Wolverine #1 deadpool variant J Scott Campbell Prelim
1 1

18 posts in this topic

459 posts

Hey guys just wondering what you think this is worth

Wolvie_Deadpool001_1.jpg

upload images free

I acquired it the other day, it measures 6x3, I got it for a pretty good price but just checking ;)

Edited by thatcomicbookguy

3,150 posts

I know it's the obvious answer, but it's worth whatever you paid for it until you attempt to sell it and it brings in more or less than what you paid.

2,220 posts

I think this is one peice that will sell better over the web than in-hand because it's so small.

It is a pretty tight prelim.

I'd ballpark you get $400-$600 for it on ebay. But that's a shot in the dark. you never know with prelims and crazy collectors.

3,618 posts

J. Scott Campbell is popular

Deadpool is popular.

Preliminary pieces vary in price. They can become more valuable if you can cite where the final piece was used.

I'd say a few hundred dollars.

4,796 posts

Considering the comic is like 3 grand in 9.8 (simply because of the cover) I'd say it has a shot at low 4 figures. Kind of silly for such a tiny prelim, but people go nuts for that book.

19,359 posts
I think this is one peice that will sell better over the web than in-hand because it's so small.

I'd ballpark you get $400-$600 for it on ebay. But that's a shot in the dark. you never know with prelims and crazy collectors.

I'da said double that at least.

459 posts

Oh i still have it ;) I just got it haha. I'm just curious as to what its worth as its one of the first few pieces of comic art I own. Don't know diddly squat about it to be honest.

459 posts
Considering the comic is like 3 grand in 9.8 (simply because of the cover) I'd say it has a shot at low 4 figures. Kind of silly for such a tiny prelim, but people go nuts for that book.

Yeah that's what I was going for

2,220 posts

I'da said double that at least.

I would agree if the prelim was at least 8x11, but it's so tiny....

1,791 posts

Do the pencil and ink pages exists for this? If final pencils were on one page & inks on another (so that this prelim is 1/3 of the OA, so to speak) it's value may be diminished. If the final cover is inks over pencils I'd guess the other estimates are on par. If the prelim was scanned & digitally inked so that this is the only true OA (unlikely, but it happens) then the price jumps in scale.

It's a cool piece, but pretty small. As much as I love prelims and think many are undervalued, >$1000 seems a lot to me for this one.

Edited by Hekla

548 posts

While one would think logically, this book is worth x slabbed so the art must be worth z... It doesn't always work out like that. There are many other factors that go into original art that may increase or decrease the value of said page.

4,796 posts

While one would think logically, this book is worth x slabbed so the art must be worth z... It doesn't always work out like that. There are many other factors that go into original art that may increase or decrease the value of said page.

I realize that and took it into consideration when I posted. This specific cover has a loyal following...so much so that it has it's own thread in the Modern forum.

I have no dog in this fight and am not really a fan of the image, but I'd set the over/under at $800 and take the over.

OP, put this thing up on eBay for my entertainment, please.

1,032 posts

ebay it with a 2k reserve and lets see what the market says. i go with the 400 estimate.

12,460 posts

I would also say $400-$600 but I am not a JSC guy.

7,237 posts
ebay it with a 2k reserve and lets see what the market says. i go with the 400 estimate.

it'll hit $1950 easily with that known reserve

4,308 posts

if there is a reserve that is not met, any value it gets bid up to is meaningless.

Malvin