• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2016 at 5:16 PM, ZillaCat said:

So, for the people who ask where these come from, here are some answers.

Here are the sealed packs I have picked up, in addition to the loose books I have.

And the other picture is the packs I have bought that were either not sealed, like the Fall of Metropolis set, or I opened them to get to the books.

As a completionist I will attempt to find every DC Universe book as a single, but I also want to find as many different packs as I can find.

165446.jpg.2572304282de29068eddced4d964d817.jpg

165448.jpg.1867a808b0e5ea49a6f4b2402d6566b0.jpg

What comic is on the other side of the Robin 15 2-pack?  Is it a DCU?

Edited by LikeEmScanned

13 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

AND GONE.  That was quick!  Interesting because I bought The Death of Superman 16-pack, which is basically this Doomsday! set and another one shrink-wrapped together.  Mine only had 1 DCU in the Doomsday! pack: MOS 18.  There is another post somewhere on CGC that suggests there was variation in which printings were included.  The guy opened four of them.  Three had the same contents but the fourth was different.

19 minutes ago, LikeEmScanned said:

AND GONE.  That was quick!  Interesting because I bought The Death of Superman 16-pack, which is basically this Doomsday! set and another one shrink-wrapped together.  Mine only had 1 DCU in the Doomsday! pack: MOS 18.  There is another post somewhere on CGC that suggests there was variation in which printings were included.  The guy opened four of them.  Three had the same contents but the fourth was different.

the plot thickens....

24 minutes ago, LikeEmScanned said:

:shy:

15 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yes, I picked them up. Saw your post at like 4 am and put my insomnia to good use! I need upgrades on all but the MOS #18 so I was happy to get it.

Someone got a deal on that JLA #69. None of these Doomsday tie-ins are easy to find, or cheap when you do.

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

LOL...

Well, it was listed appropriately in Collectibles>Comics>Copper Age (1984-1991)>Superhero>Batman, right?  And no need to put "DC Universe" in the title of the listing (shrug)

3 hours ago, LikeEmScanned said:

LOL...

Well, it was listed appropriately in Collectibles>Comics>Copper Age (1984-1991)>Superhero>Batman, right?  And no need to put "DC Universe" in the title of the listing (shrug)

I never bother searching "DC Universe" as a search term on eBay. It brings up way too many action figures and statues, and very few comics. Plus, if that phrase is in the title the seller inevitably wants $25 for a $6 book. No thanks.

Edited by mysterio

17 hours ago, mysterio said:
20 hours ago, LikeEmScanned said:

LOL...

I never bother searching "DC Universe" as a search term on eBay. It brings up way too many action figures and statues, and very few comics. Plus, if that phrase is in the title the seller inevitably wants $25 for a $6 book. No thanks.

agree.  I have a specialized method of ebay searches that served me well before these got more popular (I'd like to believe I played a part in that), but obviously its proprietary and I can't share, lest someone else buy the ones I want.  Although judging from some of the ones posted here and in other threads that I've missed, my algorithm might be faulty or obsolete.

2 hours ago, revat said:

agree.  I have a specialized method of ebay searches that served me well before these got more popular (I'd like to believe I played a part in that), but obviously its proprietary and I can't share, lest someone else buy the ones I want.  Although judging from some of the ones posted here and in other threads that I've missed, my algorithm might be faulty or obsolete.

In the past few years eBay searches have seemed weird to me. They don't capture everything, or at least it seems like they don't. They go out of their way to "suggest" related items or whatever, and then they don't show me everything I ask for using a set of search terms. Very frustrating.

4 hours ago, revat said:

:blush:

bb36eb83-82e6-463b-beb6-658f1aae50bb.jpg