• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

512 posts in this topic

Sony Pictures Entertainment has released the first trailer for their upcoming The Magnificent Seven. The Magnificent Seven stars Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, Matt Bomer, Ethan Hawke, Peter Sarsgaard, Haley Bennett and Cam Gigandet.

The Magnificent Seven is set for release September 23, 2016.

That is a lot of star power!

Robert Downey Jr. says Sherlock Holmes 3 might film this year

Every now and then we'll get an update on the project, and the latest one comes from Robert Downey Jr. While speaking with Shortlist magazine, Downey said he's recently been in contact with director Guy Ritchie, and that they might try to start filming for the threequel sometime later this year.

"I know Guy Ritchie loves me as much as I love him – and he damn well should. When we’re making those Sherlock movies it is off the hook. We’ll attempt to make one this year. It really is a big deal to go and do those movies. I’m tired all the time, but I’m excited about it."

Downey also said they could do "some preliminary stuff" right now, and that they could have the movie done in a week it they could "shoot it on Skype."

Now that's the way to advertise a notebook.

Moleskine, an Italian manufacturer of luxury notebooks and other paper products, has a new Game of Thrones Limited Edition Collection. To celebrate the release of their four-themed Game of Thrones notebooks, they commissioned Dadomani, a milan-based video and animation studio, to recreate the iconic opening sequence of HBO's Emmy-winning fantasy series entirely out of paper.

‘The Dark Tower’ Recruits ‘Vikings’ Star Katheryn Winnick

9HDh1bv.jpg

Today, Variety brings the news that Vikings Star Katherine Winnick has joined the cast in a mystery role. It’s possible that Winnick could be on board as the central female protagonist Sussanah, or considering the -script reportedly pulls from multiple installments of King’s expansive tome, she could be playing pretty much anyone. What’s all but certain is that she will be kicking some . As any Vikings fan can attest, as an accomplished former martial arts champion, Winnick is a formidable physical actress. With production currently underway in Cape Town, we’ll hopefully get more details in the near future.

:whee:

Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft For Tomb Raider

Opss8JM.png

Alicia Vikander has been cast as Lara Croft in an upcoming Tomb Raider reboot.

Vikander is best known to ComicBook.com community for her role as the artificially intelligent being in Ex Machina. She is also known for her roles in The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Danish Girl, and A Royal Affair. She'll also be appearing alongside Matt Damon in Jason Bourne later this year.

Roar Uthaug (The Wave) will be directing the new Tomb Raider film which will tells the story of a young and untested Lara Croft fighting to survive her first adventure. Graham King is on board to produce.

Game Of Thrones: Does Jon Snow Return In Fire?

Fans closely examining the photos for “Home” noticed that there seems to be a glow on the faces of Alliser Thorne and Dolorous Edd, and that the glow may indicate Jon Snow’s resurrection. That’s right, we’ve reached the point where a photo having a light source is enough hope for fans to cling on to.

The reasoning goes that the light looks like it is coming from a fire. Fans speculate that this fire is Jon’s own funeral pyre, one that will actually lead to his rebirth rather than his final death.

got602-111215-hs-dsc3975-1--180621.jpg

hm

Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft For Tomb Raider

Opss8JM.png

Alicia Vikander has been cast as Lara Croft in an upcoming Tomb Raider reboot.

Vikander is best known to ComicBook.com community for her role as the artificially intelligent being in Ex Machina. She is also known for her roles in The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Danish Girl, and A Royal Affair. She'll also be appearing alongside Matt Damon in Jason Bourne later this year.

Roar Uthaug (The Wave) will be directing the new Tomb Raider film which will tells the story of a young and untested Lara Croft fighting to survive her first adventure. Graham King is on board to produce.

Interesting choice, but fits well with the version of Lara Croft in the rebooted series, that is, the last two games.

Westerns are making a comeback.

A father must leave his ranch for Dodge City to save his kidnapped daughter from an old enemy, putting his reputation as the fastest draw in the west to the test. Starring Trace Adkins, Michael Paré & Kris Kristofferson.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-12-uk-russian-embassy-tweets-screenshot-from-command-and-conquer-generals

By Tom Phillips Published 12/05/2016

The Russian Embassy in London has tweeted a screenshot from PC real-time strategy game Command & Conquer: Generals.

3186218135.png

The image, of three green army trucks, was posted with the accompanying text: "Extremists near Aleppo received several truckloads of chemical ammo."

Aleppo, the largest city in Syria, has seen some of the fiercest fighting in the very real civil war which is still ongoing. More than 26,000 have lost their lives in the city and its surrounding area since 2012.

Command & Conquer: Generals, the EA-published video game, takes place in a near-future setting where the USA and China team up to nuke a terrorist organisation.

The Russian Embassy account has added "image used for illustration purposes only" to the screenshot, which is the first result when you type the keywords 'bomb truck' into Google Images.

But this hasn't stopped other Twitter users from expressing their surprise at the choice of image - rather than a picture of the real-life trucks instead.

Director Gareth Edwards Exits ‘Godzilla 2’

Gareth Edwards has exited Godzilla 2. I’m told the split was an amicable one for Legendary, Warner Bros and Edwards, who helmed the first film in the series in 2014 and promptly signed on to direct Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which looks from the trailer like it will be a strong next step for that franchise. Edwards has his own gestating projects he wanted to pursue, and they are smaller in scale than the back-to-back tentpole-size pictures he is directing with the Godzilla launch and then the Star Wars spinoff. Max Borenstein wrote the current version of Godzilla 2, which was dated this week for release March 22, 2019.

In a way, this may be a good thing. I was not impressed with the last movie. With the lack of Godzilla in his own movie, and then the creatures he fought being less than traditional foes, let someone take a crack at delivering Godzilla 2.

Robert Downey Jr. says Sherlock Holmes 3 might film this year

Every now and then we'll get an update on the project, and the latest one comes from Robert Downey Jr. While speaking with Shortlist magazine, Downey said he's recently been in contact with director Guy Ritchie, and that they might try to start filming for the threequel sometime later this year.

"I know Guy Ritchie loves me as much as I love him – and he damn well should. When we’re making those Sherlock movies it is off the hook. We’ll attempt to make one this year. It really is a big deal to go and do those movies. I’m tired all the time, but I’m excited about it."

Downey also said they could do "some preliminary stuff" right now, and that they could have the movie done in a week it they could "shoot it on Skype."

(thumbs u

I didn't expect this to be the case. But I stopped in a Dollar Tree to purchase some screw bins. It now sells Blu-Ray movies.

S2U5SNb.jpg

I definitely know Battlestar Galactica, I never heard of 'Blood & Chrome' before now. But for a Blu-Ray/DVD set for a dollar, worth the risk.

There is a pile of garbage movies. But if anyone is needing to replace cracked dual-disc Blu-Ray cases, a dollar is a lot better than the $2-$3 it would cost on Ebay to replace the case.