• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, James Lawry said:

Never thought I would own this but I sold enough Magic cards to make it work!

Congrats!  Boy if I had spent half the money that I did buying Magic cards in the mid-90's and put them into bronze age keys I sat on for 30 years I'd be a rich man.  Did you hear a Black Lotus sold for $166k earlier this year?

52 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

Congrats!  Boy if I had spent half the money that I did buying Magic cards in the mid-90's and put them into bronze age keys I sat on for 30 years I'd be a rich man.  Did you hear a Black Lotus sold for $166k earlier this year?

I thought magic the gathering was valuable too? :ohnoez:

I really did though! We all need a time machine :sumo:

I posted this in CG, but for anyone who doesn't venture over there...

If anybody sees an Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 8.5 with the serial number 2059999001 floating around for sale in the New Bedford, MA area, please let me know. I have contacted many of the local comic book stores and posted about this on Facebook and in the eBay thread here. 

Long story short, a buyer has swapped out the IH 181 I sent him with an ungraded X-Men (Vol. 2) #11 and said I shipped the wrong item. Because eBay is eBay, I will be out my money and the book 

A police report has been filed.

Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out and for any reports of it being offered for sale

Edited by awakeintheashes

28 minutes ago, etowah1123 said:

Like to have 2 copies of this book.  Picked this up with a trade with a fellow boardie.  Upgraded my 4.0/5.0 to this pair.  8.5/8.0

80DE9E00-0BE2-437A-B37B-D968D2118B7F.jpeg

Sweet! I can only imagine what you traded though! lol 

Glad you worked it out though :) Awesome Pair! :headbang: 

On 11/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I posted this in CG, but for anyone who doesn't venture over there...

If anybody sees an Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 8.5 with the serial number 2059999001 floating around for sale in the New Bedford, MA area, please let me know. I have contacted many of the local comic book stores and posted about this on Facebook and in the eBay thread here. 

Long story short, a buyer has swapped out the IH 181 I sent him with an ungraded X-Men (Vol. 2) #11 and said I shipped the wrong item. Because eBay is eBay, I will be out my money and the book 

A police report has been filed.

Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out and for any reports of it being offered for sale

:censored::censored:

That's crazy!

11 hours ago, B2D327 said:

At this point, I’m glad to own any copy and this one was actually reasonably priced along with the seller accepting my offer. 

C844DEEB-539F-4447-9BCB-5C93108647F3.jpeg

SWEET! :) Congrats!

42 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Looks like mid grade 5.5s haven't really changed in price for the last two years...I remember when they reached 2400 2 years ago

Well we used to think it was over priced too... or that it wasn't sustainable etc.

Given the certain climate and the given amount of copies out there, I think it's comfortably priced where it is at.... idk sometime maybe when its older than it is now, it'll again climb!

I'm hoping for GSXM #1 to catch up, imo the only thing keeping it a little lower all things considered it is that 2nd appearance rather than the 1st of wolverine...

Which I think it'll still rise to IH 181 levels eventually because it IS the 1st appearances of the x-men as we would know them today etc....

RIP Len Wein

On 1/14/2020 at 5:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well we used to think it was over priced too... or that it wasn't sustainable etc.

Given the certain climate and the given amount of copies out there, I think it's comfortably priced where it is at.... idk sometime maybe when its older than it is now, it'll again climb!

I'm hoping for GSXM #1 to catch up, imo the only thing keeping it a little lower all things considered it is that 2nd appearance rather than the 1st of wolverine...

Which I think it'll still rise to IH 181 levels eventually because it IS the 1st appearances of the x-men as we would know them today etc....

RIP Len Wein

A major story arc or “death” of one of those characters will undoubtably give it that bump and if Illyana Rasputin winds up in the mcu fughettabouit

On 1/24/2020 at 10:47 PM, justin said:

That 181 is perfect!!

Thanks!!!  It's definitely a keeper; it certainly has the best wrap and centering on a copy I've seen.  Just really some coloration issues along the top and a bit along the spine but stellar nonetheless(thumbsu

IH181.thumb.jpg.1cd78f8b0088065c762f28b6ae8870d4.jpg

1 minute ago, davidtere said:

I've had this tucked away since about 2007(?) and recently sent it in for grading. Got it back yesterday so I thought that I would join the club. 

fullsizeoutput_6c3.jpeg

That's Awesome! Congrats! You Knew how to Pick'em :banana: