• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #1 deadpool variant J Scott Campbell Prelim

18 posts in this topic

Considering the comic is like 3 grand in 9.8 (simply because of the cover) I'd say it has a shot at low 4 figures. Kind of silly for such a tiny prelim, but people go nuts for that book.

I think this is one peice that will sell better over the web than in-hand because it's so small.

It is a pretty tight prelim.

I'd ballpark you get $400-$600 for it on ebay. But that's a shot in the dark. you never know with prelims and crazy collectors.

I'da said double that at least.

I think this is one peice that will sell better over the web than in-hand because it's so small.

It is a pretty tight prelim.

I'd ballpark you get $400-$600 for it on ebay. But that's a shot in the dark. you never know with prelims and crazy collectors.

I'da said double that at least.

I would agree if the prelim was at least 8x11, but it's so tiny....

Do the pencil and ink pages exists for this? If final pencils were on one page & inks on another (so that this prelim is 1/3 of the OA, so to speak) it's value may be diminished. If the final cover is inks over pencils I'd guess the other estimates are on par. If the prelim was scanned & digitally inked so that this is the only true OA (unlikely, but it happens) then the price jumps in scale.

It's a cool piece, but pretty small. As much as I love prelims and think many are undervalued, >$1000 seems a lot to me for this one.

Considering the comic is like 3 grand in 9.8 (simply because of the cover) I'd say it has a shot at low 4 figures. Kind of silly for such a tiny prelim, but people go nuts for that book.

Yeah that's what I was going for

While one would think logically, this book is worth x slabbed so the art must be worth z... It doesn't always work out like that. There are many other factors that go into original art that may increase or decrease the value of said page.

Yeah that's what I was going for

While one would think logically, this book is worth x slabbed so the art must be worth z... It doesn't always work out like that. There are many other factors that go into original art that may increase or decrease the value of said page.

I realize that and took it into consideration when I posted. This specific cover has a loyal following...so much so that it has it's own thread in the Modern forum.

I have no dog in this fight and am not really a fan of the image, but I'd set the over/under at $800 and take the over.

OP, put this thing up on eBay for my entertainment, please.