• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The collector pack program.

Were the Zero Hours books with the DCU Universe (let's call them top tabs) also sold outside the collector pack program?

Edited by divad

8 minutes ago, divad said:

Were the Zero Hours books with the DCU Universe (let's call them top tabs) also sold outside the collector pack program?

You mean in the upper right corner? Those were part of the cover design for the series and have nothing to do with any specific distribution channel.

35 minutes ago, divad said:

I ask, because I have several of those acquired in a collection which, overall, exhibits only off-the-rack 1st print purchases. 

The zero hour comic books that have a "zero hour" symbol in the UPC box (where a the bar code would normally be) all came from packs.   Most came from 20-pack brick, but there was also a collector's pack that had appox 8 of them, and I've also seen them sold in 2-packs.   But they call came from a pack (not directly sold in comic shops)..   Does that answer your question?

p.s..  One day I need get off my duff and display the backs of all my packs, like mysterio did.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

You mean in the upper right corner? Those were part of the cover design for the series and have nothing to do with any specific distribution channel.

At that time, it was actually the new cover logo that was GOING to replace the DC Bullet. But, for whatever reason I don't know, DC kept the bullet, instead of using the logo that was later used in the UPC boxes. I think, at that point, DC was test marketing the logo.

5 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

What other reason could anyone have for NOT wanting to list them as rare or scarce? But you'll tell everyone who asks (there are PEOPLE ASKING FOR THIS INFORMATION so it is relevant) to go dig through some earlier posts, 50 pages back. I don't think anyone on here is lazy, but to continue saying to go back and read the posts tells me that the ones that are hard to find aren't listed as such because people are still trying to find copies for their own collections and don't want anyone to really know which ones are rare and which ones aren't. It's that simple. You can argue all day about this, but the truth of the matter is that as soon as something is listed as rare or scarce (I will concede that NONE of these are rare or scarce, but some are rather harder to find that others) the price goes up on it and, then, copies start coming out of the woodwork.

One major reason is that the line between hype and awareness can be very thin in this insane market and many people aren't interested in contributing to the :censored:

Also, there isn't enough information yet. While most of the main participants in the thread can agree on which issues are less common, the degree of rarity isn't necessarily as clear.

14 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

At that time, it was actually the new cover logo that was GOING to replace the DC Bullet. But, for whatever reason I don't know, DC kept the bullet, instead of using the logo that was later used in the UPC boxes. I think, at that point, DC was test marketing the logo.

Then why was it only on books for the one (Zero Hour/Sep 94) month, not replacing the DC Bullet? I've never heard that they intended to change it at that time.

Edited by Lazyboy

Just now, Lazyboy said:

Then why was it only on books for the one (Zero Hour/Sep 94) month? I've never heard that they intended to change it at that time.

I believe it was discussed in one of the Direct Currents bulletin pages that was running in DC comics around that time.

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Yes, thank you. And btw, the one I am looking at right now is a newsstand from Sept. 1994 (AOS 518).

2 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

The zero hour comic books that have a "zero hour" symbol in the UPC box (where a the bar code would normally be) all came from packs.   Most came from 20-pack brick, but there was also a collector's pack that had appox 8 of them, and I've also seen them sold in 2-packs.   But they call came from a pack (not directly sold in comic shops)..   Does that answer your question?

p.s..  One day I need get off my duff and display the backs of all my packs, like mysterio did.

Yep, none of mine have the "zero hour" symbol in the UPC box.

Oh, and btw, I looked through my boxes for all of the books you listed as "evasive" for you, but came up empty. :grin:

(I still get a thrill out of having to go through my boxes to see if I had overlooked anything.) 

Edited by divad

On 7/22/2018 at 6:42 AM, Brando- said:

That's a dumb price, but in this insanity, the seller just may get it.

Personally, I would put it in the $500 range as a fair price.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:38 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's a dumb price, but in this insanity, the seller just may get it.

Personally, I would put it in the $500 range as a fair price.

I agree.