• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, RCheli said:

I doubt Costco was selling the 2 packs -- that's a price-point they wouldn't be interested in. And they had to be selling the 20-packs in more places than just there. In 1995 (according to their timeline), Costco had 200 stores (today they have 770), and I don't know how big their geographic coverage was back then.

I would love to hear from someone at DC that set up this program. 

Some of my two and three packs had stickers on them from Kay-Bee Toys and Toys-R-Us.

16 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

plus one 10-pack brick, and numerous two-packs (there are various two packs for sale on ebay at any given time).  And some of those bagged sets that can be seen just a few posts above this one.  The rarest DCUs seemed to come from the 2-packs.   

p.s.  We are almost sure it exists, but those of us on the boards who search for these have never seen the 20-pack that contained the DCUs that were cover dated March 1994.   If anyone ever finds that one, we would love to hear about it.

p.s.   I forgot to mention that there was a 16-pack brick in addition to the 20-pack brick for issues dated Dec 1993; both packs contained DCUs and DC Bullet logos in the UPC boxes.

So far distribution seems to have cast a wide net on these. We saw above that they produced the 20 , 16 , 10 pack bricks that seem to have been distributed through the larger retailers ( Walmart, Costco,  Kmart , Sam's Club, etc.) 

In edition the book stores, and toy stores carried 2 packs and collector sets. Which have come from Kay Bee Toys, Toys R Us , HPB , BAM 

There have  also been found some 2 packs (only one DCU one bullet  logo) Target pack 

The toy pack that contained  a DCU  and some of the multi out of print comic bags and back to school packs that were found in smaller retailers ( dollar general, Walgreens, eckards , five and dime, etc. 

20190605_003601.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Spelling

22 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Warlord -- you are amazing.   You have found the "missing link".  :applause:    (worship)    

Now if you or someone else could produce the 3-pack of Batman 445/446/447, that would just be icing on the cake.

Hm, can't help you with that one.  The search continues!

2 hours ago, Warlord said:

Awesome items, thanks for sharing!   Here's a slightly different Target 2-pack.   BTW, note the "Printed in Canada. Packaged in Canada" notation on these Target packs.

1611650573_dc2packDCUDCUniverseAquamanTimeAndTide1Robin2-f.thumb.jpg.3c38e01371f209bb626d22c1eec183b5.jpg675726851_dc2packDCUDCUniverseAquamanTimeAndTide1Robin2-b.thumb.jpg.649f15486b703ea0d3d2e9dacac4ba1e.jpg

That's the same target pack. My first photo was two different  packs side by side, the second the backs.   The target 2 pack , and the different  comics super pack found in drugstores and small retailers. I have seen other target 2 packs , but none yet that contained the DCU other than this time and tide Aquaman.  Also noticed  that I didn't include a photo of the back to school pack.

20190605_020005.jpg

37 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I revisited my LCS with the DCU list and found a few more I thought worth picking up. 

But I really have no idea. Had to put back a Superboy 9 in bad condition. 

EDB250AF-459B-4703-99AE-890686C7EE43.jpeg

Nice haul, a couple difficult ones in there. 

37 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I revisited my LCS with the DCU list and found a few more I thought worth picking up. 

But I really have no idea. Had to put back a Superboy 9 in bad condition. 

EDB250AF-459B-4703-99AE-890686C7EE43.jpeg

Really like that Superman 100! Congratulations!

14 hours ago, divad said:

Has the list changed at all? Or are we pretty much there? hm

The last updated list is on page 63, occurring in October 2018.

we are pretty much there, but I would not be surprised at all to find that we are probably about five short.  There’s definitely some rumored or unconfirmed ones out there....