• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

512 posts in this topic

Wow!

:o

AT&T Agrees to Buy Time Warner for More Than $80 Billion

AT&T has agreed to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion, a person briefed on the matter said on Saturday, a move that would create a new colossus in the worlds of media and telecommunications. The proposed transaction could be announced as soon as Saturday evening, this person added.

The pairing brings together AT&T’s millions of wireless and pay-television subscribers with Time Warner’s deep media lineup including networks such as CNN, TNT, the prized HBO channel and Warner Bros. film and TV studio.

A merger of the companies would be the most ambitious marriage of content and distribution in the media and telecom industries since Comcast Corp.’s purchase of NBCUniversal and would create a behemoth to rival that cable giant. A rigorous regulatory review is expected and the acquisition of Time Warner likely wouldn’t close until late 2017, people close to the process said.

The potential union would probably face heavy scrutiny from government regulators, who have shown increasing skepticism about such mega-mergers.

What will that mean for Warner Bros. Studios and DC Comics?

Long-awaited ‘Goon’ sequel coming to theatres in Canada

The much-anticipated follow-up to 2011’s rowdy cult classic Goon has been given a Canadian release date, and it’s St. Patrick’s Day.

VwT33MO.png

Directed by Jay Baruchel, who made the announcement via Twitter, Goon: Last of the Enforcers reunites affable tough-guy-on-skates Doug Glatt (Sean William Scott) and retired enforcer Ross Rhea (Liev Schreiber, whom NHL fans recall from his dulcet narration of 24/7).

New additions to the cast include T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley‘s primary scene thief), Wyatt Russell (Everybody Wants Some!!) and Elisha Cuthbert (Happy Endings), who is married to Ottawa Senators defenceman Dion Phaneuf.

:whee:

What a great movie!

HAMILTON Creator And Former Star Lin-Manuel Wants To Bring CARNAGE To The MCU

rs-243008-lin.jpg

On the last episode of Meet the Movie Press, host Simon Thompson revealed that upcoming guest Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton) told him that he would like to play Spider-Man symbiote villain, Carnage. Thompson reports:

"He (Miranda) is a big fan of Marvel. And there is one particular character that he would actually like to play. It’s Carnage. He said if Disney and Marvel were looking at doing a Maximum Carnage movie or bringing Carnage in (the MCU) as a character, he wants to be Carnage. Genuinely as a fan, he would love to play Carnage. That’s a goal of his."

The Disney connection is definitely there as Lin-Manuel recently starred in their upcoming animated pic, Moana, and will co-star in the studio's upcoming Marry Poppins remake. While he doesn't exactly fit the bill of most comic book reader expectations for Cletus Kasady, Marvel has proven that they're sometimes willing to go the opposite direction with their casting selections.

:o

Lightning McQueen sets out to prove to a new generation of racers that he's still the best race car in the world.

Starring: Owen Wilson, Jason Pace, Jose Premole

Cars 3 Official Trailer - Teaser (2017) - Disney Pixar Movie

I was actually wondering if this was ever going to be relaunched. Especially with the large following.

Anne Rice Regains Rights To Vampire Chronicles And Hopes For Epic TV Show

Anne Rice created the memorable Vampire Chronicles books and, despite plans for a movie reboot being put on hold, hopes she can work with her son to develop an epic TV series in the vein of Penny Dreadful or Game of Thrones.

In a Facebook post, the author couldn't wait to share the news that her creations had returned to her.

sD2qBvM.png

"The theatrical rights to the Vampire Chronicles are once again in my hands, free and clear! I could not be more excited about this! --- A television series of the highest quality is now my dream for Lestat, Louis, Armand, Marius and the entire tribe. In this the new Golden Age of television, such a series is THE way to let the entire story of the vampires unfold."

"Over the years you all have told me how much you want to see a 'Game of Thrones' style faithful rendering of this material, and how much you want for the series to remain in my control. Well, I have heard you. I have always heard you. What you want is what I want."

Picked up my copy of Final Fantasy XV yesterday. The first day patch took about an hour to install but not a big issue.

I've played nearly all the FF titles so this new real time battle system was something I wasn't sure if I would like or not. Final verdict...

I love it. Not that I like it "better" than the turn base system but rather it's different. The fights were very enjoyable. It's a little intimidating at first trying to get use to the controls but after several fights it became a reflex.

I started at 7 pm and the next thing I knew it was 1:30 am. Time flew by and I haven't even gotten past the first gas station lol. Spent all that time exploring and messing around with all the different things you can do.

I don't know if the game will get better or worse as I continue but I can safely say I can't wait to get home and start playing again.

WHOA!

Taboo, starring Tom Hardy, premieres on FX January 10, and fans should be preparing for a wild ride. The story follows an man returning from Africa with some deep pockets, and even deeper secrets. Check out the official synopsis:

Set in 1814, Taboo follows James Keziah Delaney, a man who has been to the ends of the earth and comes back irrevocably changed. Believed to be long dead, he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father’s shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. But his father’s legacy is a poisoned chalice, and with enemies lurking in every dark corner, James must navigate increasingly complex territories to avoid his own death sentence. Encircled by conspiracy, murder, and betrayal, a dark family mystery unfolds in a combustible tale of love and treachery.

Picked up the Criterion edition of "The Most Dangerous Game" yesterday. I forgot how awesome that one was. For an 85 year old movie, it holds up better than a lot of the "newer completion." Makes a great companion movie to King Kong now as well.

Still in love with Fay Wray.

Might look for her Four Feathers and Vampire Bat movies now.

Picked up the Criterion edition of "The Most Dangerous Game" yesterday. I forgot how awesome that one was. For an 85 year old movie, it holds up better than a lot of the "newer completion." Makes a great companion movie to King Kong now as well.

I will have to check it out. I love Fay Wray.

(thumbs u

I will have to check it out. I love Fay Wray.

(thumbs u

If you love Fay, you are going to love this one. (thumbs u

Especially, when they are being chased around on the very familiar King Kong sets.

If there wasn't a Pats game tonight, I would watch the Uncut '33 classic again.

:ohnoez: