• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

Yeah, that #181 is SMOKING hot. I looked through all those Marvel Art Review books and thought this was one of the top 3-4 examples...that red is DEEP in comparison to the whites, which are also remarkable. Congrats! :applause:

I can see why it went for so much green, just like the other Art Review stunners.

Dan

Looks like even the 9.8's are starting to show signs of life again. Somebody just popped one for $13k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-Wolverine-1st-app-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-Marvel-Comics-1974-/171522500981?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ef89a975

-J.

Wow.

Whoa. Someone just pulled the trigger on another 9.8 at the same price. :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-cgc-9-8-1st-wolverine-/371242822957?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item566fcbed2d

-J.

Looks like even the 9.8's are starting to show signs of life again. Somebody just popped one for $13k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-Wolverine-1st-app-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-Marvel-Comics-1974-/171522500981?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ef89a975

-J.

Wow.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-cgc-9-8-1st-wolverine-/371242822957?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item566fcbed2d

-J.

:o

-J.

Wow.

-J.

:o

Wow wow wow

Yeah, that #181 is SMOKING hot. I looked through all those Marvel Art Review books and thought this was one of the top 3-4 examples...that red is DEEP in comparison to the whites, which are also remarkable. Congrats! :applause:

I can see why it went for so much green, just like the other Art Review stunners.

Dan

Thanks.

I wanted the GSXM #1 and the XM #94 for the Art Review Trilogy, but got smoked on the prices of the other two.,

I had to have the 181, though, so that's where my money went.

There are more Marvel Art Review books coming up in the next auction I will be eyeing for purchase.

Dan

Thanks.

I wanted the GSXM #1 and the XM #94 for the Art Review Trilogy, but got smoked on the prices of the other two.,

There are more Marvel Art Review books coming up in the next auction I will be eyeing for purchase.

Hey viking, have you noticed that since you picked up your sweet looking 9.6 that the prices of a couple of other 9.6's on ebay have now been raised to about what you got yours for ?

-J.

Dan

Thanks.

Hey viking, have you noticed that since you picked up your sweet looking 9.6 that the prices of a couple of other 9.6's on ebay have now been raised to about what you got yours for ?

-J.

Have they really...?

Nope, I haven't paid attention, but wow.

I guess the next issue will be if they actually sell at that price point or not.

I just need to get me a really nice #180 before they spike up.

It's weird Wolverine is starting to get back issue attention right now, as he isn't the focus of any movies, and isn't appearing in any comics at all right now.

Goofy goofy market...

Dan

Thanks.

-J.

Have they really...?

Nope, I haven't paid attention, but wow.

I guess the next issue will be if they actually sell at that price point or not.

I just need to get me a really nice #180 before they spike up.

It's weird Wolverine is starting to get back issue attention right now, as he isn't the focus of any movies, and isn't appearing in any comics at all right now.

Goofy goofy market...

Reminds me of the good old days ! lol:insane:

-J.

Thanks for the nice compliments.

I saw it, and it just clicked.

This was finally the 181 for me.

Now I don't know what to do with it. I would love to display it, but freak out about it falling or loss of colors, etc. etc..

It will prob go into the "vault", and I will have periodic visitations, haha.

If not in direct sunlight (and for a long time, I guess) Mylar should protect from this problem – it‘s one of the technical specifications of the plastic, IIRC.

Thanks for the nice compliments.

I saw it, and it just clicked.

This was finally the 181 for me.

Now I don't know what to do with it. I would love to display it, but freak out about it falling or loss of colors, etc. etc..

It will prob go into the "vault", and I will have periodic visitations, haha.

If not in direct sunlight (and for a long time, I guess) Mylar should protect from this problem – it‘s one of the technical specifications of the plastic, IIRC.

Okay, great!

Thank you!

The book that I could never forget as a kid (but could never afford) and got me back into collecting as an adult.

8eD0Qkp.jpg

Same here!

I had a beat up copy I bought for $50.00, and was living the dream.

I looked at it a billion times a day, haha! (I still own it!)

Great copy, and welcome to the club!