• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

512 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I did how much was added?

Close to a half hour of new footage. Also some of the footage you know plays out differently in sequence. Tarantino still states the film version is the cut he wanted but this miniseries is definitive and superior. I watched the four episodes which were about an hour each over a weekend and it was a new experience.

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 writer-director Quentin Tarantino has engaged in talks with star Uma Thurman about a potential third entry as recently as last week.

“Me and Uma actually talked about it recently, frankly, to tell you the truth. I’m not sure if I’m gonna do it, but I have thought about it a little further,” Tarantino told the Happy Sad Confusedpodcast when promoting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which Tarantino has hinted could be his penultimate or even final film.

“If any of my movies would be taken — me and Uma were literally talking about it last week — so if any of my movies were going to spring from one of my other movies, it would be the third Kill Bill.”

Asked to name the character he most often revisits in his mind, Tarantino chewed on the question before answering with four: Thurman’s Bride, David Carradine’s Bill, and Brad Pitt’s Aldo Raine and Christoph Waltz’s Hans Landa from Inglorious Basterds.

“I think four that would probably qualify the most — because they’re the ones I kind of from time to time go back to thinking about them a little bit — it would be the Bride, Bill, Landa and Aldo,” Tarantino said.

The filmmaker added he likes the late Vega brothers — Madsen’s Vic Vega in Reservoir Dogs and John Travolta’s Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction — but admitted they don’t often enter his mind.

“I’ve wondered what happens to the Bride 10 years later, 15 years later, what happens to her daughter,” Tarantino said.

“With Bill, none of these I’ve worked out scenarios for, alright, but the whole Bill origin story has always entranced me with the idea of these three godfathers. Esteban Vihaio, the Mexican pimp, Hattori Hanzo, and Pei Mei, and how he had to go through all three of those to become this diabolical Bill.”

20 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Spider-Man knocks off Batman as the number one selling super hero video game of all time.

What a great year for Spider-Man. This news, Far Away from Home going to do a billion and Spider-Verse winning a oscar.

This is just USA-only stats when they made this announcement. Not worldwide. And only for the PS4. Though still a big win.

Just ahead of San Diego Comic-Con's superhero panels today, NPD analyst Mat Piscatella shared data of the best-selling superhero games in the United States. While we have long-known that Marvel's Spider-Man, the PS4-exclusive collaboration between Marvel Games and Sony and developed by Insomniac, is one of the fastest-selling superhero titles ever, it is also now the best-selling one. Peter Parker has officially leapfrogged over his nearest competitor, Batman's Arkham City.

Arkham City, the follow-up to the critically successful Arkham Asylum, was released in 2011 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. The sequel took Batman into an open world and let Batman fly around a condemned prisoner island beating up thugs and solving mysteries.