• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #5 CLUB : THE DOOM SOCIETY
10 10

220 posts in this topic

Posted this over in CG, but thought it may get some love here as well.

Surprise pick up from the LCS this weekend. I'd gone to the shop for a 50 cent sale, had already paid and was heading out the door when I saw this one up on the wall. Covers are split and detached, but the book is otherwise complete and was still a bargain.

Now: keep it in a mylar? Worthing slabbing? Thoughts?

Photo Nov 17, 12 20 41 PM.jpg

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Surprise pick up from the LCS this weekend. I'd gone to the shop for a 50 cent sale, had already paid and was heading out the door when I saw this one up on the wall. Covers are split and detached, but the book is otherwise complete and was still a bargain.

Photo Nov 17, 12 20 41 PM.jpg

Slab or not to slab is a personal preference, but congrats...the money shot of doom has deep colors.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

What are your plans for it? If you are thinking of selling, then slab it. If you ware going to hold it for a while, then keep it in mylar and tuck it away.

Thanks guys! I have no intention of selling at this point, but you never know what direction my interests will go over time. I can be a little adhd in my collecting "focus"! I've never slabbed a book with a detached/split cover like that, I'm assuming it can still get a blue label? But given the condition I'm assuming it'd only hit 1.0 to 1.5 anyway. Since the cover was completely detached/split, I wasn't sure how CGC's handling of the book might affect it further, and if indeed it may be "safer" in a mylar. 

At any rate, thanks for your time! It's a beater, but I love that cover image!