• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

So it looks like newer slabs of Daredevil 115 now say “ad for Incredible Hulk 181 page 10” in the notation section. You’re welcome!

(I got the ball rolling last year with my slabbed ad page, which I feel bad for getting mad at the time because the notation doesn’t make sense for a slabbed page but it does make sense for  the slabbed book)

this picture is from an eBay auction. It’s not my book.

62C386BC-9329-4D64-AA2D-F109C4AE66B5.jpeg

Edited by justin

44 minutes ago, justin said:

So it looks like newer slabs of Daredevil 115 now say “ad for Incredible Hulk 181 page 10” in the notation section. You’re welcome!

(I got the ball rolling last year with my slabbed ad page, which I feel bad for getting mad at the time because the notation doesn’t make sense for a slabbed page but it does make sense for  the slabbed book)

this picture is from an eBay auction. It’s not my book.

62C386BC-9329-4D64-AA2D-F109C4AE66B5.jpeg

Cool! Do you think they'll do the same with Marvel Premiere #19, (I think that issue is an #181 ad too) I have an ad page from it, signature series Herb Trimpe and Len Wein :) 

On 4/11/2020 at 8:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 4/11/2020 at 7:53 AM, justin said:

On 4/11/2020 at 8:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool! Do you think they'll do the same with Marvel Premiere #19, (I think that issue is an #181 ad too) I have an ad page from it, signature series Herb Trimpe and Len Wein :) 

What month is the MP 19 book from or is it also just a November dated issue, similar to the DD 115?  hm

Not sure if I would pay any kind of premium for this additional notation or why CGC would even include it since it came out the same month as Hulk 181.  Now from my own personal point of view, if it was an ad for a book that came out in a prior month to Hulk 181, then that would be a much better reason for including the ad notation.  (thumbsu

6 hours ago, kobra65 said:

Some great looking books in the posts! Here is my 181 Hoard. Few sold, and some added, plus a few out for grading.

20200518_233057.jpg

Yeah if they’re for sale that’s fine but hoarding like that makes it tougher for people to buy.

A few years ago I met a guy at a local show that in 2016 had about 40 copies but had no intention to sell them and said something like he’d rarher be buried with his things than for someone else to have them.

3 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Yeah if they’re for sale that’s fine but hoarding like that makes it tougher for people to buy.

A few years ago I met a guy at a local show that in 2016 had about 40 copies but had no intention to sell them and said something like he’d rarher be buried with his things than for someone else to have them.

no problem selling any. Have sold a few, and make deals on a few more. If you are in the market for one, send me a msg.

8 hours ago, Comics181 said:

Posted this elsewhere but forgot to post here. Sorry for bad pic, took it on my phone. Wolverine is my favorite character so I'm so happy to own this book finally

20200606_162033.thumb.jpg.4123029eafea18d542bb23ade8bd578e.jpg

Awesome! I too have a 3.0, sweet copy :foryou:!!! Glad to hear it's yours, I'd be excited too! ^^ 

9 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Not a bad looking 3.0 copy.  That staining and staple removed really hurt the grade.  A bit of rust on that top staple too.  Presents well for the grade.

Yeah when I saw it I knew I had to have it. The damage is from water so it's a survivor just like wolvie lol