• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, divad said:

Has the list changed at all? Or are we pretty much there? hm

I was just wondering the same thing myself. I can't recall the last time we saw a new DC Universe variant show up. I still look for them but not as much as I used to.  About twice per year I check my local 2nd and Charles for these, plus I normally do a quick scan for DCUs if I travel into a city and go to shops that I have never visited before.

It makes me wonder.... are a lot of people still actively looking for these?  

12 hours ago, mysterio said:

I just checked, it’s been not quite nine months since the last ones: October 14, 2018. Two new ones: Steel #10 & Guy Gardner #26. Page 62.

Newly discovered DCU's are definitely few and far between, then!

2 hours ago, Carl Elvis said:

Anything good in this pack?

BEA8CDCD-43D9-461D-B204-C5954E0A2E22.jpeg.74cc187b67f8de2385a4cc864050b623.jpeg

No.  I believe all (or almost all) the issues within are first prints.   In my opinion, the pack is worth more intact than broken apart.  I've seen at least 3 of these packs sell in the past, and typical price was $25 to $50 for the entire pack.   But if broken apart, I believe the comic books within are practically worthless.   

I would agree with Kirk. As a sealed pack you could probably get in that range . Someone would either be missing the sealed pack or think they might find a good DCU(which there are not in this pack) only sale I could find on that specific pack came from April.

20190708_232343.jpg

24 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Those prices seem reasonable to me, especially the Superman 77.    That one is really hard to find.

You think it’s more difficult than the Action #686? They’re both clearly rare, but I’d gotten the impression that the Action was one of THE rarest. 

12 hours ago, mysterio said:

You think it’s more difficult than the Action #686? They’re both clearly rare, but I’d gotten the impression that the Action was one of THE rarest. 

Action 686 is hard to find, but I think I've seen or found 10 of them in the last 19 years.   Probably half of that for Superman 77, SM MOS 20, and Adv of Superman 499.

24 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Action 686 is hard to find, but I think I've seen or found 10 of them in the last 19 years.   Probably half of that for Superman 77, SM MOS 20, and Adv of Superman 499.

Seems safe to say that the Funeral issues are among the very toughest, certainly moreso than the Death of Superman issues. 

11 hours ago, mysterio said:

Seems safe to say that the Funeral issues are among the very toughest, certainly moreso than the Death of Superman issues. 

I would definitely agree with this as there are not only a lot more copies of the death available,  but a lot of the Funeral have only one or two graded copies on the census.  

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Found a second copy of Detective 690 with a DCU sticker. cover price.. debating if I should pick it up if it's rare enough... I already have 1 in my collection.  @RockMyAmadeus

I recommend you buy it if it is in nice condition.  I would buy it for $20 more than you paid, plus shipping if in nice condition.   It is handy to have these rare ones for trades.

Just found a Guy Gardner 17 at a shop yesterday.  It was "sealed" in a bag, lighter than a comic bag with no large seems so I don't believe it was done by a shop in the past.   Cant post a pic of it now but will later.

Has anyone else seen these for issues??

22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know why two different copies of Green Lantern 52 DCU was sold off on July 11?  Don't see any other copies online

No idea. One of the least rare DCUs in my experience.