• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

And there you have it folks! ??????

whoops.   Typo.... I meant to delete "(including the Superman Wedding Album DC Unviverse variant, which came in the wedding..."    The Superman Wedding Album DC Universe variant was actually released in the comic shops at same time as the white Wedding Album, which is evidenced by the fact that so many of those Wedding Album DC Universe variants exist.

Action #700 premium edition has the gold background coloring rather than the yellow.  How many of the DCU variants actually have a "different" cover than the regular DC version.   So Action #700 Premium and which others ... ?

5a5bec1f9e8b5_Action700DCUGoldPremium.thumb.jpg.c8fcece7fafe65e1edb5791382a95f14.jpg

Edited by Warlord

On 12/31/2017 at 4:55 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

I remember the TEC 675 quite well.   It was a retailer incentive and it had the DCU logo on the cover, which was kind of cool.   It was not poly bagged but had the cool looking hard cover.

I recall those days fondly.   It was about the time that DC started getting gimmicky with retailer incentives.   One of the first was the poly and platinum poly bagged Superman 75's.   Next was the poly bagged platinum Adv of Superman 500 (which set me back $25 at the time, which seemed outrageous to me but I had to have it).    Then came the deluxe versions of Adv of Superman 501, Action 687, Superman 78, Superman Man of Steel 22.    Next came Adv of Superman 505 (foil cover and polybagged issue with post card) and and Superman 82 (foil cover and poly bagged issue with poster).    At the same time, Batman 500 came out with a poly bagged version and a deluxe version.    As soon as the Batman 500's came out, I started to think "Dang, this getting expensive!"

Next DC created the Action 695 deluxe and soon after that the platinum retailer incentives of TEC 675 and Action 700 (which each cost me a whopping $5 at the time, which also seemed a little pricey).   The platinum versions of TEC 675 and Action 700 both had the DCU symbol on the cover.

The platinum TEC 675 and Action 700 seem unique in that they both came out with the DCU symbol on the cover at about the same time as the first printing.   The only other example I know like that was the Superman Wedding Album DC Universe variant, which according to my notes came out the same time as the white wedding cover (I vaguely recall some hesitation on my part about buying both versions at the shop, but I thought I should since it was an historic event).   As far as I know, all the other DC Universe variants seemed to only come out in the bricks, multi-packs, and two-packs

@Warlord

16 hours ago, Warlord said:

Here's why I consider the Zero Hour variants part of the DCU set -- they were sold together as seen in this pack.  Another question for the DCU experts - are there many known examples of DCU and ZH variants packaged together?

5a5bec9dbc867_DCpack2.thumb.jpg.c017ebc0766f431f76356f19f4a5f7eb.jpg5a5beca0804aa_DCpack1.thumb.jpg.1de538b907b1e92c17b5065a9a9f816d.jpg

This is the only example that I know of.  There are some 2-packs with 1 DCU, but they have non-Zero Hour books.

6 minutes ago, LikeEmScanned said:

This is the only example that I know of.  There are some 2-packs with 1 DCU, but they have non-Zero Hour books.

As a DCU collector I wanted the Zero Hour variants and the DC bullet variants as I see them being cut from the same cloth. The Zero Hour variants came in a 20 book brick just like many DCUs did. 

7 hours ago, mysterio said:

As a DCU collector I wanted the Zero Hour variants and the DC bullet variants as I see them being cut from the same cloth. The Zero Hour variants came in a 20 book brick just like many DCUs did. 

Right, I have that 20-pack.  I meant to write, " This is the only"... 2-pack..." example that I know of."

1 minute ago, LikeEmScanned said:

Right, I have that 20-pack.  I meant to write, " This is the only"... 2-pack..." example that I know of."

I figured that. I maybe shouldn’t have quoted you as I wasn’t trying to contradict you. I was just adding my own 2c.  :foryou:

On 1/15/2018 at 7:24 PM, mysterio said:

I figured that. I maybe shouldn’t have quoted you as I wasn’t trying to contradict you. I was just adding my own 2c.  :foryou:

No worries.  Ok, I have a question.  Does the Batman Adventures #18 DCU really exist?  I recently bought a bunch of March 1994 DCUs and this was the BA 18 that was included.  I could have sworn that I saw a BA 18 DCU in this thread in the past but now can't seem to find it so I'm starting to question my memory.

ba 18.jpg

7 hours ago, LikeEmScanned said:

No worries.  Ok, I have a question.  Does the Batman Adventures #18 DCU really exist?  I recently bought a bunch of March 1994 DCUs and this was the BA 18 that was included.  I could have sworn that I saw a BA 18 DCU in this thread in the past but now can't seem to find it so I'm starting to question my memory.

ba 18.jpg

Some of the Batman Adventures multipack variants have that bat symbol in the UPC. There are some DCU variants, but others have that bat symbol like on your example.