• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your collecting goals for 2015?

71 posts in this topic

If all goes well, my main goals for 2015 are already achieved ! This means no more buying :( and no more selling :) for the year. Will know for sure in 2 weeks.

I should be practically retired from the hobby this year !

If all goes well, my main goals for 2015 are already achieved ! This means no more buying \:\( and no more selling \:\) for the year. Will know for sure in 2 weeks.

I should be practically retired from the hobby this year !

"Just one last fix!"

All addicts say that.

I've had pretty good success following the advice of the forum so far, so I'm going to keep on keepin' on.

1) Focus on what I'm interested in and what floats my boat.

2) Don't buy art just for the sake of buying art, but don't pass up a good opportunity if it comes either. What did John Wooden say? Be quick, but never hurry, something like that.

3) And have fun with it.

Specific art?

-- Some more Paul Ryan FF might be cool.

-- And I'm hunting for some LaRocque era Wally West Flash art to hit that nostalgic bit too.

All the rest we'll play by ear.

If I'm done with 2015 today, I can say it was a successful year. I just added one of the most significant and memorable pages of what I believe is the best comic book ever created to my collection.

In my opinion, there aren't too many pieces in the world that could top this one:

Cerebus Issue 66, Page 4

Oh yes !!! Imho, not only the best page of the whole saga, but one of the best comics pages ever ! Absolutely unforgettable.

:applause:

overall I went overboard in 2014

"Overboard" is a good way to describe my 2014 as well. Everything was going as planned for the first 7-8 months of the year - I picked up some great, very meaningful pieces and still had managed to cut my OA spending by about 3/4ths from 2013. I'm still not sure what happened at that point, though - long story short, I ended up quietly going on a total bender over the past few months. :doh:

As such, I don't really have specific acquisition goals for 2015 at this point. If pieces that really resonate with me turn up, I'm going to go after them. But, otherwise, my intention is to be more disciplined with my spending this year, especially after losing a bit of focus during the last few months of 2014.

To summarize --- Gene's going to attempt to stay focused, fail miserably at some point this year and buy a lot of art. (thumbs u :news: Go get 'em bro.

I'd like to pick up a Tim Sale piece and a B. Sienkiewicz piece, having failed epically over the past few years and with prices escalating hm hard to say. Ditto on the desire and failure for a Gil Kane, so we shall see.

I think that my current desire to spend 5-10K based on what you are able to attain for 5-10K is really not generating a positive motivational environment right now.

Wonder if I will snap out of it :juggle:

overall I went overboard in 2014

"Overboard" is a good way to describe my 2014 as well. Everything was going as planned for the first 7-8 months of the year - I picked up some great, very meaningful pieces and still had managed to cut my OA spending by about 3/4ths from 2013. I'm still not sure what happened at that point, though - long story short, I ended up quietly going on a total bender over the past few months. :doh:

As such, I don't really have specific acquisition goals for 2015 at this point. If pieces that really resonate with me turn up, I'm going to go after them. But, otherwise, my intention is to be more disciplined with my spending this year, especially after losing a bit of focus during the last few months of 2014.

To summarize --- Gene's going to attempt to stay focused, fail miserably at some point this year and buy a lot of art. (thumbs u :news: Go get 'em bro.

(: