• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

I almost forgot I had this one. I picked it up on eBay for less than $25 over a decade ago.

FE7C6213-25B9-4C60-B045-7F27686FE926.thumb.jpeg.35920360f4aa465b96eb17724637c8fc.jpeg

The book was graded to 2001 and came in a red “Modern” label but the slab had seen better days.:tonofbricks:

It’s too bad, because the red label went well with the gold on the cover, it also made it very unique piece. But still, the book inside. :cloud9:

1 hour ago, bellrules said:

On 8/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, kimik said:

I thought that WW 98 was one of the more desireable ones not that long ago? 

I think that would be 90 or the Joker covers

Are we talking rare or desirable here? Sometimes two sides of the same coin, sometimes not. I had difficulty finding a #98 until a boardie was kind enough to trade me one. Now I realize it isn’t as rare as I thought! lol  I’ve always thought these may have seen variation in regional distribution, that pic reinforces that for me. 

Desirable in the sense that more folks want them would be the list quoted above. #90 and the Joker covers. None of those seem particularly rare, but more folks are interested. 

Personally, I’m missing #92, 95 & 106. Not key issues by any stretch, but they do seem to be the rarest WW DCUs in my experience. YMMV

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, mysterio said:

Are we talking rare or desirable here? Sometimes two sides of the same coin, sometimes not. I had difficulty finding a #98 until a boardie was kind enough to trade me one. Now I realize it isn’t as rare as I thought! lol  I’ve always thought these may have seen variation in regional distribution, that pic reinforces that for me. 

Desirable in the sense that more folks want them would be the list quoted above. #90 and the Joker covers. None of those seem particularly rare, but more folks are interested. 

Personally, I’m missing #92, 95 & 106. Not key issues by any stretch, but they do seem to be the rarest WW DCUs in my experience. YMMV

I think VERRRYYYY generally, its a little bit better (for wider market) to get some type of crossover with someone outside of the specific DCU collectors. 

So you want to find out "Who else might want to buy this comic?"

So here's some of the other 'groups' of collectors that might be interested, if you can find them.

1st Appearances - Kid Flash, Artemis

Knightfall, Knightsquest, etc.

Batman Completionists

Superman Completionists

Adam Hughes fans

Brian Bolland Fans

Doomsday/Death of Superman

Joker covers

5 minutes ago, revat said:

I think VERRRYYYY generally, its a little bit better (for wider market) to get some type of crossover with someone outside of the specific DCU collectors. 

So you want to find out "Who else might want to buy this comic?"

So here's some of the other 'groups' of collectors that might be interested, if you can find them.

1st Appearances - Kid Flash, Artemis

Knightfall, Knightsquest, etc.

Batman Completionists

Superman Completionists

Adam Hughes fans

Brian Bolland Fans

Doomsday/Death of Superman

Joker covers

In terms of value, absolutely. It depends on how inclined those folks are to see a DCU as a desirable variant worth a premium, but those are the books that are most likely to see any potential value bumps. 

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

In terms of value, absolutely. It depends on how inclined those folks are to see a DCU as a desirable variant worth a premium, but those are the books that are most likely to see any potential value bumps. 

I know you were talking about Wonder Woman covers but those of us who are nuts for Doomsday/Death of Superman multiple printings find the DCU examples a real thorn in our side.

739D7FAE-3BCD-4090-9523-2DC3E4FC0F12.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:
4 hours ago, mysterio said:

I know you were talking about Wonder Woman covers but those of us who are nuts for Doomsday/Death of Superman multiple printings find the DCU examples a real thorn in our side.

739D7FAE-3BCD-4090-9523-2DC3E4FC0F12.jpeg

I was reacting to Revat’s list of the DCUs that have crossover appeal. This Supes is a great example. I just wish #75 had gotten a DCU. That’d be a great book to cap off this set. 

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

I was reacting to Revat’s list of the DCUs that have crossover appeal. This Supes is a great example. I just wish #75 had gotten a DCU. That’d be a great book to cap off this set. 

A Superman #75 fifth printing with a DCU is a fun thought. Perhaps in a parallel universe. hm

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

I just wish #75 had gotten a DCU. That’d be a great book to cap off this set. 

1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

A Superman #75 fifth printing with a DCU is a fun thought. Perhaps in a parallel universe. hm

I would have to agree.  Really wish they had both complete sets.  Really wanted Superman 75 fifth , 76 third , Adventures 499 second ,  Justice League 70 fifth , Action Comics 683 third , 685 third , Man of Steel 21 second printings. Wonder if I could commission some of the colorist to change logo colors add Roman numerals and paint DC Universe Logo over direct boxes and create my own DCU  CGC SS to complete the set , Although my luck they would call it color touch and PLOD SS them..

7 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I would have to agree.  Really wish they had both complete sets.  Really wanted Superman 75 fifth , 76 third , Adventures 499 second ,  Justice League 70 fifth , Action Comics 683 third , 685 third , Man of Steel 21 second printings. Wonder if I could commission some of the colorist to change logo colors add Roman numerals and paint DC Universe Logo over direct boxes and create my own DCU  CGC SS to complete the set , Although my luck they would call it color touch and PLOD SS them..

I cannot say if this is real or not.

86F10CFC-69B5-439D-A385-2F98E407A2AF.thumb.jpeg.31d7549d876a67ed36f75ae9bfc96dd2.jpeg

2651A681-131D-4C7A-996C-E07AA1A66A91.jpeg.fe05e70f30018b4d3911c67eb018b08f.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Vfactor1 said:

Hmmmm... I would be very suspect.

40 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I cannot say if this is real or not.

The Action 683 third and the Adventures 499 second appear on comic book realm, however it has been widely discussed , searched  and until someone provides actual scans or photos of a real copy . Cover and indica page stating print. It has been accepted that these were never printed and distributed.  The images came from a trade where they have cover art and it show a few of the later prints that the logo colors were changed for the actual print and others that were never distributed such as Man of Steel 25 second print. Many others , including myself would love to be wrong about this as we have all searched for them.

I remember seeing that image of the 3rd print on the back of a TPB or multi-pack years ago.  I can't for the life of me remember which one though.  Likewise I don't think it was actually published, but DC did seem to at least make up cover image for it though.