cover). 

Untitled-side.jpg

On 11/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

NOPE!

Not the same book. For comparison, side by side.

Cert#1055400008 (CVA): Wear top left & bottom left (front cover), no ink smudge over "O" in GROUP (front cover), no red ink smudge beside comic code (front cover). 

Cert#0361745002: No wear top left & bottom left (front cover), ink smudge over "O" in GROUP (front cover), red ink smudge beside comic code (front cover). 

Untitled-side.jpg

Well, since both copies have the exact same CGC 9.8 grade and yet the CVA copy sold for $59K while the non-CVA copy sold for only $37K+, I guess this answers the concern that most boardies have here with regards to the questionable value of the CVA label.  hm

Edited by lou_fine