• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

What would one guess the (qualified) grade is from these notes?

Comic Description:
Incredible Hulk 181 11/74 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light bends to cover
marvel value stamp missing from page(s) 10
moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
tear right center of back cover

IMG_4024.JPG

1 hour ago, Paul Lindsay said:

What would one guess the (qualified) grade is from these notes?

Comic Description:
Incredible Hulk 181 11/74 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light bends to cover
marvel value stamp missing from page(s) 10
moderate creasing to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
tear right center of back cover

IMG_4024.JPG

3.5 ??? possibly lower than that, I had a 180 that looked a lot better than this, but also, had the tear! it got a 3.5 designation :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

I looked at the pg1 link and see my image no longer exists, so here it is again. Purchased raw off the wall at the LCS for $120 in 1989, which was a very irresponsible thing to do at the time, but I'm over it :).

lW2mVry.jpg

Still a winner ;)

did you ever get it pressed?   I bought mine off the wall and when i slabbed it a couple of years ago it came back at 6.5. it looked just like yours.  sent it in last year after i learned of the pressing service by CGC and came back with the 8.  my 180 was a 7 and that came back at an 8 as well after pressing.

2 hours ago, god503 said:

did you ever get it pressed?   I bought mine off the wall and when i slabbed it a couple of years ago it came back at 6.5. it looked just like yours.  sent it in last year after i learned of the pressing service by CGC and came back with the 8.  my 180 was a 7 and that came back at an 8 as well after pressing.

It was originally a 6.0, but CFP made it what it is today.

43 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Got this back from CGC a couple days ago.  

IH181.thumb.JPG.168c8baca23f08fa9346409796880bff.JPG

That's awesome congrats! I didn't realize the label came with claw marks through the grade, that's pretty cool!

On 3/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, TheDuke001 said:

New club member! I bought this raw and had pressed and cleaned. The thought of getting a incredible return in my investment keeps playing with my mind though! I have thoughts of selling, but afraid I will have immediate sellers regret! 

467BAF26-4F1C-4C23-B4AC-C79488B86272.jpeg

87B903F7-2279-42A1-9119-F157D5635BC1.jpeg

Sell it, get a 9.0 with perfect centering and alignment and pocket the difference is what I would do. 

IS IT TRUE THAT JOHN ROMITA SR. DID WORK ON 181???????  AND IF IT IS TRUE....  WOULD YOU LET HIM SIGN 181???   

Edited by god503

32 minutes ago, god503 said:

IS IT TRUE THAT JOHN ROMITA SR. DID WORK ON 181???????  AND IF IT IS TRUE....  WOULD YOU LET HIM SIGN 181???   

There are multiple signed copies of Hulk #181 with CGC Signature Series for Romita Sr. :foryou:

On 3/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, TheDuke001 said:

New club member! I bought this raw and had pressed and cleaned. The thought of getting a incredible return in my investment keeps playing with my mind though! I have thoughts of selling, but afraid I will have immediate sellers regret! 

467BAF26-4F1C-4C23-B4AC-C79488B86272.jpeg

87B903F7-2279-42A1-9119-F157D5635BC1.jpeg

Awesome score!!!   Roy thomas is doing a signing at plastic comic con in august.  get it signed before u sell it.  Add a romita SR. too...  ;)   But only sell it if you need the money or are retired and want to enjoy life.  otherwise....  it will only go up in value...