• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your favorite scene in a CB movie or TV show?

240 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I know. It is cool. I am trying to give some constructive criticism, as to why the Snyder movies are not loved like the Marvel movies.

No. You threw a fit because you assumed you were being attacked before realizing you were being kidded with. We've only exchanged PM's for years.

Meanwhile, 'Man of Steel' kicked arse no matter what you thought of the costume, and Batman was considered the biggest success of BvS along with Wonder Woman. Let's not forget her.

wonderwoman.jpg?crop=0px,79px,2700px,141

(:

But I love ya.

:baiting:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

No. You threw a fit because you assumed you were being attacked before realizing you were being kidded with. We've only exchanged PM's for years.

Meanwhile, 'Man of Steel' kicked arse no matter what you thought of the costume, and Batman was considered the biggest success of BvS along with Wonder Woman. Let's not forget her.

wonderwoman.jpg?crop=0px,79px,2700px,141

(:

But I love ya.

:baiting:

Wondet Woman looks normal. Batfleck doesn't. Wonder Woman looks appealing, while Batfleck looks,well like a Rob Liefeld drawing that came to life. Really the Batman and Flash costumes look laughable. Most people I converse with see that and don't take them serious. They think of cartoon characters.

Wonder Woman looks believable, and hopefully now that the Snyder/Affleck BvS/JLA era is over DC will move on to greater things.

DC has great characters. Make Wonder Woman the star of the universe now.Use her as the benchmark going foward.

Good or bad Snyder has to go,even his Watchmen should have done better at the box office. For some reason a lot of people just don't dig his style. Time to get someone else.

Also I hope a new costume designer. :flamed:

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Wondet Woman looks normal. Batfleck doesn't.

Costumes were not the problem with Justice League. You are plugging in your dislike of something as the root cause when reality is WB yet again tampered with a -script. To the point time became the enemy.

Poor CGI on Superman (moustache, corn field) really stood out. Yet when they did scenes right (Superman fighting JL), people went nuts over these. There wasn't a mass demand 'Get rid of Affleck's costume'. Though at this point, they most probably want him gone. Like has been said on here, he is the weak link to the team atmosphere even with his fellow actors.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Costumes were not the problem with Justice League. You are plugging in your dislike of something as the root cause when reality is WB yet again tampered with a --script. To the point time became the enemy.

Poor CGI on Superman (moustache, corn field) really stood out. Yet when they did scenes right (Superman fighting JL), people went nuts over these. There wasn't a mass demand 'Get rid of Affleck's costume'. Though at this point, they most probably want him gone. Like has been said on here, he is the weak link to the team atmosphere even with his fellow actors.

Also why did Cavill not show respect for his Superman character? Why did he show more importance to his Mission Impossible role? 

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

Also why did Cavill not show respect for his Superman character? Why did he show more importance to his Mission Impossible role? 

You must have missed all this while posting how much you disliked Affleck. :kidaround:

:rulez:

He was under contract with Paramount. It's a legal thing. More than one article noted this during 'Mustache Gate' ( :facepalm: ). Again, you are dismissing that fact and assuming disrespect for a role. Cavill has more than proven he is very proud of serving as Clark Kent/Superman.

You must have missed all this while posting how much you disliked Affleck. :kidaround:

:rulez:

He was under contract with Paramount. It's a legal thing. More than one article noted this during 'Mustache Gate' ( :facepalm: ). Again, you are dismissing that fact and assuming disrespect for a role. Cavill has more than proven he is very proud of serving as Clark Kent/Superman.

You would think Superman is his biggest role,and would take precedence over his Mission:Impossible role. I don't think Robert Downey Jr. would shave off his Tony Stark moustache if he was in a Mission Impossible or similar movie. Cavill must now go as well for disrespecting the Man of Steel. (:

So my list to go.

Snyder

Batfleck

Cavill

costume designer.

i will leave on some positive DC goodwill. Aquaman will be more liked than BvS and Justice League. I look forward to it.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You would think Superman is his biggest role,and would take precedence over his Mission:Impossible role. I don't think Robert Downey Jr. would shave off his Tony Stark moustache if he was in a Mission Impossible or similar movie. Cavill must now go as well for disrespecting the Man of Steel. (:

So my list to go.

Snyder

Batfleck

Cavill

costume designer.

i will leave on some positive DC goodwill. Aquaman will be more liked than BvS and Justice League. I look forward to it.

lol

Okay.

8 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Those costumes are awful.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman were good, but Flash, Batman, and Cyborg were ridiculous looking. Batfleck looks like he is into the leather scene. Superman with the fake 6 pack? Mainstream American fans can see this.  People are not going to take them serious like Marvel heroes who look modern and hip.

