• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

512 posts in this topic

HELLO MY FRIEND,

I AM LIEUTENANT GENERAL ABIBI OF THE UGANDA BANK OF WORLD MONIES. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR *CBM SUB-FORUM* AND WOULD LOVE TO PURCHASE MANY *CBM SUB-FORUM* FOR MY MANY WORKERS ACROSS OUR GLOBAL MONIES COMPANY.

UNFORTUNATELY, OUR MONIES SYSTEM HAS $2 MILLION USD TIED UP IN OUR NETWORK, WHICH CAN ONLY BE BUMPED BY THE NEXT TRANSACTION SUBMITTED, WHICH MUST BE $2 THOUSAND USD TO MOVE THE MONIES FORWARD. IF YOU CAN SEND ME A WESTERN UNION PAYMENT, I CAN THEN USE THIS $2 MILLION USD MONIES TO PURCHASE MANY *CBM SUB-FORUM* IMMEDIATELY.

YOUR FRIEND,

LIEUTENANT GENERAL ABIBI

UGANDA BANK OF WORLD MONIES, LLC

P.S. PLEASE HURRY, BEFORE THE MONIES BECOME PERMANENTLY HELD IN OUR SYSTEM.

This is going to be at least 3 hours.

WATCHMEN Ultimate Cut Will Be Available For Digital Purchase and Rental March 22

On March 22, Vudu (and likely other digital movie providers like iTunes and Amazon) will allow users to rent and/or purchase Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut in UHD.

There's no price point set yet at the site, which recently added the movie for fans who already owned it on Flixster, but it will be available for the first time a stand-alone digital product just days before Watchmen director Zack Snyder's Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice hits theaters.

Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut restores deleted scenes as well as integrating elements of the Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter animated movie to more closely mimic the comic book series on which the film is based. It was previously available only as a digital download from Flixster, free with purchase of the Ultimate Cut on Blu-ray.

:whee:

Shane Black Wants The Rock For DOC SAVAGE

Shane Black was announced as the director of the Doc Savage adaptation back in 2013, and would really like to get started shooting his take on the classic pulp hero sometime next year. He told Entertainment Weekly who he has pegged for the lead role.

“I would very much like to do Doc with a fellow named Dwayne Johnson if we can make that work,” Black said. “I made a decision that Dwayne is the guy.”

He's willing to wait for Dwayne to get some free time, as his current schedule is busy with the current Baywatch reboot and another Fast and Furious. Black followed up by saying “(the film is) on the back burner while he’s busy.” It always makes for a better film if the director gets the actor he envisions for the role, so it's probably smart to wait.

My wallet just cannot take all these movies now.

:ohnoez:

Hawkeye - The Movie!

Filmmaker Kevin Housand has created a fan film based on Matt Fraction, David Aja and Annie Wu's acclaimed Hawkeye run. All the staples are present - Clint Barton, Kate Bishop, the Tracksuit Mafia, even Lucky, the Pizza Dog.

Sicario producers say Josh Brolin & Emily Blunt will also return for sequel

Black Label Media's Molly Smith and Trent and Thad Luckinbill recently gave an update on the follow-up while speaking with THR, and Smith says "We're in full development with the studio. I just got a draft [of a -script from writer Taylor Sheridan], and we're really excited."

The Luckinbills went on to tell the magazine that Josh Brolin and Emily Blunt are also expected to return for the sequel.

Thad: "We've circulated it to the reps, and everybody [from the cast of the original is] on board."

Trent: "Taylor's a really great world-builder. He's got that kind of modern Western voice, which is in vogue right now. And he did it again [with the sequel]. It's a great big world. We can't reveal the plot, but you'll see [Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin] all come back. You have such a great character with Benicio, who was as dark as he was and still so loved. That character resonates so well with audiences. People want to know what happened to him, so it's a perfect foray for us to explore. Obviously we would love it if Denis [Villeneuve] could [direct]. He's a busy man, but he's certainly part of the process with us right now."

I was the first Boardie to suggest this Subforum.

:acclaim:

So your the one responsible for triggering my PTSSF headaches

POST TRAUMATIC STRESS SUBFORUM

This has been rumored for years now.

zombieland-2-178737.jpg

During tonight's presentation at CinemaCon, Sony brought the goods for Zombieland fans who had long since started to wonder whether the long-promised sequel would ever even happen. The new logo doesn't tell us much -- except that, yes, Sony still has the long-awaited horror-comedy sequel in development.

The original film starred Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. A TV pilot produced at Amazon by Zombieland creators Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick starred Kirk Ward, Tyler Ross, Maiara Walsh, and Izabela Vidovic.

Reese and Wernick, who worked on the Deadpool screenplay, are attached to the second Zombieland film, as well as Sony's forthcoming adaptation of the board game Life.

:whee:

It looks like Avatar is going wild. For real.

20th Century Fox Reveals New Avatar Logo

james-cameron-avatar-178949.jpg

A new logo for James Cameron's Avatar was revealed Thursday evening by 20th Century Fox. The logo accompanied a press release covering the earlier announcement by Cameron that his film would receive four sequels (instead of an initially planned three).

The Avatar sequels are planned to hit in 2018, 2020, 2022, and 2023 - an ambitious plan as the first sequel has struggled to get out of the pre-production phase.

I didn't realize they were up to four planned films.

Like what happened with Michelle Obama receiving 'Downton Abbey' advanced videos, President Obama is receiving 'Game of Thrones Season Six'. So some reporter tried to take advantage of the situation with the FOIA.

Journalist Files Freedom Of Information Act Request To Get President Obama's Game Of Thrones Screeners

While screener episodes of HBO's new Game of Thrones season haven't been made available to the press -- and reportedly won't, to preserve the show's secrecy this season -- U.S. President Barack Obama has reportedly seem some of the episodes already.

Apparently irked by this double standard, a writer for Refinery 29 reports that she has filed a request through the Freedom of Information Act to get her hands on Obama's copies.

...Yes, really.

lol