• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Good one! I had that in my bucket but forgot to post it. I know there are a lot more out there. The ones I posted were just the ones that popped out of my memory that I have in the boxes.

You know the thing I like about your collection the best? It is the sheer magnitude of the depth and diversity. :applause:

Hey Bob, outstanding thread! Thanks for pointing it out to me when we talked last Sunday at the Long Beach show. (I'm the guy who bought the Tarzan tin and the Aston Martin DB5 Corgi model car.) I have to admit I was skeptical at some of your statements. But after reading and seeing (for the most part) your posts (the visuals were/are hit and miss early on), I'm a believer! I use to think that unless you had a brick and mortar shop, the old stuff is not going to surface! You've shown that is simply not true! I'll PM or call and see if I can entice you into a tour of the archives of my 50 years of collecting, in it's many facets. Between the comics, pulps, paperbacks, magazines, good girl art, toys, premiums, art, rock and roll, under grounds, fanzines,cards, and what not..... We just may find something in common as well as mutually lucrative.

If you can align enough knot holes, indeed they might! Every tangent or vector is subject to rip tides that..... I bet you play chess as well, unless I read more into that cover theme arc, than I should. Sounds like you ride a bike. But do you own a crystal ball? I do. Can't find my hooded robe though..... To much LDS in the 60's? On Spock's advise, continue to live long and prosper, and get those babies away from me. I'm more vague than vogue. At least that what the think tank thunk. And it's not even 4:20 yet. I predict a chess game with golden age prize package. Remind me to show you my coverless stock. And all those culture vultures just keep circling!

If you can align enough knot holes, indeed they might! Every tangent or vector is subject to rip tides that..... I bet you play chess as well, unless I read more into that cover theme arc, than I should. Sounds like you ride a bike. But do you own a crystal ball? I do. Can't find my hooded robe though..... To much LDS in the 60's? On Spock's advise, continue to live long and prosper, and get those babies away from me. I'm more vague than vogue. At least that what the think tank thunk. And it's not even 4:20 yet. I predict a chess game with golden age prize package. Remind me to show you my coverless stock. And all those culture vultures just keep circling!

This has to be one of the most interesting posts I have read in a long time!

(thumbs u

OK, it's HALLOWEEN week! My favorite holiday of the year bar none. We really do it up at our house. Anybody else remember the first time your parents quit taking you around and let you go alone with your friends? EPIC! Running from house to house with some shaving cream stolen from your dad and your mom wondering where all the toilet paper went she just bought. We couldn't wait for it to get dark and we would be out until 10:00 if we could. We would take a pillow case, fill it up and sneak back to the garage to "unload" then go out again. We would only show our parents the samller second load and keep the garage "stash" a secret.

I remember there was a kid in the neighborhood whose older brother and his friends would cruise the streets in his pick-up. They had some kind of water pumper in the back and would hose the unfortunate kids who did not see them coming. We knew better and hid in the bushes as they drove by looking for "victims". Good times!

I will be showing a few Halloween items every day this week as time permits. Probably won't be any boring horror comics unless they are directly Halloween related. (That would be way too easy).

I would ask that you post stories from your childhood about fun Halloween experiences instead of a bunch of random horror comics.

1959: Devil, Bunny, Clown. 1961: Spy, Mad Scientist, Superman, Roaring 20s Era Flapper Girls. All costumes courtesy of Grandma's sewing skills. Most of the North Berkeley Hills homes have really, really long staircases. Calories expended = calories absorbed. Good times.

1959.jpg

1961.jpg

As a kid I remember looking forward with truly great anticipation to the "LIVE"

Horror Show at a downtown theatre on Halloween Night...with a Magician, lovely

assistant, various creatures roaming the darkened theatre, eerie sounds and a

Horror Movie...it was TERRIFIC!

Years later it was my honor to produce, in fond memory, a fun filled recreation of

one of those magic nights.

<a  href=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/9521727711_1f85603f0d_z.jpg' alt='9521727711_1f85603f0d_z.jpg'>IMG PHIL MYERS PRESENTS...!

mm

1959: Devil, Bunny, Clown. 1961: Spy, Mad Scientist, Superman, Roaring 20s Era Flapper Girls. All costumes courtesy of Grandma's sewing skills. Most of the North Berkeley Hills homes have really, really long staircases. Calories expended = calories absorbed. Good times.

1959.jpg

1961.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! GREAT photos!

As a kid I remember looking forward with truly great anticipation to the "LIVE"

Horror Show at a downtown theatre on Halloween Night...with a Magician, lovely

assistant, various creatures roaming the darkened theatre, eerie sounds and a

Horror Movie...it was TERRIFIC!

Years later it was my honor to produce, in fond memory, a fun filled recreation of

one of those magic nights.

<a  href=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/9521727711_1f85603f0d_z.jpg' alt='9521727711_1f85603f0d_z.jpg'>IMG PHIL MYERS PRESENTS...!

mm

Nice Marty but wouldn't admission be 10 cents in your day?