• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men TV show from Fox
2 2

228 posts in this topic

'The Gifted': Skyler Samuels Promoted to Series Regular for Season 2

the-gifted-stepford-cuckoos-1065251-640x

Get ready to see even more from the Frost family when The Gifted returns for its second season.

According to TVLine, Skyler Samuels will not only return to The Gifted for Season 2, but the actress has been upped to series regular status. The actress has portrayed mutant Esme Frost, as well as her sisters Phoebe and Sophie, in a few episodes this season. The sisters are also known to fans as "The Stepford Cuckoos."

During the TCA winter press tour, Samuels assured TVLine that all three of her characters would be back for the second season, which was announced just last week.

"Yeah, you'll be seeing lots more of me and my sisters next season," the actress revealed.

Gifted showrunner Matt Nix also confirmed the news of the promotion at the event, in addition to praising the performances of Samuels and her two stand-ins.

“They work out everything, and the other actresses are giving real performances within a scene,” Nix said. “If Skyler shoots a look to her sister, she’s shooting a look to a person who’s acting and interacting. And they study each others’ mannerisms so if one actress raises her hand at a moment, Skyler will reproduce that action so you get a much more seamless performance — and one that doesn’t just look like they split [the video three ways].”

:whee:

57 minutes ago, Antpark said:

So I see the Season Finale is next week.

Any idea if next season going to be a full season or another short one?

Supposedly next week the episode is two hours.

Excellent episode!

Loads of mutant powers on display, major changes in direction, and even more clarity why the Hellfire Club didn't move forward as a separate show. Though I wonder how that would have gone over having two shows crossing over weekly with one another.

Looking forward to the next season.

I enjoyed the majority of it as well.

I'm really over the whiny Strucker kid though. I was hoping he might take a lick or get his handed to himself and maybe learn some humility.:preach:
No such luck though.

Actually, I hope next season they move away from focusing on the Strucker family altogether. I think it was a good way to get into the story and establish the world, but now that it is, I find them an unwelcome distraction. I know the Dad's speech (when he got the Mutants organized into fighters vs others and led the defense against the assault) was supposed to be moving, inspiring and uplifting, but I found it just . . . meh. And every time the kid opened his mouth I was hoping his Mom would grab him by the ear, powers or no powers, and tell him to get over himself, sit down and stfu. 

I liked all other aspects of the show and will be interested to see how the new dynamic plays out next season.

'The Gifted' Moves to New Day and Time for Season 2

the-gifted-season-2-1109375-640x320.jpeg

Fox’s X-Men television series The Gifted will be moving to a new night for its second season.

Fox has revealed its fall 2018 schedule ahead of this afternoon’s upfront presentation. The schedule reveals that The Gifted will air on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET ahead of the just-renewed Lethal Weapon. Fox has not revealed the series’ return date. The Gifted’s first season was broadcast on Mondays at 9 p.m. ET following Lucifer.

The Gifted creator and showrunner Matt Nix spoke to ComicBook.com following the first season's finale and how Lorna’s defection to the Hellfire Club will shape season two.

“So, going into Season Two, you know, things will have changed, and they will change for everybody, and they're all going to have to rediscover and redefine their relationship to society,” Nix said. “But then one thing I also think a lot about in Season Two is, when you think about the movies, generally speaking, they have to define, ‘There’s two sides. There's this side and there's this side.’ Well, we, for this first 13-episode run, we've already kind of explored the idea that they're not exactly on different sides, the beginnings of the Hellfire Club and the Mutant Underground. They're kind of working towards the same goals, and they're in a position where they kind of need to team up. I mean, there's not a lot else they could do.

“And then, going into take two, I like the idea of that there are all sorts of ways of dealing with this new circumstance that everybody finds themselves in, and not everybody's going to agree, and not everybody's going to choose one of the sides that we've defined on the show. Exploring those other sides too. I think it's going to be very interesting. There are going to be common enemies, people who are more aligned with one side than other. There are going to be people who are completely selfish in their motives. All of those things are going to come out in Season Two, where the situation for mutants has got considerably more complicated.”

Empire actress Grace Byers will join the cast of Fox’s The Gifted when the Marvel drama returns in the fall for its second season, Fox says. She’ll play Reeva, described by the network as “a smart, charming, authoritative, elegant, beautiful woman who is ruthless in her efforts to fight for her people.”

“She leads an elite band of followers and has a soft spot for her new recruits,” said Fox in a statement, “but is still capable of extreme violence in defense of her vision.”

Byers’ character will team up with Emma Dumont’s Polaris, Percy Hynes White’s Andy Strucker and the telekinetic Frost sisters played by Skyler Samuels.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Bosco685 said:

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Bosco685 said:

Empire actress Grace Byers will join the cast of Fox’s The Gifted when the Marvel drama returns in the fall for its second season, Fox says. She’ll play Reeva, described by the network as “a smart, charming, authoritative, elegant, beautiful woman who is ruthless in her efforts to fight for her people.”

“She leads an elite band of followers and has a soft spot for her new recruits,” said Fox in a statement, “but is still capable of extreme violence in defense of her vision.”

Byers’ character will team up with Emma Dumont’s Polaris, Percy Hynes White’s Andy Strucker and the telekinetic Frost sisters played by Skyler Samuels.

This description isn't ringing any bells. Who's this character being based off of?

48 minutes ago, Antpark said:

This description isn't ringing any bells. Who's this character being based off of?

Reeva and Marvel Comics turns up this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Reeva_Payge_(Earth-616)

And since she is listed as a member of the Hellfire Club, it would be my guess.

Edited by thunsicker

Season two starts next week on Tuesday.  The big question after this season is whether or not Marvel will cancel it since they own the property again.  I'm assuming it won't go beyond season two.

I'm rolling my eyes at all the damn melodrama three to five times an episode.  I want to see mutants fighting, not mutants spending half of the show complaining about how hard it is to be a mutant.  :slapfight:  So far the Strucker mom is doing just as much parental whining as she did last season.  :eek: