• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

They made Deadpool and Logan.  Two standalone (or stand alone) movie characters that exceeded everyone's expectations.  They deserve the benefit of the doubt for that alone.

So I'm not going to worry about Channing Tatum, the huge rumored budget, or the constant delays...not yet:wishluck:.

The biggest problem with Channing Tatum might be that, at the current pace, he'll be 60 years old by the time they start filming.

23 hours ago, mattn792 said:

The biggest problem with Channing Tatum might be that, at the current pace, he'll be 60 years old by the time they start filming.

Logan had Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart...

Deadpool is a role where Ryan Reynolds terribleness suits the character, tone and story.

Channing Tatum will ruin Gambit, and the longer it takes to start filming the better.  Channing Tatum as Gambit is a DC level, Affleck as Batman, Will Smith as anyone, casting type disaster.

Hopefully withe the Disney takeover they can end this monstrosity before it starts, and find the next Hugh Jackman type actor, and cast Gambit with someone of talent worthy to play him.

Edited by CBT

18 minutes ago, CBT said:

Channing Tatum as Gambit is a DC level, Affleck as Batman, Will Smith as anyone, casting type disaster.

Oh, I fully agree that this is Ben Affleckman level lazy in terms of casting.  Tatum trying to pull off a Cajun accent...I don't see it happening, in this universe or any of the half-baked, marketing gimmick knock off universes that Axel Alonso would make up in five minutes.

Also, I'd vote Hugh Laurie over Daniel Craig for Mr. Sinister.

Edited by mattn792
Spellcheck

I was never a big Channing Tatum Gambit fan. I like him in The Eagle and Kingsman: The Golden Circle. The guy can hold down a role. But he just doesn't fit this role.

The one I wanted to see in this role originally was Taylor Kitsch, as he seemed fitting to the character. The other person I felt could pull it off is Tim Rozon from the 'Wynonna Earp' SYFY TV show. There is something about his performance on the show that seems to make me think 'Gambit' when I see him.

23 hours ago, mattn792 said:

They can both act, which is all that really matters, so either way I wouldnt mind

Regardless of accent, Channing is a.) too big/buff, b.) a terrible actor.

10 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

They made Deadpool and Logan.  Two standalone (or stand alone) movie characters that exceeded everyone's expectations.  They deserve the benefit of the doubt for that alone.

So I'm not going to worry about Channing Tatum, the huge rumored budget, or the constant delays...not yet:wishluck:.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong in this particular situation, but Tatum doesn't resemble Gambit in any way shape or form. We'll see how things turn out though.

Edited by Darkowl

9 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Oh, I fully agree that this is Ben Affleckman level lazy in terms of casting.  Tatum trying to pull off a Cajun accent...I don't see it happening, in this universe or any of the half-baked, marketing gimmick knock off universes that Axel Alonso would make up in five minutes.

I think the only thing Tatum has going for him is that he was born and raised in the south, so he should already have an advantage with pulling off the accent. I'm still skeptical though.

I don't have high hopes for there ever being a Gambit movie because I've never read a Gambit story that was movie quality.  His origin is ho hum.  His character is kind of weak.  You read some stories and thing "wow that would be a great movie" and I can't think of one Gambit story that fits that bill.  For that reason I've stayed pretty far from X-Men 266s since I just don't see it happening - but I've been wrong before.

'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Stunt Coordinator Joins Channing Tatum's 'Gambit'

Omega Underground reports that Thomas Robinson Harper, who is best known for his work on Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as well as Pacific Rim Uprising has joined Gambit as the film's stunt coordinator. Harper will join other recently announced members of the film's crew, including production designer Jess Gonchor, whom Harper worked with alongside director Gore Verbinski on The Lone Ranger, cinematographer Bojan Bazelli, and Oscar-winning costume designer Jenny Beavan.

The announcement of Harper, who has a long history on the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, joining Gambit comes following the landmark deal between Disney and 21st Century Fox. The deal, which officially sees the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool returning to Marvel and poised for integration into the MCU, had previously caused some to speculate that the Gambit project might be at risk. Though things have been moving forward on the project for the last several months, the film is slated for a Valentine's Day 2019 release, which would put it under the Disney umbrella. While Disney's acquisition of Fox might not impact Gambit itself -- though how the acquisition will ultimately play out is still anyone's guess -- any potential sequels or similar films may be up in the air.

They seem to be moving fast on this one.

This movie is cursed!

The 'Gambit' Movie Loses Director Gore Verbinski

The solo project has already faced its share of delays, but now it's lost its director. Gore Verbinski has parted ways with 20th Century Fox on the upcoming film, though Deadline is reporting that the split is an amicable one, mostly due to scheduling issues. The good news is that the change in director has not affected Channing Tatum's involvement.

The Gambit project previously had Doug Liman in the director's chair, but he exited also due to scheduling issues. That resulted in a start from scratch mentality, something Tatum has acknowledged in the past as a good thing for the project. It then brought in Gore Verbinski to take over director duties, but now it will need to find someone else to take the film to the finish line.

Channing Tatum's Gambit Movie Release Date Delayed

After losing its third director before even beginning production, 20th Century Fox's Gambit film is now scheduled for a June 2019 release. That's four months after its previous release date of Valentine's Day 2019, presumably enough time for the studio to find another director.

The film was expected to go into production in March, which now seems unlikely.