• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang it.  I was so excited I found one that no one owned.  

I found a NM copies of Robin 13 and 14 DCUS.   Not sure if I should I pick it up  if they are common

Those Robins are worth picking up. If the Robin #14 is the non-deluxe version PM me. :foryou:

25 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Those Robins are worth picking up. If the Robin #14 is the non-deluxe version PM me. :foryou:

Which cover is the non deluxe version?  Google is very unhelpful.  lol

Its this one  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robin-14-Feb-1995-DC/163076950462?epid=85482613&hash=item25f824c9be%3Ag%3ALNwAAOSwJslbEcB3&_sacat=0&_nkw=robin+14+versions&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Edited by Wolverinex

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

That’s the deluxe, which is still a desirable book. 

On 8/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, Wolverinex said:

Picked these DCU up today.  I may have found a new one!  Is man of Steel 28 super rare? Does anyone own one? Its not on the mega list.   

I also picked up Superman 91,103.  Adventures of Superman 514, 527,536,537. Action 700 DCUS... any of these rare at all?

I think ASM 536 and 537 are not that common.   If you look closely at the MOS #28, I think you will see that it is really issue #35 instead.   If it really is the variant of MOS #28, I will have the DC Bullet symbol on the front cover instead of DC Universe symbol in the UPC box.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

21 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

I think ASM 536 and 537 are not that common.   If you look closely at the MOS #28, I think you will see that it is really issue #35 instead.   If it really is the variant of MOS #28, I will have the DC Bullet symbol on the front cover instead of DC Universe symbol in the UPC box.

Wait a minute.. you are right.. why is it both 28 and 35 on the cover??

So I guess I'll keep 536 and 537 then.. I was thinking about returning these all because I feel like I keep finding really common ones lol

I was thinking about returning these all because I feel like I keep finding really common ones lol

Why are you buying them in the first place?

If you want to collect them because you like them (thumbsu

If you're buying them because a small group of other people like them :facepalm:

If you think you're going to make money on them :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

why is it both 28 and 35 on the cover?

Most Superman comics from 1991-2001 have numbers in triangles (diamonds for later issues) that represent their place in the order of all (regular continuity) Superman comics for that year.

Edited by Lazyboy

On 8/7/2018 at 11:05 PM, Lazyboy said:

Why are you buying them in the first place?

If you want to collect them because you like them (thumbsu

If you're buying them because a small group of other people like them :facepalm:

If you think you're going to make money on them :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Most Superman comics from 1991-2001 have numbers in triangles (diamonds for later issues) that represent their place in the order of all (regular continuity) Superman comics for that year.

Thanks!  I love collecting them because I enjoy the hunt and learning about variants.  Unfortunately, due to constraints of my living condition,I have been limited to 2 long boxes, so I can't collect every single DCU or else I would have to sell off other comics I hold dear.  In theory, I would love to buy every DCU I come across because they are so cool sitting in plain sight and the majority of comic collectors have no idea about them.  Most of the time I just find them, take a photo, and release them back to the wild :bigsmile: 

Edited by Wolverinex

11 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Yeah, that was my mistake in not taking enough time to respond. Thanks for clarifying. 

Sorry if I am being lazy, but does anyone have a quick link handy to the most up-to-date list? I seem to remember that the list on the first page cannot be updated anymore, and that there is a more recently updated list somewhere.

On 8/7/2018 at 9:37 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

Anyone know if ASM 536 and 537 were from a pack?  The two copies I got are NM. Very sharp.  Most of my dcu's are beat up. 

7 hours ago, Atomic Platypus said:

I found GL 70 in a $.25 bin. I’ve read there’s only 5 of these that have been found (6 now). Is that correct? Is there a Database of these somewhere to see what the super rare ones are? 

43112704-7A48-4707-B2B9-83609741C51E.jpeg

I have a copy and I wasn't included in the six, so now you have at least seven = I don't think it is that rare. 

2 hours ago, bffnut said:

There is a list on CBSI listing the DCU variants by rarity.

For whatever thats worth. 

I don’t mean that as a shot, just that sample sizes are pretty small, and Hunters are very few.

On 8/11/2018 at 9:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know if ASM 536 and 537 were from a pack?  The two copies I got are NM. Very sharp.  Most of my dcu's are beat up. 

ASM 536 was from a Superman Fiercest Foes pack.   537 must have come from a two-pack.   It is not unusual for those to be in VF or better (I think I have all Adv of Superman, Batman, TEC, Action, Superman, Justice League adn Superman Man of Steel DCUs in high grade (I had to upgrade quite a few to get there, though).

Here are the ones I have:

Action Comics 700 (2 copies), 724, 726

Adventures of Superman 511, 513, 514

Aquaman Time and Tide 1

Batman and Robin Adventures 7

Batman 508, 514, 527, 533

Catwoman 12

Batman Shadow of the Bat 48

Detective 672, 673, 674, 695, 702

Final Night 1, 2, 3 (2 copies each), 4

Green Lantern 51, 53, 65, 66 (2 copies), 67, 75

Green Arrow 110, 111

Justice League Task Force 23

Robin 7, 8 and Annual 5

Sovereign Seven 1

Steel 24 (2 copies), 28 and 29

Superboy 1

Superman 92

Superman The Man of Steel 58

Superman The Wedding Album (Byrne cover)

Superman Toyman 1

Wonder Woman 96

I bought all of these for research purposes and because I found this thread and then started finding these in longboxes in shops near me. This is not a "for sale" post, but I did sell my Showcase '94 #7 (I saw it pop up on here a couple posts back) and I really don't collect these, so I'm willing to let them go to help fill holes in collections.