Anybody can tell the difference of which one looks normal and which one looks campy.

is-ben-affleck-s-batman-a-continuation-of-batman-1989.jpg

24273937_1965128397045271_840471541585018880_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY1ODU1NTc1MTE2MDY1NDc2Mg%3D%3D.2

My take on it. I’m not a fan of the design choice for Superman or Flash but they nailed Batman for me. Based it off Miller’s Dark Knight Returns. I absolutely love it despite not liking BvS. On the other hand, I hated Batman’s costume in the Nolan trilogy and those are the pinnacle for me in comic book movies. 

Supermans costume is too glossy and muted at the same time. I would prefer bright fabric for him. When DC’s top two are in a film together they should appear as polar opposites. Batman’s dark shadows to Superman’s bright beacon. 

2 hours ago, Reader said:

My take on it. I’m not a fan of the design choice for Superman or Flash but they nailed Batman for me. Based it off Miller’s Dark Knight Returns. I absolutely love it despite not liking BvS. On the other hand, I hated Batman’s costume in the Nolan trilogy and those are the pinnacle for me in comic book movies. 

Supermans costume is too glossy and muted at the same time. I would prefer bright fabric for him. When DC’s top two are in a film together they should appear as polar opposites. Batman’s dark shadows to Superman’s bright beacon. 

And yet even with the costumes not meeting all your expectations, is THAT the thing which makes you wish WB made a major change, or is it a solidly delivered story that avoids being jam-packed with details?

I appreciate many of these movies (DC & Marvel). But even the mighty Marvel can take liberties with character design and backstories (Spider-Man getting his suit from Tony Stark, and it is this hi-tech battlesuit) and I try not to let that be a distraction from the story.

And yet even with the costumes not meeting all your expectations, is THAT the thing which makes you wish WB made a major change, or is it a solidly delivered story that avoids being jam-packed with details?

I appreciate many of these movies (DC & Marvel). But even the mighty Marvel can take liberties with character design and backstories (Spider-Man getting his suit from Tony Stark, and it is this hi-tech battlesuit) and I try not to let that be a distraction from the story.

Costume has little to do with it for me as The Dark Knight proves. I hated the suit and the film was near perfection. Of course I'd love to see the costumes I envision. We all would. 

7 minutes ago, Reader said:

Costume has little to do with it for me as The Dark Knight proves. I hated the suit and the film was near perfection. Of course I'd love to see the costumes I envision. We all would. 

By the way, I liked the suit in the Nolan run, and the details how it came together. It made it more everyman-like that if someone had access to such battlefield equipment, they could attempt the same thing.

By the way, I liked the suit in the Nolan run, and the details how it came together. It made it more everyman-like that if someone had access to such battlefield equipment, they could attempt the same thing.

Yes, I guess it did fit in better with the Nolanverse. Ha, who came up with "Nolanverse?" Its three movies! 

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

The difference between the Nolan and Affleck Batman costumes is Nolan made me believe that a man dressed up as a bat could fight crime, while Affleck reminded me how crazy it is to think in real life some guy could dress up as a bat and fight crime. Affleck and that costume took away the coolness/belief factor of Batman, and kind of made the Batman seem campy. Kind of like the Clooney Batman. Really it might take years for Batman to recover like it took years for Batman to go from the unserious Adam West to Burton Dark Knight Batman.

I know for one I am in no rush to go out and see another Batman/Superman movie. I bet mainstream agrees with me. They are tainted now and it will take time for their brand to comeback at the box office.

Time to move on to Lobo, Deathstroke and other DC characters.

53 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The difference between the Nolan and Affleck Batman costumes is Nolan made me believe that a man dressed up as a bat could fight crime, while Affleck reminded me how crazy it is to think in real life some guy could dress up as a bat and fight crime. Affleck and that costume took away the coolness/belief factor of Batman, and kind of made the Batman seem campy. Kind of like the Clooney Batman. Really it might take years for Batman to recover like it took years for Batman to go from the unserious Adam West to Burton Dark Knight Batman.

I know for one I am in no rush to go out and see another Batman/Superman movie. I bet mainstream agrees with me. They are tainted now and it will take time for their brand to comeback at the box office.

Time to move on to Lobo, Deathstroke and other DC characters.

Only a few of you on here have made the Batman suit an issue, where most see it as the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns brought to life.

So no, the general audience has not been saying this. It is the tampered-with storyline leading to last-minute changes leading to things like weak CGI and additional expense hurting Justice League.