• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I have a graded copy of Green Lantern #49 coming my way, not a DCU variant but it prompted me to pull this from my childhood collection.

I saw a 9.8 of this second printing but it was over $500. The book is no longer available and I don’t know if it sold or not. I would love to have this DCU in 9.8, but not for that price. My copy looks like a possible 9.4, not bad for a book I got as a kid and read.

Here's a thought . . . be happy with a very nice 9.4. (thumbsu

Edited by divad

opened two 20 packs this evening and received the following, nothing unusual

Aquaman 3
Batman 512
Batman 507
Batman Adventures *Bat Label* 25
Batman Adventures *Bat Label* 26
Batman Adventures *Bat Label* 20
Catwoman 15
Detective Comics 674
Detective Comics 679
Flash 95
Flash 91
Flash 90
Green Lantern 2nd Print 51
Green Lantern 56
Justice League America 93
Justice League America 88
Justice League Task Force 17
Legonniares 19
Looney Tunes 2
Looney Tunes 8
Robin 6
Robin 11
Showcase 94 5
Star Trek the Next Generation *Star Trek Label* 59
Steel 9
Steel 4
Superboy 9
Superboy The Animated Series 4
Supergirl: Gets Even 4
Superman 89
Superman 94
Superman in Action 699
Superman in Action 704
Superman The Man of Steel 33
Superman the Man of Steel 38
Superman the Man of Steel: Annual 3
The Adventures of Superman 512
The Adventures of Superman 517
Wonder Woman 91
Wonder Woman 86
Edited by Survallimtg
fixed issue number

There is a TON of great information compiled here! Thank you all! I am currently working on a set started in the 90's and stashed away. Sad a few years ago sold off some of my packs not understanding what was contained inside of them. Now trying to track down more to replace what I let go.

20180420_060857.jpg

20180420_060706.jpg

20180420_060849.jpg

20180420_060655.jpg

So where can someone find the complete list of DCU ? I found 3 in one of my comic boxes.

Superboy # 13 

Superman in Action Comics # 701

Legionnaires # 22

Just wondering if they are worth anything or if someone needs them for there set ?

8 hours ago, Vfactor1 said:

Wow, nice haul.

Anything new to you for your PC?

Thanks! Some may be upgrades, but I don’t think I was missing any of these. They’re uncommon enough that they should be good trade fodder. 

I think this was mentioned earlier -- RMA specifically -- but I would love to know how these packs were ordered/distributed. Obviously DC printed the comics, but who packaged them? Who designed/made the packaging? How were they distributed? Where were the comics stored?

This is completely from memory, so I may be very wrong, but when I was working at a comic shop around the time these were first distributed (mid-90s), stores could order the "Best of" packs from Diamond, but I don't think they were part of the DC section. I would love to search through old Previews from those years and see if they have them listed somewhere as being available from a different company. 

Obviously not all of these packs were available to stores through Diamond, but some of them were. 

7 hours ago, RCheli said:

I think this was mentioned earlier -- RMA specifically -- but I would love to know how these packs were ordered/distributed. Obviously DC printed the comics, but who packaged them? Who designed/made the packaging? How were they distributed? Where were the comics stored?

This is completely from memory, so I may be very wrong, but when I was working at a comic shop around the time these were first distributed (mid-90s), stores could order the "Best of" packs from Diamond, but I don't think they were part of the DC section. I would love to search through old Previews from those years and see if they have them listed somewhere as being available from a different company. 

Obviously not all of these packs were available to stores through Diamond, but some of them were. 

Costco 20 pack "bricks" :cloud9::luhv:

9 hours ago, joecgcmaniac said:

Costco 20 pack "bricks" :cloud9::luhv:

plus one 10-pack brick, and numerous two-packs (there are various two packs for sale on ebay at any given time).  And some of those bagged sets that can be seen just a few posts above this one.  The rarest DCUs seemed to come from the 2-packs.   

p.s.  We are almost sure it exists, but those of us on the boards who search for these have never seen the 20-pack that contained the DCUs that were cover dated March 1994.   If anyone ever finds that one, we would love to hear about it.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

2 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

plus one 10-pack brick, and numerous two-packs (there are various two packs for sale on ebay at any given time).  And some of those bagged sets that can be seen just a few posts above this one.  The rarest DCUs seemed to come from the 2-packs.   

p.s.  We are almost sure it exists, but those of us on the boards who search for these have never seen the 20-pack that contained the DCUs that were cover dated March 1994.   If anyone ever finds that one, we would love to hear about it.

I doubt Costco was selling the 2 packs -- that's a price-point they wouldn't be interested in. And they had to be selling the 20-packs in more places than just there. In 1995 (according to their timeline), Costco had 200 stores (today they have 770), and I don't know how big their geographic coverage was back then.

I would love to hear from someone at DC that set up this program. 

13 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Here you go!38271357_dcDCUDCuniverseMar199420pack-f.thumb.jpg.8b24fad0c29931824f0a010556f64589.jpg1940069943_dcDCUDCuniverseMar199420pack-b.thumb.jpg.ec568c2aaf4420cecb983a665c78e7b6.jpg

3 hours ago, Warlord said:

Here you go!

Warlord -- you are amazing.   You have found the "missing link".  :applause:    (worship)    

Now if you or someone else could produce the 3-pack of Batman 445/446/447, that would just be icing on the cake.

Edited by Cpt Kirk