• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Liked it. But Thanos still looks kind of cartoony more than a well-developed CGI character stepping out on the screen when he exits the cloud. Guardians 1 did him the best, for me.

Yeah, doesn't quite look finished. Hopefully they'll firm it up before the flick hits.

I thought it was a fun trailer, but it didn't give me goosebumps or anything.

Love love loved it. Can't get enough of the multiple hero shots charging into battle. 

I also really dig Thanos' dialogue. Sounds exactly like stuff he'd say. 

Now I need to freeze frame things so I can see what Proxima Midnight looks like and if Cull Obsidian is in that huge Wakanda field battle. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

The trailer was good, but I was disappointed with Thanos. He looks like one of the Orcs from World of Warcraft shoved in a tight leather Thor suit. Kind of a let down as he looks more like an average villain than a huge threat. His outfit looks like something you would expect the characters to be in for 50 Shades of Gray..........

Edited by kimik

Proxima Midnight looks cool. 

Two of Thanos' children (Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight) are taking the mind gem from Vision.

Cull Obsidian isn't in the Wakandan field.

More as I dissect further. Lol. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Couple of thing the trailer seemes to confirm.

1. Loki took the tesseract in Thor 3

2. Vison does have a stone.

3. Wakanda does seem to have the last stone or why else would there be a full battle taking place there.

10 minutes ago, drotto said:

Couple of thing the trailer seemes to confirm.

1. Loki took the tesseract in Thor 3

2. Vison does have a stone.

3. Wakanda does seem to have the last stone or why else would there be a full battle taking place there.

#2 was known for a while but otherwise you're spot on. Cull Obsidian is leading the alien forces against Wakanda. No way would they have Hulkbuster and Hulk there defending unless it was the strongest of Thanos' kids going after the soul stone.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Just now, Chicago Boy said:

Spidey Sense Tingling was awesome !  Thanos looked too fake--reminded me of Steppenwolf from bad JL movie

Yeah, looks...gummy, or something. Like I said before, hopefully they'll firm that up before the movie hits.

Widow with blonde hair looks like Toni Collette. I just can't shake it.

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Spidey Sense Tingling was awesome !  Thanos looked too fake--reminded me of Steppenwolf from bad JL movie

I don't get the comments about this. I thought he looked perfect, especially in HD on a big screen. Nowhere near the quality of Steppenwolf. Especially in the scene where he arrives on the battle planet and looks around. The subtle movements in his face and eyes look great. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

18 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Cull Obsidian is leading the alien forces against Wakanda. No way would they have Hulkbuster and Hulk there defending unless it was the strongest of Thanos' kids going after the soul stone.

Black Dwarf...1:55.  The Falcon is flying into the battle scene and you can see the giant monster in the middle fighting.

This is not intended as a slight just an observation about some possible irony.  The Justice League did many of its trailers to make the movie seem brighter, lighter, and included multiple quips especially in the final marketing push. They were going for a more "Marvel" feel.  We get the first Infinity War trailer and there is one kinda joke at the end.  The rest of the trailer was got to be more tense, ominous , and kinda dark (at least darker than I have seen for Marvel before). It was certainly lighter (yes still felt very Marvel) looking than BvS but to me gave a darker mood than JL.

17 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, looks...gummy, or something. Like I said before, hopefully they'll firm that up before the movie hits.

Widow with blonde hair looks like Toni Collette. I just can't shake it.

Hopefully he will get tweaked.  Thanos looked OK, not great.

Was that War Machine I saw back in action?