• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

I hear you.   I've noticed that some of those packs are not consistent regarding whether or not they contained a DCU vs a regular copy of a particular comic book.   My wedding pack had a DC variant of Superman 118.   Did your wedding back have the same or was it direct sales version of Superman 118?

This could also help explain why some are more difficult than others. If they started, or finished, prepping bulk packs with regular versions of books it would create disparities in DCU population numbers. 

5 hours ago, mysterio said:

This could also help explain why some are more difficult than others. If they started, or finished, prepping bulk packs with regular versions of books it would create disparities in DCU population numbers. 

exactly.  I wish I would have paid attention to those packs at the time they were coming out.   Back then most of us collectors avoided 2nd printings like the plague... only a first printing would do!

On 3/8/2018 at 8:31 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

I hear you.   I've noticed that some of those packs are not consistent regarding whether or not they contained a DCU vs a regular copy of a particular comic book.   My wedding pack had a DC variant of Superman 118.   Did your wedding back have the same or was it direct sales version of Superman 118?

Mine had the 118 DCU

9 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

How common/rare is Supes 106?

I have someone who sent me a list of books and one of them was that one...

Probably more rare than common, but not the rarest.   For example, Superman 95, 109, 113, 117, etc. would be rarer IMHO.  Now if someone could find me a Wonder Woman 106 DCU... that would be a miracle!  Big $$ payout for that

Edited by LikeEmScanned
added info

3 hours ago, LikeEmScanned said:
12 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

How common/rare is Supes 106?

I have someone who sent me a list of books and one of them was that one...

Probably more rare than common, but not the rarest.   For example, Superman 95, 109, 113, 117, etc. would be rarer IMHO.  Now if someone could find me a Wonder Woman 106 DCU... that would be a miracle!  Big $$ payout for that

I agree, I think its one of the rarer ones, though not the rarest ones.  Of course with all of these, if you're hoping to sell for profit, it depends on if the people willing to pay the most already have copies (or copies in grade).  There might be three people willing to pay $50 per copy, and there might only be three copies known to be in existence.  But if they all already have their copy for $50 each, the person who finds the fourth copy might be out of luck on finding buyers.

21 minutes ago, revat said:

I agree, I think its one of the rarer ones, though not the rarest ones.  Of course with all of these, if you're hoping to sell for profit, it depends on if the people willing to pay the most already have copies (or copies in grade).  There might be three people willing to pay $50 per copy, and there might only be three copies known to be in existence.  But if they all already have their copy for $50 each, the person who finds the fourth copy might be out of luck on finding buyers.

I've only seen once copy surface on the bay past two years and it went for 30$ so that didn't really say much so figured I'd ask here. I'm not looking to flip just to add to my set so didn't know if it came in a 20 brick or a 2pack or what

4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:
28 minutes ago, revat said:

I've only seen once copy surface on the bay past two years and it went for 30$ so that didn't really say much so figured I'd ask here. I'm not looking to flip just to add to my set so didn't know if it came in a 20 brick or a 2pack or what

for personal collection I'd pay whatever the 'higher (but not highest) end pricing' that you're willing generally to pay for these. 

9 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

9 hours ago, revat said:

for personal collection I'd pay whatever the 'higher (but not highest) end pricing' that you're willing generally to pay for these. 

SM 106 DCU probably came from a 2-pack.   I think Revat is right on the money about price.... the people who would be willing to pay $50 for it already have it in hand.  So I would say a reasonable asking price is about $20.

Edited by Cpt Kirk
error

17 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

SM 106 DCU probably came from a 2-pack.   I think Revat is right on the money about price.... the people who would be willing to pay $50 for it already have it in hand.  So I would say a reasonable asking price is about $20.

Gluttons for punishment (a.k.a. DCU collectors) also may want to find them the old-fashioned way, by digging. I don't mind paying up for some, but really my max is about $20 for a book I haven't been able to find. I don't mind waiting for that special box that holds treasure (which is how I found one of the few Action #706s to surface among a few previously undiscovered DCUs). Of course, I don't have the level of Midas touch that @LikeEmScanned does, but I can still dream.

Edited by mysterio

And speaking of spending $20, you might expect that when you do the seller wouldn't send the book naked and loosely flopping around between two flimsy sheets of "cardboard" in an envelope. But occasionally that happens. Luckily, the comic gods are sometimes kind in those instances.

Steel28.jpg

Edited by mysterio

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

And speaking of spending $20, you might expect that when you do the seller wouldn't send the book naked and loosely flopping around between two flimsy sheets of "cardboard" in an envelope. But occasionally that happens. Luckily, the comic gods are sometimes kind in those instances.

Steel28.jpg

wow... awesome.   (worship)

On 3/20/2018 at 1:12 PM, mysterio said:

Gluttons for punishment (a.k.a. DCU collectors) also may want to find them the old-fashioned way, by digging. I don't mind paying up for some, but really my max is about $20 for a book I haven't been able to find. I don't mind waiting for that special box that holds treasure (which is how I found one of the few Action #706s to surface among a few previously undiscovered DCUs). Of course, I don't have the level of Midas touch that @LikeEmScanned does, but I can still dream.

Im with ya there, the seller that has the Supes 106 has a whole buncha other drekky books, and hes in Brooklyn (about 25 min drive) so its not like im gonna go and tell him - hey hold on to that sup Im coming for it! lol

but if he was in my neighborhood Id probably swing by for it

thumbnail.jpg

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

So I was combing through my personal collection and found a set of  DCU comics! 

Are any of these rare or are they middle of the pack?

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 9.52.20 AM.png

Very cool ... thanks for posting photo.  Unfortunately, none of those are the really rare ones.