• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

Definitely. I only had a half dozen copies but hit a 9.8 and a couple of 9.6s with my first few subs. The others sold for $200 - $250 as raw copies at spring shows.

Definitely. I only had a half dozen copies but hit a 9.8 and a couple of 9.6s with my first few subs. The others sold for $200 - $250 as raw copies at spring shows.
Thats good numbers for raw copies. (thumbs u

Thats good numbers for raw copies. (thumbs u

I know. I was planning on sending the books to CGC but figured I would put them up at high prices to see if I could save the time and hassle of getting them graded. The funny thing is, the $250 copy sold but my slabbed 9.6 at the same price did not at that show.

Simon Kinberg Confirms New Gambit Shooting Start Date

Recently Writer and Producer Simon Kinberg alleviated those fears in some comments he made to That Hashtag Show. First he was asked about the upcoming X-Men universe slate.

“Uh, we’re figuring that out now. The first thing up, we’re shooting the Wolverine movie right now and we start shooting Deadpool 2 at the beginning of next year, then I sit down and start writing the next one of the mainline X-Men movies real soon.”

He was then asked about the status of Gambit, which according to Kinberg isn't as far away from filming as some previously thought.

“We have a great -script on that and hope to shoot that movie at the beginning of spring of next year.”

Gambit Movie Delays Explained By Producer Simon Kinberg

“I think the truth is when you have these movies that need a very special and unique tone, it takes a little while to find that tone,” Kinberg tells Slashfilm. “Deadpool feels like it exploded out of nowhere, but it was a 10-year development process on that movie. I think it was honed over those 10 years.

“I hope that Gambit doesn’t take 10 years, but it takes a little honing to get that tone and that voice exactly right,” Kinberg continued. “The character has such a specific voice in the comic in the same way that Deadpool has a specific voice in the comic, that we want to make sure that we capture that voice on the page. Really it’s just about getting a screenplay that is worthy of that character, and I think we’re really close right now.”

Would I be a heretic if I said I didn't think Tyler Kitsch's portrayal of Gambit was that bad?

His accent needed work but the attitude & demeanor were spot-on, esp. in an otherwise- movie. The _only_ things that film got right were Gambit & Sabretooth.

Would I be a heretic if I said I didn't think Tyler Kitsch's portrayal of Gambit was that bad?

His accent needed work but the attitude & demeanor were spot-on, esp. in an otherwise- movie. The _only_ things that film got right were Gambit & Sabretooth.

:o

Now you have gone too far!

:baiting:

I thought taylor kitch was fine as gambit, accent wasn't great, but I thought the 'feel' was fine, and the issues (oh were there issues) were not his fault. But to be honest, I think most American actors aren't quite so good with accents, so to find one with the athleticism to play gambit plus the ability to do a relatively rare American accent, probably should involve an Australian...maybe a british person, as they typically have more classical training w/accents and are more trainable to do accents.

does any one have faith chaning tatum's ability to do a full French-Cajun accent? I'm not saying he can't, but I'd have a lot more faith in a younger version of Christian Bale or Daniel Day Lewis or the dude from House

Edited by Revat

a) I forgot Ryan Reynolds was in this movie.

_Awesome_ intro to Wade when he singlehandedly takes out the bodyguards with his swords and then is like. "Okay! You can come in. People are dead!"

b) Channing Tatum's from Alabama. I'm fairly certain he could do a decent accent.

Also, he's been learning Creole French specifically for this role for at least the past year.

And down goes another one. But for all the right reasons since he has moved on to Justice League Dark!

:whee:

Gambit Movie Reportedly Loses Its Director

We recently reported that Director Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Edge of Tomorrow) was officially brought on board DC and Warner Bros. upcoming Dark Universe, also known as the theatrical version of Justice League Dark.

That left fans wondering about his other much talked about but oft-delayed project Gambit, but sources close to the movie are telling THR that Liman is no longer attached to the project, in what is being described as a "mutual parting of ways."

And down goes another one. But for all the right reasons since he has moved on to Justice League Dark!

We recently reported that Director Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Edge of Tomorrow) was officially brought on board DC and Warner Bros. upcoming Dark Universe, also known as the theatrical version of Justice League Dark.

That left fans wondering about his other much talked about but oft-delayed project Gambit, but sources close to the movie are telling THR that Liman is no longer attached to the project, in what is being described as a "mutual parting of ways."

Too bad. A Gambit movie should be fun.

That being said, nice poach by WB.

Too bad. A Gambit movie should be fun.

That being said, nice poach by WB.

I want to see a Justice League Dark movie more than a Gambit movie OR Zack Snyder's Justice League.

So Wolverine elbows him and knocks him out. 60 seconds later he's jumping off the roof...hmmmm