• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Display or to Store - that is the Question! posted by Triskelion

13 posts in this topic

Thank you Chris Faulkner

I've always found storing and displaying comic book slabs very challenging. Always seems like a difficult trade-off, ie keep 'em stored away im boxes or frame and hang 'em, etc.

When I saw Chris Faulkner's You Tube uploaded comic book glass drawer storage system, it suddenly dawned on me: "Yes, this is it, this is EXACTLY how I would like to both store & display my slabs."

Had my buddy make this one for me, just recently completed. Display + storage rolled into one. 6 x 4 drawer type shelving which can hold approximately ~750 slabs (or a combination of slabs, raw books, TPB's/HC's, etc). What I really like about the glass front cover is that it allows me to change & rotate slabs I'd like to display etc.

It's been a personally wonderful 2014 for me especially in the CGC collecting space, and this shelf/drawer was a great cap to the year. I wish you all the best in your collecting journeys in 2015!

Thanks for reading and happy collecting guys!

16265.jpg

See more journals by Triskelion

That is a great concept...much easier to sort through your books (which by the way, are amazing) and change up the display. Where do you keep it though so you can view them regularly? I use the Frame-It-Again Sam frames and display them in my bedroom...keep the blinds closed most of the time to prevent sun damage...but it's not so easy to swap the books out.

Thanks! Apart from this bought a handful of other display accessories, e.g. UV- resistant frames from Gweedo's Showcase (Ebay), as well as UV-resistant acrylic stands from CGA. Easier to swap books out using the CGA stands in my experience (ie since the framed ones are hung up).

Wow... simply incredible!

The display and filing system is so beautiful in both organization and aesthetics that it looks museum worthy.

And... You have a great collection filled with lots of holy grails! Congrats!

May you 2015 be equally blessed.

Happy New Year!

SW3D

Wow... simply incredible!

The display and filing system is so beautiful in both organization and aesthetics that it looks museum worthy.

And... You have a great collection filled with lots of holy grails! Congrats!

May you 2015 be equally blessed.

Happy New Year!

SW3D

Thanks SW3D and a happy new year to you too!

I am in awe. I know of a place in Seattle that makes custom furniture for the hobbyists, but if you were here in the states I am sure you would put them out of business. What an amazing piece of furniture you put together. I figure if I start a project like that now, I'll write a journal about it when I am done...in forty years.