• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Jugador1 said:

Man of Steel 28

Has this been found before?  I did not see it on any lists.  Would there be high demand for this?

IMG_8910.JPG

That’s actually Man of Steel 35 and I see there’s a few available on eBay under $10.

0AFB9610-A6F3-4C66-8277-EC7C6D3C2B69.jpeg.2c7d89545f3e98bd471a60d373de5be8.jpeg

Edited by Carl Elvis

18 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

What are the rarest of the DCU variants?

If you look back several pages in this thread there is a post by Cpt Kirk (grand master of all things relating to DC variants) that lists them. Also see LikeEmScanned’s recent posts in the thread, he has a magic touch for discovering never before seen DCUs that are also on the rare list. 

PS: The Steel #24 and the Green Arrow books you posted above are definitely tougher books to find. 

Edited by mysterio

9 hours ago, mysterio said:

If you look back several pages in this thread there is a post by Cpt Kirk (grand master of all things relating to DC variants) that lists them. Also see LikeEmScanned’s recent posts in the thread, he has a magic touch for discovering never before seen DCUs that are also on the rare list. 

PS: The Steel #24 and the Green Arrow books you posted above are definitely tougher books to find. 

thanks Mysterio.   You beat me to the answer on that one.   And I'm very flattered to be referred to you as "grand master".    However, I beg to differ on that title.   The grand master is Jerome.   (worship)

Edited by Cpt Kirk

16 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

So these aren’t rare? Are you sure? Can we act like they are and they only seem common because I found all these at the same time (I did). 

A972B7BE-FB9B-4F5E-9B0E-CF9077726F39.jpeg

I think I see more DCUs of #52 than the regular edition. That #51 stack was a nice find. There are enough Kyle Rayner fans out there that you shouldn’t have trouble moving those. 

On 11/27/2017 at 4:10 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

So these aren’t rare? Are you sure? Can we act like they are and they only seem common because I found all these at the same time (I did). 

A972B7BE-FB9B-4F5E-9B0E-CF9077726F39.jpeg

Great find.   (worship)      I wish you could have found that many copies of the DC Universe variants of Adv of Superman 521 and Superman 113.   If you did, I would be more than happy to pay $200 for the Adv of SM 521 and $100 for the Superman 113.

2 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Great find.   (worship)      I wish you could have found that many copies of the DC Universe variants of Adv of Superman 521 and Superman 113.   If you did, I would be more than happy to pay $200 for the Adv of SM 521 and $100 for the Superman 113.

I'd love to sell to you if I did! Sadly I did not. I also found half a dozen or so of 48-50, but sold them as sets. These have been sitting in a box for a few years. 

On 11/28/2017 at 8:49 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I'd love to sell to you if I did! Sadly I did not. I also found half a dozen or so of 48-50, but sold them as sets. These have been sitting in a box for a few years. 

Amazing you found that many in one location.   I've been looking for these for many years, and I've never seen that many of the same issue all in one spot.

8 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Amazing you found that many in one location.   I've been looking for these for many years, and I've never seen that many of the same issue all in one spot.

I’ve never seen that many of the same issue, but I’ve seen 4-5 copies of the same DCU at places within the last 2-3 years. I’ve wondered if it’s possible that overstock from back in the day could have been sold off in bulk. The likelihood of a shop amassing this many copies through collection purchases seems unlikely. 

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

I’ve never seen that many of the same issue, but I’ve seen 4-5 copies of the same DCU at places within the last 2-3 years. I’ve wondered if it’s possible that overstock from back in the day could have been sold off in bulk. The likelihood of a shop amassing this many copies through collection purchases seems unlikely. 

my guess would be overstock sell-offs, though I can't really envision how that would work for these 'special' printings.  Maybe just clearance sales auctions from warehouses or storage lockers?  Just gifts to random employees of overstocked items many years after the fact?

I had a guy tell me that had a shop back in the 90's that he received them straight from the distribution company like that as his regular order. The place i bought them from was an old store that had gone out of business in the mid 90s and took hundreds of boxes to an antique mall in NC and just had everything out there at $1 or less.