Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
12 12

1,398 posts in this topic

728 posts
On 6/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, divad said:

Has the list changed at all? Or are we pretty much there? hm

 

I was just wondering the same thing myself. I can't recall the last time we saw a new DC Universe variant show up. I still look for them but not as much as I used to.  About twice per year I check my local 2nd and Charles for these, plus I normally do a quick scan for DCUs if I travel into a city and go to shops that I have never visited before.

It makes me wonder.... are a lot of people still actively looking for these?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,443 posts

I think we’re probably close to there, but I also don’t think we’ve even gone a full year during the run of this thread without at least one new discovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,443 posts
Posted (edited)

I just checked, it’s been not quite nine months since the last ones: October 14, 2018. Two new ones: Steel #10 & Guy Gardner #26. Page 62.

Edited by mysterio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728 posts
12 hours ago, mysterio said:

I just checked, it’s been not quite nine months since the last ones: October 14, 2018. Two new ones: Steel #10 & Guy Gardner #26. Page 62.

Newly discovered DCU's are definitely few and far between, then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,443 posts
1 hour ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Newly discovered DCU's are definitely few and far between, then!

Most definitely! I agree that we’re close, but discoveries are still being made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,419 posts

Anything good in this pack?

BEA8CDCD-43D9-461D-B204-C5954E0A2E22.jpeg.74cc187b67f8de2385a4cc864050b623.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728 posts
2 hours ago, Carl Elvis said:

Anything good in this pack?

BEA8CDCD-43D9-461D-B204-C5954E0A2E22.jpeg.74cc187b67f8de2385a4cc864050b623.jpeg

No.  I believe all (or almost all) the issues within are first prints.   In my opinion, the pack is worth more intact than broken apart.  I've seen at least 3 of these packs sell in the past, and typical price was $25 to $50 for the entire pack.   But if broken apart, I believe the comic books within are practically worthless.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364 posts

I would agree with Kirk. As a sealed pack you could probably get in that range . Someone would either be missing the sealed pack or think they might find a good DCU(which there are not in this pack) only sale I could find on that specific pack came from April.

20190708_232343.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728 posts
19 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Also two more of the Funeral DCU just sold today for their full asking price. 

20190708_232848.jpg

20190708_232822.jpg

Those prices seem reasonable to me, especially the Superman 77.    That one is really hard to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,443 posts
24 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Those prices seem reasonable to me, especially the Superman 77.    That one is really hard to find.

You think it’s more difficult than the Action #686? They’re both clearly rare, but I’d gotten the impression that the Action was one of THE rarest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728 posts
12 hours ago, mysterio said:

You think it’s more difficult than the Action #686? They’re both clearly rare, but I’d gotten the impression that the Action was one of THE rarest. 

Action 686 is hard to find, but I think I've seen or found 10 of them in the last 19 years.   Probably half of that for Superman 77, SM MOS 20, and Adv of Superman 499.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,443 posts
24 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Action 686 is hard to find, but I think I've seen or found 10 of them in the last 19 years.   Probably half of that for Superman 77, SM MOS 20, and Adv of Superman 499.

Seems safe to say that the Funeral issues are among the very toughest, certainly moreso than the Death of Superman issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364 posts
11 hours ago, mysterio said:

Seems safe to say that the Funeral issues are among the very toughest, certainly moreso than the Death of Superman issues. 

I would definitely agree with this as there are not only a lot more copies of the death available,  but a lot of the Funeral have only one or two graded copies on the census.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,305 posts

Found a second copy of Detective 690 with a DCU sticker. cover price.. debating if I should pick it up if it's rare enough... I already have 1 in my collection.  @RockMyAmadeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728 posts
2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Found a second copy of Detective 690 with a DCU sticker. cover price.. debating if I should pick it up if it's rare enough... I already have 1 in my collection.  @RockMyAmadeus

I recommend you buy it if it is in nice condition.  I would buy it for $20 more than you paid, plus shipping if in nice condition.   It is handy to have these rare ones for trades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 posts

Just found a Guy Gardner 17 at a shop yesterday.  It was "sealed" in a bag, lighter than a comic bag with no large seems so I don't believe it was done by a shop in the past.   Cant post a pic of it now but will later.

Has anyone else seen these for issues??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,305 posts

Anyone know why two different copies of Green Lantern 52 DCU was sold off on July 11?  Don't see any other copies online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,443 posts
22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know why two different copies of Green Lantern 52 DCU was sold off on July 11?  Don't see any other copies online

No idea. One of the least rare DCUs in my experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
12 12