• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Albert Legaspi said:

Had two copies when it first came out that summer 1974. A lot of us were waiting 

Was this one of your original copies??

Congratulations on an epic NM copy ^^

In summer of 1974, not much was going on in the comic world with the exception of the ending of Hulk 180! Highly anticipated fight between the two monsters and a cool looking costumed character in yellow. I remember we all rushed to the market for a copy and I ended up buying two copies.  i lost one copy between UCLA, submarine duty in the pacific and then moving between Washington State and California. I bought this 9.4 copy but still hunting for my copy that I bought as a kid in 1974!

Hi, everyone.  A pic request, please.  I'm doing a comparison montage and am just needing a CGC 1.5 to complete the run.  If someone could please post a pic, I would greatly appreciate.  Thanks for your help and time.  - Eggman

On 6/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, Eggman said:

Hi, everyone.  A pic request, please.  I'm doing a comparison montage and am just needing a CGC 1.5 to complete the run.  If someone could please post a pic, I would greatly appreciate.  Thanks for your help and time.  - Eggman

Bump if anyone can help.  Still looking for a good CGC scanned copy.  Thanks in advance.

On 6/4/2017 at 0:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
  On 6/4/2017 at 10:45 AM, Albert Legaspi said:

Had two copies when it first came out that summer 1974. A lot of us were waiting 

I call total BS on this . . . or at least complete revisionist history.  I pulled two off the rack of every book from 1972 to 1977, and had no idea that Hulk 181 was going to be anything more special than Man-Thing.  Sorry, but there was no rush or awareness that this was IT. Just saying' . . . :whistle:

The two real hot items were Conan #1 and HTD #1 and few and far between.

22 hours ago, divad said:

I call total BS on this . . . or at least complete revisionist history.  I pulled two off the rack of every book from 1972 to 1977, and had no idea that Hulk 181 was going to be anything more special than Man-Thing.  Sorry, but there was no rush or awareness that this was IT. Just saying' . . . :whistle:

The two real hot items were Conan #1 and HTD #1 and few and far between.

This is my rememberance, too.

6 hours ago, story cover & art by... said:

I was just thinking about that...

I can remember it like it was yesterday.  Charlie was setup at Wondercon in SF in 2009, he must have had 20+ copies of slabbed Hulk 181's.  It was quite a sight to behold.  Most were 9.2+ as well.  That man has quite a stash of bronze age keys. 

On 8/16/2017 at 9:34 PM, Comicdey said:

My OO copy. Might be going to a new home soon IMG_6033.PNG.0531c6873d2c7dc3d3a6dd92107dcbaa.PNGsince it's my undercopy dupe.  Of course that's my old school grading and cgc would grade it higher IMO ?

What copy did you sell me??? :grin: