• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

:news: Updated 7/11/18

:news:Added: Nothing since January 2018

Action Comics 684 3rd print, 686 2nd print, 695-710 (2 versions of 700), 712-715, 718, 722-726

Adventures Superman 498 4th print, 499 3rd print, 508-522, 524-532, 535-540, Annual 8

Animaniacs 1, 2, 4-7, 9-10, 15, 16, 18, Christmas 1

Aquaman 1, 3-9, 21-24

Aquaman: Time & Tide 1-3

Azrael 15, 16, 19, 20, 22

Batman 503-512, 514-524 (515 has two versions), 526-527, 529, 531 (2 versions)-535,

Batman Annual 13, 20

Batman Adventures 17, 18, 33, 35-36

Batman Chronicles # 4

Batman & Robin Adventures 1, 3, 4, 7, 8

Batman Legends Dark Knight 62-63

Batman: Shadow of the Bat 25, 29, 30, 35, 38 ,48, 49, 52-57

Catwoman 5-7, 9, 11-13, 15, 17-19, 31, 32, 36, Annual 2

Damage 0

DC vs Marvel #1, 4

Detective Comics 670-691 (675 and 682 have 2 versions), 694-704,

Detective Comics Annual 8-9

Flash 86-102 (100 has 2 versions), 104, 109-110, 114-117

Final night 1-4

Green Lantern # 36, 47-56 (51 has 1st and 2nd print), 58, 59, 61, 63-68, 70, 75-77, 79-81 (2 versions of 81),

Green Arrow 110-111

Guy Gardner 15-17

Impulse 3, 10, 14-16

Justice League International 60-63, 67

Justice League of America 69 4th print 84-93, 95, 97-99, 107-108, 112

Justice League Task Force 7, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 32

Legionnaires 10, 12, 16, 19, 21-22, 25-26, 29, 33

Looney Tunes 2-6, 8, 12-15

Nightwing 1, 2

Pinky & Brain 1

Parallax: Emerald Night # 1

Power of Shazam 1-4, 12, 16-17, 19

Robin 3-9, 11-22 (2 versions of 14), 25, 27-28, 30-35

Robin Annual 4-5

Showcase '94 1-10

Steel 1-9, 11-15, 17, 23, 24, 28-29, 31

Superboy 1-9, 11-16, 20, 23-24, 29-30, 32, Annual 3

Superboy and the Ravers 1-2

Supergirl (1994) #1-4

Supergirl (1996) #2-4

Superman 74 4th print, 77 3rd print, 85-106, 108-109, 113-118

Superman Annual 6, 8

Superman Man Steel 18 5th print, 19 3rd print, 20 2nd print, 29-38, 40-50, 52-53, 57-60, Annual 3

Superman: The Man Of Tomorrow # 1, 5

Superman Doomsday: Hunter/Prey 1-3

Superman Wedding 1 (2 versions)

Superman Toyman 1

Sovereign Seven # 1

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? #1

Wonder Woman 82, 84-93, 95-98, 101, 106

* This list does not denote any variances in indices or advertisements that may or may not exist for any given issue.  There is some discussion about this in the last 5-10 pages or so.  Feel free to read through that and/or create your own sub list(s) if you're into it.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So, since the books that aren't "DCU" versions, but ARE part of the same program, like Zero Hour #0-4...where are those going?

There’s a list somewhere in there that I was keeping. I think it’s pretty complete

Edited by revat

9 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

So, before I open this collector’s pack, are there DCU logo variants inside?

8FF912AE-3DE8-43E0-B042-811033F1109C.jpeg

yes, but they aren't worth much because the DCU's from those packs are fairly common.   If you are thinking about selling the pack, sell it was unopened and show both sides of the pack in your listing.   Those packs usually sell from $10 to $20 unopened.

49 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

yes, but they aren't worth much because the DCU's from those packs are fairly common.   If you are thinking about selling the pack, sell it was unopened and show both sides of the pack in your listing.   Those packs usually sell from $10 to $20 unopened.

Yes, it's unopened and I didn't want to take it out of the shrinkwrap it if it was worth more that way (not even for that 5-minute DC phone card). Thank you!

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, Michael Browning said:
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:55 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

Yes, it's unopened and I didn't want to take it out of the shrinkwrap it if it was worth more that way (not even for that 5-minute DC phone card). Thank you!

I'd second Kirk's recommendation. The sealed set is much less common than the books contained within.

Speaking of sets, I am getting ready to move and am in the process of packing up the mancave (terrifying work). I uncovered several of the empty carcasses of some sets I obtained through a variety of sources, either sealed or unsealed, to get some books I didn't already have. For the sake of preserving the information, I scanned the backs of each set I had to provide lists of the contents (all of which were DCUs). Even though none of these is terribly uncommon, it may still be useful information to someone someday.

DCUContagion1.jpg

DCUFlash.jpg

DCUGL.jpg

DCURobin.jpg

DCUSuperman.jpg

DCUSuperman1.jpg

Edited by mysterio

15 hours ago, mysterio said:

Speaking of sets, I am getting ready to move and am in the process of packing up the mancave (terrifying work). I uncovered several of the empty carcasses of some sets I obtained through a variety of sources, either sealed or unsealed, to get some books I didn't already have. For the sake of preserving the information, I scanned the backs of each set I had to provide lists of the contents (all of which were DCUs). Even though none of these is terribly uncommon, it may still be useful information to someone someday.

DCUContagion1.jpg

DCUFlash.jpg

DCUGL.jpg

DCURobin.jpg

DCUSuperman.jpg

DCUSuperman1.jpg

Wow. Never knew the GL76 had a DCU.. I would think that it could carry some value as the homage cover has quite a large fan base. Even if common, it probably would do well as a 9.8

18 hours ago, mysterio said:

DCUContagion1.jpg

DCUFlash.jpg

DCUGL.jpg

DCURobin.jpg

DCUSuperman.jpg

DCUSuperman1.jpg

Please don't throw them away. If that was the intent, I'd be happy to take them.

THANK YOU for documenting them!

:cloud9:

4 minutes ago, CJ1970 said:

Just getting back into collecting these DCU's

I know there are 50+ pages and I have tried to look, but what are the top 5 hardest issues to find?

Filter to read the Cpt Kirk posts, and/or look for the most recent updates to the BIG LIST.  The newest additions to the list haven't been seen previously even with plenty of people looking, so you can infer that they're pretty hard to find.  Cpt Kirk has been lookin for these FOR A LONG TIME and is willing to spend BIG MONEY on some of them, so anything he is still looking for or says is rare is most likely hard to find.* 

*It should also be noted that just because a given comic might be hard to find, is not necessarily an indication of relative value, although it might be.  Lot of luck involved. 

47 minutes ago, revat said:

Filter to read the Cpt Kirk posts, and/or look for the most recent updates to the BIG LIST.  The newest additions to the list haven't been seen previously even with plenty of people looking, so you can infer that they're pretty hard to find.  Cpt Kirk has been lookin for these FOR A LONG TIME and is willing to spend BIG MONEY on some of them, so anything he is still looking for or says is rare is most likely hard to find.* 

*It should also be noted that just because a given comic might be hard to find, is not necessarily an indication of relative value, although it might be.  Lot of luck involved. 

Thanks for the help

26 minutes ago, CJ1970 said:

Thanks for the help

Good try. Others of us have tried, too, but we get the same response. As I've said before, it boils down to those on here who are looking for some of these don't want the "rare" tag placed on them UNTIL AFTER THEY FIND THEM FOR THEMSELVES. Then, you'll see them listed as "rare" or "scarce". lol

Just now, Michael Browning said:

Good try. Others of us have tried, too, but we get the same response. As I've said before, it boils down to those on here who are looking for some of these don't want the "rare" tag placed on them UNTIL AFTER THEY FIND THEM FOR THEMSELVES. Then, you'll see them listed as "rare" or "scarce". lol

Actually I found the search helpful

13 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

Still, I speak the truth.

Not really. You’re basically asking everyone to do the work for you. Kirk has the deepest knowledge of these variants on these boards. Reading his posts is likely to give anyone the best understanding of these variants and which he has had the most difficulty finding. Revat was also correct that any recently added to the list are likely to be rare because they took so long to be recognized. All this, plus a healthy dash of “your mileage may vary” (due to what I have always wondered/suspected may be regional variability) gets you to an answer. 

If you were correct in your cynicism Kirk wouldn’t try nearly so hard to spend the money he does with fellow DCU enthusiasts. 

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Not really. You’re basically asking everyone to do the work for you. Kirk has the deepest knowledge of these variants on these boards. Reading his posts is likely to give anyone the best understanding of these variants and which he has had the most difficulty finding. Revat was also correct that any recently added to the list are likely to be rare because they took so long to be recognized. All this, plus a healthy dash of “your mileage may vary” (due to what I have always wondered/suspected may be regional variability) gets you to an answer. 

If you were correct in your cynicism Kirk wouldn’t try nearly so hard to spend the money he does with fellow DCU enthusiasts. 

Dear Mysterio -- thanks for chiming in on this topic.   I throw out a large bounty for these scarce variants BEFORE I find them in hopes that someone will be willing to take the time to find them.  Once they are in my collection, I would not care if they started selling for 50 cents a piece because I have no plans to sell.   The scarce ones are really hard to find... I think I've hit about 80% of the shops in the southeastern U.S. looking for them, and a bunch of other shops and conventions around the country.    I would gladly pay $100 or possibly more for Azrael 22, Adv of Superman 521 & 530, Superman 95 & 113 & 117, and Superman Man of Steel 49 & 50 DC Universe variants in FN or better condition.   And speaking of UPC variants, I would gladly pay $200 for issues of Adventures of Superman 443 with the little mall symbol in the UPC box if I don't already have it in my collection.  

p.s. The real master when it comes to DC variants is Jerome, who retired from comic book collecting.  I visited him and saw the collection and it was amazing.  He is a math and computer whiz and he started to notice and collect these differences in comic books before anyone else really cared.  I'm very grateful to the knowledge and that he passed onto me.   The only thing he didn't avidly pursue were DC comics with the Mark Jeweler variants and newsstand variants, but I was crazy enough to go down that path too.

regards,

Kirk

On 7/17/2018 at 7:11 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

he started to notice and collect these differences in comic books before anyone else really cared.

Actually, there have been a few people in the country who noticed these as they were coming out, but there weren't the online communities to document them, nor the widespread availability through the internet we have now. These books were born before, or during, the birth of the internet, and most comics people don't care about these types of oddities still...but there are were a few of us weirdos from the beginning. I've owned a DCU Flash #92 since maybe 1995...?...and set it aside as "different" at that time.

Otherwise, I agree completely with the rest of your post.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus
Not being able to hide your edits is dumb.