• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

I'm quite relieved to hear that Gore bailed. Good for him! I'm hoping that the project will be completely scrapped, and let's not forget why Tatum was cast to play Gambit in the first place. :whistle:

With the new Fox/Disney deal, I think it's dumb to even continue to press forward with these old projects. I also wish that Dark Phoenix would get the boot. I'm tired of the current X-Men lineup, and the amount of stupidity that's been injected into these films. Now that Hugh Jackman is gone, I just don't care about them. It's time for the Disney era of X-Men!

Edited by Darkowl

After A Series of Setbacks, GAMBIT Has Now Fallen Off Of Fox’s Production Slate!

According to our friends at Omega Underground, Fox has officially pulled Gambit from its March production start.

Complicating matters further is the fact that Disney is in the process of purchasing Fox. We’ve got sources in the Fox camp telling us that Disney is already getting involved with the studio’s films, despite the purchase not going into full effect for quite some time. With Disney owning Marvel Studios, and with Marvel honcho Kevin Feige reportedly high on the idea of rebooting the X-Men property within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, you’d have to assume that the longer it takes to get Gambit going the higher the likelihood that the new bosses will just axe it entirely.

In the past, Tatum and producer Simon Kinberg have described Gambit as a sexy heist thriller based on the ever-popular mutant. Someone really needs to tell Tatum to get his Logan Lucky director Steven Soderbergh to take the reins on this one, because we would watch the heck out of the that!

I'm kind of glad this is getting some time for further review. As much as I have seen good performances from Channing Tatum, I just cannot see him as Gambit.

:facepalm:

Here's my solution to this mess.  Make a movie that will bring in the Weapon X members into the MCU...Wolverine, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Sauron.  Then sprinkle in Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, AND Gambit.

After it makes 10 billion dollars spin Gambit and Sauron into their own solo movies.  Gambit will be a heist movie and Sauron will be a Savage Land (a.ka. Jurassic Park) movie.  BAM!!!  Another 4 billion dollars!

3 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

:facepalm:

Here's my solution to this mess.  Make a movie that will bring in the Weapon X members into the MCU...Wolverine, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Sauron.  Then sprinkle in Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, AND Gambit.

After it makes 10 billion dollars spin Gambit and Sauron into their own solo movies.  Gambit will be a heist movie and Sauron will be a Savage Land (a.ka. Jurassic Park) movie.  BAM!!!  Another 4 billion dollars!

What, the masterpiece that was "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" didn't do the trick for you?  :roflmao:

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

After A Series of Setbacks, GAMBIT Has Now Fallen Off Of Fox’s Production Slate!

I'm kind of glad this is getting some time for further review. As much as I have seen good performances from Channing Tatum, I just cannot see him as Gambit.

Agreed. Tatum doesn't get me excited about this movie...which is a shame, because Gambit is a cool character.

3 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I have just never given a :censored: about Gambit. All these years later, I still don't get the appeal. What an annoying character. At least Deadpool's smart mouth is funny.

As I've stated in previous posts X-Men 266, along with What If: Wolverine vs Conan, were the books that got me hooked on comics.  So Gambit holds a special place in my rankings of favorite characters.

So in his defense:

- Member of the Thieve's Guild (that's a portion of the Marvel Universe that has lots of potential)

- Not boring like Scott Summers and not as gay as Ice Man (lol play on words)...he's cool...what girls want and what guys want to be

- He took on Wolverine and won (has he lost any fights???)

- His powers can reach omega level

- There isn't a DC version of his character (one of the more unique characters in general)

I want this movie:sumo:!

16 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Probably the time to buy now.  Is the movie pretty much off the table now?

I bet its being re-worked with Samuel L. Jackson in the role of Gambit.  I base this solely upon Samuel L. Jackson appearing in every movie, ever.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Just read the aforementioned article that seems as if it was published on January 29, 2018. 

14 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah, he needs to go away. 

WutO.o.  I love every movie he's in.

Django and Pulp Fiction...every disturbing moments were fantastic(thumbsu.

Black Snake Moan and Snakes On A Plane...good way to waste a few hours on the couch:popcorn:.

Nick Fury...he is perfect for the role (nobody's complaining about him being a black guy anymore):applause:.

***Jennifer Lawrence...she needs to go away:sick:

24 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Couldn't disagree more, I've always thought he was a terrible casting choice and completely sucks as Nick Fury.

:cry:

Can we both agree that Jennifer Lawrence sucks as Mystiquelol?

On topic...I'm not giving up on Gambit.  Having a solo movie might have been a bit much but if he shows up in the MCU and fans go :banana: then there's still hope.

***I got 4 copies of X-Men 266 CGC 9.8 that is collecting dust:bigsmile:

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
I not smart