• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I picked this up at the flea market on Sunday. The black line art appears printed but it is hand colored and hand signed. Rarely see anything with this character.

madamlynxpicture_zpssshv0ibo.jpg

One of my favorite covers.

<a  href=https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8407/8709435109_04c55c3665.jpg' alt='8709435109_04c55c3665.jpg'>IMG STEVE CANYON #6

mm

I picked this up at the flea market on Sunday. The black line art appears printed but it is hand colored and hand signed. Rarely see anything with this character.

madamlynxpicture_zpssshv0ibo.jpg

One of my favorite covers.

<a  href=https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8407/8709435109_04c55c3665.jpg' alt='8709435109_04c55c3665.jpg'>IMG STEVE CANYON #6

mm

Very cool piece.

Then on Tuesday, this came in the mail. I'm not a big Terry and the Pirates fan but I have always loved this cover. I love the colors, composition and "moodiness" of this cover. Really makes you wonder what is going on. Since I probably wouldn't even read it anyway, this is a nice way for me to get this book.

comterrypiratesfc44CGC_zpsta7ezgie.jpg

Four Colors seem to be heating up a bit lately, at least judging from the number of times I get outbid -- which is nearly every time!

Then on Tuesday, this came in the mail. I'm not a big Terry and the Pirates fan but I have always loved this cover. I love the colors, composition and "moodiness" of this cover. Really makes you wonder what is going on. Since I probably wouldn't even read it anyway, this is a nice way for me to get this book.

Four Colors seem to be heating up a bit lately, at least judging from the number of times I get outbid -- which is nearly every time!

I got this VERY cheap. I guess not much love for Terry anymore...

Like the Spirit, he seems to have some very hot girl adversaries.

I got this VERY cheap. I guess not much love for Terry anymore...

Like the Spirit, he seems to have some very hot girl adversaries.

Yeah, Terry's not at the top of the hit parade these days. I just noticed the pq, which may have brought the price down. Not such a problem, of course, if you're keeping it slabbed.

I also agree with you about the cover. About as subdued a cover as you'll find for a 1940s adventure strip, but intriguing. The colors have held up nicely despite the pq.

That's weird that is appears to be the exact same illustration of her just flopped. How is the story? Does it tell her "origin"?

No detailed origin...she's a spy following STEVE CANYON looking for information.

<a  href=https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/514/32392336035_d573841c6c.jpg' alt='32392336035_d573841c6c.jpg'>IMG MADAME LYNX

mm

You gotta get up REAL early EVERY Sunday morning and move through the place quick. It doesn't hurt to make friends with certian dealers that tend to find stuff you like. But most off is just good 'ole luck. Even then, you miss stuff.

A couple of months ago a friend of mine found a Capt. America Sentinentals of Liberty membership kit for an incredible low price. Sadly he left the Capt. Battle Silver Streak Comics kit for the same price because he didn't know what it was...

I had a request to post some 1950's plastic space toys. I don't have much in my bucket and I am more of a "tin" guy but here are a few photos I have handy. Maybe if we ask him real nice, Ghastly will post some of his awsome collection here...

captvideospaceships_zpsgzcvaxzn.jpg

captvideospacemen_zpsnrvfw05r.jpg

Edited by Robot Man