• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

512 posts in this topic

Milla Jovovich has given fans their first look at the official poster for Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, the sixth and final installment of the film franchise in which the actress has been appearing for almost 15 years.

:o

tTAntg7.jpg

Sounds like Dwayne Johnson wants to give someone a talking-to.

Fast 8: Dwayne Johnson Hints at Behind the Scenes Cast Troubles

But as Johnson finishes the sequence - and apparently his time on set of Fast 8 - he's hinting that the rage Hobbs has in this already-infamous prison sequence may not be all fake. Check out what Johnson posted on his Facebook Page:

"This is my final week of shooting Fast & Furious 8. There's no other franchise that gets my blood boiling more than this one. An incredible hard working crew. Universal Studios Entertainment has been great partners as well. My female co-stars are always amazing and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't. The ones that don't are too chicken mess to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right.

Bottom line is it'll play great for the movie and fits this Hobbs character that's embedded in my DNA extremely well. The producer in me is happy about this part. Final week on FAST 8 and I will finish strong."

:ohnoez:

It appears to be Vin Diesel that got into it with Dwayne Johnson.

The Rock's Fast and Furious Feud Is Reportedly With Vin Diesel

"When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I'm not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling - you're right," he wrote.

That led to some immediate speculation about just who he was talking about. According to a TMZ report, the object of The Rock's ire was series star and producer Vin Diesel. According to their sources, Diesel and Johnson had a "secret meeting" on set to figure out what the source of his issues were. Diesel has been famously heavily involved in the franchise for the last several films, and is largely credited with keeping it alive after a couple of disappointing sequels made it seem that it may be short-lived, not the massive worldwide success it has turned into. Apparently his decisions as a story contributor and producer "didn't sit well" with Johnson.

Their sources also said that the rest of The Rock's male co-stars weren't happy about the public statement, as the rest of them were harangued by fans and friends alike about whether The Rock was talking about each of them. Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, Tyrese, Ludacris, and Scott Eastwood also star in the film.

the-rock-vin-diesel-194204.jpg

Groot vs. Black Adam

RUMOR: Marvel Is Reportedly Considering A WHITE TIGER TV Series For Netflix

144494.jpg

Could White Tiger join the likes of Jessica Jones and Daredevil as a future Netflix Marvel TV project? According to Bleeding Cool's sources, Marvel has wrapped production on four pilot shorts which are to be put forward as possibilities for Netflix shows somewhere down the line.

Three remain a mystery, but one is apparently based around La Tigresa Blanca - the Angela Del Toro incarnation of the character, who was an ex-FBI agent and niece of the original White Tiger. Del Toro was eventually corrupted by The Hand is is currently a villain in the comics, so that arc could certainly make for intriguing television.

Edgar Wright Live-Tweeted Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Last night, Channel 4, a British public-service television broadcaster, aired Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and Wright encouraged his Twitter followers to tune in as he live-tweeted it, rewarding them with new behind-the-scenes information.

hf7TlvQ.png

That's pretty cool. I'd like to see another Scott Pilgrim movie if they can keep that same comedic tone.

I hope this movie does okay. The original is a classic and I would hate to see it get tagged with a stinker.

Would love them to do Dr. Zhavago again, but I doubt that will happen.

I do agree on Ben-Hur. When I went to Suicide Squad the previous week and this trailer came up, there wasn't even a 'WOW" uttered throughout.

Oddly enough, Doctor Zhivago is one of my favorite classics. And it included one of the most beautiful actresses of the time (or ever).

costumes-in-Dr-Zhivago.png

John Turturro Is Reportedly Filming a ‘Big Lebowski’ Spinoff

big-lebowski-john-turturro-slice-600x200.jpg

It appears that John Turturro’s long-held wish for a Big Lebowski spinoff has come true. The actor has been talking for years about his desire to see the story of Jesus Quintana continued in some form or another, but the film’s writers/directors, Joel and Ethan Coen, have not been secretive in their disinterest in making such a project. However, after all this time it appears that Turturro may have simply taken things into his own hands, as word comes that he’s actually filming a Big Lebowski spinoff right now.

Turturro is currently in production on Going Places, which is a remake of the 1974 French sex farce Les Valseuses. However, the folks at Birth.Movies.Death have learned that the film is actually a Big Lebowski spinoff centered around Jesus Quintana, with Turturro handling -script duties and reprising the role with a cast that also includes Bobby Cannavale, Audrey Tautou, and Susan Sarandon. So, yeah, that’s kind of big news.

Ben-Hur Review

Short Version: Ben-Hur is going to be an exciting Netflix watch - but that's about it.

Jack Huston is best known as Richard, the sensitive, maimed-faced hitman from Boardwalk Empire, and in Ben-Hur, Huston definitely makes the case for himself as a leading actor. He gives the character of Ben-Hur much more depth and range than Charlton Heston's version from the 1959 movie, and carries each stage of Judah's complicated life journey equally well.

The real odd addition to the cast is Morgan Freeman as Ilderim: Freeman seems to be really phoning it in here, using a ridiculous silver-haired dreadlock wig and extravagant costumes to do the actual acting, while he walks and talks just like... Morgan Freeman. It's bizarre. Other cast members come and go with little to do but pace through the motions of the story; the only real standout is the recurring cameo by Rodrigo Santoro (300), playing a certain carpenter of Jerusalem with all these crazy ideas about love.

In the end, Ben-Hur is going to be an exciting Netflix watch - but that's about it. In terms of seeing it as a theatrical release, don't bother; the 2016 Olympics will provide better sporting thrills.

Grade: C

When 3-D releases can blow up in your face.

Jason Bourne 3D Screenings in China Draw Backlash

The arrival of the fifth installment in the Bourne franchise brought with it the return of Matt Damon in the titular role of Jason Bourne, but also director Paul Greengrass. Aside from these two heavyweights however, Jason Bourne also brought a 3D version specifically for its Chinese market. If the handheld, ultra-fast pace of Jason Bourne’s cinematography seems like an odd match for 3D technology, well, you’re not the only one who thinks so.

According to Deadline, moviegoers and critics alike in China are complaining about the 3D version of Jason Bourne after only two days in theaters. Audiences have registered such an adverse reaction that the film’s distributors are now doing everything they can to bring more 2D versions of the film to China. Chinese viewers have called the 3D Bourne film “a rip-off” and have accused Universal Pictures and its Chinese affiliates of releasing the film primarily in 3D across China to capitalize on the format’s higher ticket prices.

Judging by the paltry number of theaters screening a 2D version of Jason Bourne in Beijing alone – a city of 11 million people – Chinese moviegoers are certainly justified in feeling they’ve been ripped-off.

Why would a Bourne movie even need a 3-D release? It doesn't seem to be an effects-heavy film where you will have things flying out at you from the screen.

Is it possible for studios to release a movie for Western markets that takes place in Asia without casting a white dude in the lead role? It happens so often it has become a parody of itself. lol

Looks to be taking the basic premise from the wall storyline in game of thrones if you ask me.

As for race, yeah true but it's just about money IMO. They want it to play to both western and eastern audiences.