• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

Wow...I cant believe I got outbid on comiclink for the 9.0 white pages 181. I bid 8,550 because I thought it was a great copy but I'm kind of ok with it as that would have been really expensive with buyer premium and taxes and well into 9.2 territory. Congrats if the winner is on these boards, you got a grail book. 

I settled for a 9.0 with ow-w and saved literally thousands. I will post pics soon. A family member is taking my 7.0 to keep as an investment. 

3 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Wow...I cant believe I got outbid on comiclink for the 9.0 white pages 181. I bid 8,550 because I thought it was a great copy but I'm kind of ok with it as that would have been really expensive with buyer premium and taxes and well into 9.2 territory. Congrats if the winner is on these boards, you got a grail book. 

I settled for a 9.0 with ow-w and saved literally thousands. I will post pics soon. A family member is taking my 7.0 to keep as an investment. 

not shabby at all! Congrats :x 

Just now, jason4 said:

Because wolverine is tha man. 

no argument there lol 

still that grade is like butter, anything that high can be held onto, but more importantly I'm happy the 7.0 stayed in the family for the future.

My 7.5 has some foxing and pretty bad, it's still a 7.5, but I've often thought of upgrading :) 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

no argument there lol 

still that grade is like butter, anything that high can be held onto, but more importantly I'm happy the 7.0 stayed in the family for the future.

My 7.5 has some foxing and pretty bad, it's still a 7.5, but I've often thought of upgrading :) 

If it is your favorite book (with a name like admantium...) I would. My top 3 are af15, xmen 1, and hulk 181 so those are the books I upgraded over the years. It gets harder the more expensive they get though because it is not so simple to sell a 3500.00+ comic without worrying about something going wrong.

7.5 is great though and you are in the club so if it goes up in higher grades yours will too and that will keep the upgrade gap from growing. 

On 1/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, jason4 said:

so you could have won this lovely 9.2 wp tonight on HA for less than you bid to not win the 9.0 on CL the other day. and this was a nice copy too, well centered, good colors. 

FD88294A-DA93-4729-87AB-B0FB2E680D67.png

On 1/18/2021 at 6:05 AM, Funnybooks said:
On 1/6/2021 at 7:56 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

this 9.0 just sold on HA for the pretty dull price of $5,280. well under recent sales. perhaps because it is shockingly overgraded. this would be lucky to get an 8.0 if graded now. check out all the spine ticks. 

766CFF74-5114-42B4-8864-A16513954170.jpeg

46F84581-4578-4DC8-A165-6FA356D3F6BA.jpeg

Expand  

Hideous 9.0

Well, let's hope this is just a quality control slabbing error and they just inverted the numbers because this copy here looks a lot closer to a CGC 6.0 graded copy.  :p  doh!  

Then again, maybe this is just within CGC's acceptable grading range of error.  :devil:

1 hour ago, Albert Thurgood said:
On 1/25/2021 at 12:19 AM, Albert Thurgood said:

I didn't think I was a member of this club, until yesterday when I found I had this:

image.png.57d4e69ec623e3502f057d2de62a1f2f.png

and this:

image.thumb.png.4f888cf18e10e978290203a7adb93aaf.png

I got down to the last 10 issues of the last box and found these two copies. It was just amazing, especially as I had no recollection of buying either one of them!

I have heard a lot of stories like this, and that makes collecting fun.  But this is the first time anything like that has happened to me! 

That second copy looks really high grade after a press . 8.5 or better , anyone ? 

On 1/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, aleksicwon said:

That second copy looks really high grade after a press . 8.5 or better , anyone ? 

I hope it would! However, I am in Australia and we don't have any comic pressing companies here AFAIK. So all my collection must remain au naturel.