• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd, unusual & funny panels thread
6 6

274 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I get that completely. I thought about this for some time before I posted because I have read all the EC stories before and I also have a strong understanding of PCH, it is after all my favourite genre. Yes EC were for the most part better written than most of the competitors of the time, but they were also extremely formulaic as well.

JC wrote his own stories as well as illustrating them rather than the usual scripted Feldstein efforts. I always loved the quirkiness of Craig's style, but it does have faults. A better interpretation of being 'lost in thoughts' might have been the protagonist's character not moving but the background characters having some sort of slight movement in my opinion.

To show all the characters with absolutely no movement is kind of patronising to the reader, and frankly, rather lazy. 2c 

Agree! There are many examples of the “lost in thought” non moving main character. But always the background objects and people move. This only enhances the stillness of the main character. Perhaps Craig copied the other panels with the intent of altering the background but due to time constraints, either forgot or abandoned the attempt. (shrug)

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Paul,you have the count in your sigline!Awesome!

Edit,damn,I hope it's Paul,been a while since we pm'd and my mind is a sieve.

Yeah Jim, it's still me. :smile:

10 minutes ago, G G ® said:
13 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Paul,you have the count in your sigline!Awesome!

Edit,damn,I hope it's Paul,been a while since we pm'd and my mind is a sieve.

Yeah Jim, it's still me. :smile:

"Vot! Who is zis GeeGee of ze Horses masquerading as ze Count? I am thinking zat ze GeeGee hath no understanding of ze Count else he vould haff ended his commentations with ze customary 'Ah, ha, ha, ha, hah!'   Ah, ha, ha, ha, hah!countvoncount.gif.aa0e5ec1f69f1a205e2b4735081293af.gif

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

A relief!I don't know if it's old age or what,but mate,I blank and or second guess myself so much lately!

I get that too Jim. Don't worry, we're clocking the miles up now...it's allowed. 

I'm just posting HOM #1 in the GRR, and I came across this page...

'getting an erector is like having your own toy factory'....

:blush:

As this ad was aimed at teen boys, this can't have been an accident surely?

28.jpg