• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus the Aardvark #1 Club
3 3

98 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, ned said:

I've had this for a while and recently decided to crack it open, press it, and see if I could get an 8.5 out of it. Well, $100 later it's the same 8.0 grade. CGC did note that Deni also signed on the label too.

20210219_202507.jpg

8.5 or not, that is a gorgeous book.

And I actually think it's really cool that Deni signed it, too. That is definitely a snapshot of a very particular point in time.

Thanks for posting this!

17 hours ago, ned said:

I've had this for a while and recently decided to crack it open, press it, and see if I could get an 8.5 out of it. Well, $100 later it's the same 8.0 grade. CGC did note that Deni also signed on the label too.

20210219_202507.jpg

Well, looks like that top left corner of the book would have kept it out of 8.5 territory, regardless of whether the book got pressed or not.  :gossip:

Actually, as far as I can tell, your copy appears to have a lot less of the color breaking tick marks on the spine that most other Cerbus 1 have.  (thumbsu

20 hours ago, ned said:

20210219_202507.jpg

In terms of defects, this presents spectacularly for the grade...I always think its a big plus when the issues are localized as opposed to general.

On 1/24/2015 at 10:52 AM, TXReplicant said:

Do you guys wake up on Saturday, make a cup of coffee, and sit and admire your Cerebus 1?

Disregard the wife's handbags.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r672/TXReplicant/IMG_20150124_104633874_HDR_zpsgpzhkay5.jpg

How did you know?!

4 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Amazing that all the increases in price haven't drawn out more copies recently...It is so hard to keep up with prices in this market, fear of leaving too much money on the table might be keeping people away.

I know, I think whoever lists their next copy, its going to push the price even higher...  It's nearing 1k a point if not higher.  Seems like most of the books have disappeared  into private collections.  2000 copies is nothing..

On 3/26/2021 at 7:01 AM, Wolverinex said:
On 3/26/2021 at 6:09 AM, whetteon said:

Sold My Cerebus #1 Counterfeit in 9.2 to a guy in Thailand for $900. Good book but I'm not sorry to see it go. I love my original just fine.

Wow!  There are Cerebus fans abroad?  

On 3/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, whetteon said:

Absolutely.

On the other hand, with the variant market being so very hot right now, maybe the counterfeits are just being viewed as another possible variant.  hm  (thumbsu

On 8/20/2021 at 3:50 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

I am looking to sell my Cerebus 1 CGC 8.0 white pages what is the current market value on this book?

Not sure but I'd love to have it, so cash poor itd have to be trade lol

@Wolverinex