• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

No but doing it anyway :P

I got mine singed and slabbed, so I am even worse. :P

Who singed it, and what color torch did they use?

Stan Lee used the Swedish Army Optimus Blow Torch on my Amazing Fantasy 15 a few years back. It came out okay.

KBskvDd.png

:baiting:

If anyone would serve best in the role of Gambit, I think the actor from WYNONNA EARP that plays Doc Holiday could be a good fit (Tim Rozon).

Doc_Holliday.jpg

Wouldn't even realize it is the same actor. And he collects comics!

I think I'm going to change the title:

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016) ...GOTTA GET X-MEN ANNUAL 14 and not X-MEN 266

I just finished reading one of the articles (Doug Sulipa) in the Overstreet Guide regarding the first FULL APPEARANCE of Gambit and clearly it's X-Men Annual #14. Even ComicLink.com claims this fact...see link below:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%2Easp%3FclassCodeSelected%3DUpcoming%2BAuctions%26classDateSelected%3D2016-06-09%26dateCodeSelected%3D2016may%26dateDateSelected%3D2016-05-12%26IDUser%3D34986%26auctionSearch%3Dclass%26AuctionDateSearch%3D2016may%252C2016-05-12&id=1094052

I searched the net and read the 5 pages that Gambit was on and I'm now convinced that this is the book to buy ...this is still undervalued. Now what am I to do with my X-Men 266's ?

Edited by The_investor

I think I'm going to change the title:

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016) ...GOTTA GET X-MEN ANNUAL 14 and not X-MEN 266

I just finished reading one of the articles (Doug Sulipa) in the Overstreet Guide regarding the first FULL APPEARANCE of Gambit and clearly it's X-Men Annual #14. Even ComicLink.com claims this fact...see link below:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%2Easp%3FclassCodeSelected%3DUpcoming%2BAuctions%26classDateSelected%3D2016-06-09%26dateCodeSelected%3D2016may%26dateDateSelected%3D2016-05-12%26IDUser%3D34986%26auctionSearch%3Dclass%26AuctionDateSearch%3D2016may%252C2016-05-12&id=1094052

I searched the net and read the 5 pages that Gambit was on and I'm now convinced that this is the book to buy ...this is still undervalued. Now what am I to do with my X-Men 266's ?

:whistle:

Have you read this thread yet?

X-Men Annual #14 - Proof of Gambit's 1st published appearance within

The book can still fetch good money on an auction, its a beautiful cover and still widely favored as his first appearance. It'll take time for people to realize the facts and even then they might not accept it. I'll keep one copy of X-Men 266 and auction the other copies to buy several X-Men annual 14's. Lets hope this ends up being a smart move. Time will tell.

Been travelling a great deal and I haven't read the thread you posted...it confirms all that I've researched.

X- Men annual 14 is his first Full Appearance. I'll change the title to the thread soon.

Thanks Illustrious for the link

Edited by The_investor

First full appearances, with splashy announcements on the cover along with the character being formally introduced will always be (much) more favoured by collectors than a meaningless cameo. Sorry.

(And please don't dredge up Jimmy Olsen 134, both that and Forever People 1 suck as the "first appearance" of that character lol ).

-J.

First full appearances, with splashy announcements on the cover along with the character being formally introduced will always be (much) more favoured by collectors than a meaningless cameo. Sorry.

(And please don't dredge up Jimmy Olsen 134, both that and Forever People 1 suck as the "first appearance" of that character lol ).

-J.

Agreed. 266 will always be the book to have.

I think it will be the book to sell

image_zps1vlsuiyf.jpeg

How many are 9.8 quality? There has been a recent spike in 9.8 prices.

I'm gonna find out eventually as they've all just been pressed and will be heading to Cgc. There could be a one or two that hit the 9.8 mark. Majority will come back 9.0. - 9.4. Some a bit lower and some higher. They are all worth grading I think.