• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

very cool that you found many of these in the wild....I'm slightly surprised that many could be found in that fashion these days.  Congrats!

I really was too. I know at least one place there had to be someone that had bought the 20 packs and opened a few. The zero hour logos were pretty much all there . Found a second superboy zero at one of the flea markets.  They definitely were not found in order as shown. The one shop owner asked what was so special and why I picked those out. I directed him to the list here and we went through the ones I had found so he knew I wasn't pulling $100 books. My total average for all of these was about $3 a book. Most were $1 or less, but the most expensive were the AOS 499 for $35 , The Nightwing 1 for $25, and the Animaniacs 1 $15. 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:44 PM, TIA23 said:

Well, I m adding those DC Universe Variants on CBR and i "use" this fantastic list ! I hope you find/have them all one day :-)

Always welcome on CBR (I m Moderator TIA)

https://comicbookrealm.com/

Love cbr, one of my favorite references to check when I'm drunk ebay shopping at 2 in the morning.  :)

On 5/17/2021 at 11:46 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

Many moons ago, SM 117 DCU was only thought to exist but no one had ever seen it.  And then one big-time collector of DCU's found it.  You have found only the other copy that I'm aware of.   (worship)

Every time I find this book in the wild, I slowly, slowly pull it up out of the box only to be disappointed 100% of the time. Maybe someday...

V.

3 hours ago, Vfactor1 said:

Every time I find this book in the wild, I slowly, slowly pull it up out of the box only to be disappointed 100% of the time. Maybe someday...

V.

It will happen... have faith... lol.   But if you find a Superman 113 DCU or Superman MOS 39 DCU in FN or better condition, you just found $200 if you are willing to sell them to me.

54 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

It will happen... have faith... lol.   But if you find a Superman 113 DCU or Superman MOS 39 DCU in FN or better condition, you just found $200 if you are willing to sell them to me.

👍🏻😉

On 5/24/2021 at 8:05 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Some picks from this weekend. 

20210524_185215.jpg

20210520_161439.jpg

20210520_161445.jpg

20210522_152954.jpg

20210522_153009.jpg

20210522_153033.jpg

20210522_153155.jpg

20210524_184913.jpg

20210524_184927.jpg

I see you found another stickered SM MOS 42 DCU.  It is uncommon, but I will also say that's the 4th one I've seen.  It is strange to me that the makers of those packs decided to put DC Universe stickers on a select few comics.  I wonder why that happened.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:49 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

I see you found another stickered SM MOS 42 DCU.  It is uncommon, but I will also say that's the 4th one I've seen.  It is strange to me that the makers of those packs decided to put DC Universe stickers on a select few comics.  I wonder why that happened.

Yes. It is nice to find, but really wish it was the non stickered on that one. No clue as to why they stickered some of these. I know so far to me the most common stickered that I have found from the DCU have been the  Superman #104. I have found a few of the #104 stickered in the collector's sets. Which to me makes even less sense as it is not visible so why cover the direct box art? Still that at least it let's me know that these were not done after the fact. Also why I continue picking them up when I find them. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Error not SM MOT#5 stickered.

4 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:
14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That Superman 42 is that a DCU sticker? Never seen one of those.

yes.  I have now seen 4 of them.  We think the non-stickered is harder to find than stickered.

I would think the opposite just like Spawn books that were done at distributor? I am guessing you have
more stickered ones?

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

That Superman 42 is that a DCU sticker? Never seen one of those.

As Kirk said yes it is the stickered and the non stickered is harder to find. Same with the Superman #104. Although the MOS #42 is definitely a lot harder to find than the SUP #104. I currently only have one of each of the #42. That was the first stickered one I have managed to find for it.

The #104 I had 4 of the stickered and only 1 non..  Even currently on ebay there are/have been about 7-8+ of the stickered.  Only 1 non stickered of the #104

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

Hello all! 

Noob question, I'm just getting started with my DCU logo quest, super happy for my haul so far. I didn't know about the Batman logo and Zero Hour logo variants until just now finding this thread (so many books to find!). 

Are the Batman logo and Zero Hour logo books as expensive as some of the DCU logo books? Curious to think about tracking those down too but sort of nervous, if they are going to crazy expensive I might have to just stick to hunting DCU.

PXL_20210530_021544090.jpg

PXL_20210523_172320058.jpg

8 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

As Kirk said yes it is the stickered and the non stickered is harder to find. Same with the Superman #104. Although the MOS #42 is definitely a lot harder to find than the SUP #104. I currently only have one of each of the #42. That was the first stickered one I have managed to find for it.

The #104 I had 4 of the stickered and only 1 non..  Even currently on ebay there are/have been about 7-8+ of the stickered.  Only 1 non stickered of the #104

I pulled a stickered 104 out of Superman: Greatest Foes boxed set.  I think those sets were common and not hard to find, thus the stickered 104 is easy to find.

5 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

I pulled a stickered 104 out of Superman: Greatest Foes boxed set.  I think those sets were common and not hard to find, thus the stickered 104 is easy to find.

Wow!  I actually have something to contribute to this thread!  I pulled a stickered one from the same set. I submitted it about a month ago through CCS (box isn’t ‘received’ yet).  Sure it will be green label but will post pics when I get it back in a few months. 

On 5/29/2021 at 11:17 PM, Parallax2025 said:

Are the Batman logo and Zero Hour logo books as expensive as some of the DCU logo books?

Those are not as expensive as some of the DC Universe Logo.  In addition to the Bat Symbol and Zero Hour Logo , There is also the Bullet Logo  and if you really want to add to it the Star Trek Logo. 

Congratulations on your haul and good luck!