• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

I DISCOVERED them by finding the first copies that were sold and had those sales recorded for the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide and Comics Buyer's Guide. Before that, no one knew, besides their owners, they even existed -- and most of them didn't have any idea what these were or that they were different/variants. My mistake on the Blind Justice. That's one thing you were correct on, it was 1989 and not 1992. I did the work on getting those listed in the Guide and I wrote the articles in Comics Buyer's Guide that told of their sale and existence. Same as I did the Miracleman Gold #1s and Blue #1s, the SoMuchFun! variants and the MPI cassette tape variants.

Spreading awareness is not discovery. Research on something known only by a small group of people is not discovery.

What kind of arrogance does it take to claim discovery of something others already knew?

15 minutes ago, divad said:

Columbus discovered America . . . :smile:

36 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

You hate conflict?  You are concerned with derailing threads?  ;)  News to me.

In any event, I'm happy to forego further analysis of what might be motivating you to act the way you do or my attempts to convince you to act otherwise.  I doubt you will change, so there's no point.  But, don't expect outrageous comments to get a free pass.  Do expect good comments to get a "like."  

So long as you keep your personal opinions about other members to yourself, I don't expect anyone will have a problem with how you conduct yourself. 

No one here has the right, authority, or is even qualified to offer their opinions about strangers posting on the internet and their "flaws." To do so, then, is to do nothing but invite conflict. It's beyond arrogant, rude, disrespectful, and has no place here. There are plenty of people with their opinions about you, as well, but they keep them to themselves, because this is not the place for it.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So long as you keep your personal opinions about other members to yourself, I don't expect anyone will have a problem with how you conduct yourself. 

No one here has the right, authority, or is even qualified to offer their opinions about strangers posting on the internet and their "flaws." To do so, then, is to do nothing but invite conflict. It's beyond arrogant, rude, disrespectful, and has no place here. There are plenty of people with their opinions about you, as well, but they keep them to themselves, because this is not the place for it.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Your post is more than a bit ironic and self-indicting, but, by all means, carry on as you see fit!

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

At this point, there is no reason...none at all...why these books shouldn't be broken out in the census.

Of course there is. Dilution. Distraction. They can remain a subject of discourse, but they're sill the same issues. :smile:

(Not that I really care at all about the census . . . :grin: )

Edited by divad

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

At this point, there is no reason...none at all...why these books shouldn't be broken out in the census.

It's not that I'm against it, but I don't think very many of these get slabbed. At a glance, I don't see any on E-Bay. Most of the underlying books are usually not worth getting slabbed. Personally, I would never submit or buy a slabbed copy.