• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Black Dwarf...1:55.  The Falcon is flying into the battle scene and you can see the giant monster in the middle fighting.

That looks like the Hulkbuster to me.

Also, these names are damn confusing. Isn't Black Dwarf now Cull Obsidian? 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

6 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

That looks like the Hulkbuster to me.

Also, these names are damn confusing. Isn't Black Dwarf now Cull Obsidian? 

Now that you mention it I think you're right.  It is  the Hulk Buster(thumbsu.

They're both the same.  I don't know why they changed it.  I'm going with the comic (Black Dwarf) until it becomes official from a movie clip (plus I like that name betterlol).  But he's been the rumored general to take on Wakanda for some time now.

Did they picture multiple deaths in the trailer?

1. Vision getting the stone removed, will that kill him?

2. To my holding a hand.  I know it has been heavily rumored, but from a story standpoint Steve is the only one that would make sense and have that much emotional resonance with Tony.

12 minutes ago, drotto said:

2. To my holding a hand.  I know it has been heavily rumored, but from a story standpoint Steve is the only one that would make sense and have that much emotional resonance with Tony.

I'd be shocked if they killed vision.  I think the old guard guys are in the danger zone, but the "New Avengers" I think will make it A-OK.  I think they are planning on all those new characters carrying the franchise after Avengers 4.

50 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I don't get the comments about this. I thought he looked perfect, especially in HD on a big screen. Nowhere near the quality of Steppenwolf. Especially in the scene where he arrives on the battle planet and looks around. The subtle movements in his face and eyes look great. 

It is exactly that scene where he steps out from the cloud and looks around. Didn't look as polished as when he appears in Guardians and is interacting with Nebula and Ronin.

This may be an early cut, as I am sure they will go for the same realistic features as portrayed by Gunn.

31 minutes ago, drotto said:

The stone gave him life. I think it will "deactivate" him but then Witch will use her powers to animate him again. 

Tony is holding Peter's hand. This scene jives with the one from the leaked SDCC footage where Peter is on his back apologizing to Tony after Thanos smashes him to the ground. 

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, doesn't quite look finished. Hopefully they'll firm it up before the flick hits.

I thought it was a fun trailer, but it didn't give me goosebumps or anything.

I agree.  This trailer was ho-hum for me.  I have no doubt the movie will deliver, but this wasn't a very good trailer.

If that was Thanos' voice, it was very underwhelming and not at all what I would expect.  And hopefully the CGI is still being worked on, because Thanos didn't look very good either.  Fix the voice, fix the CGI and it might have been a better trailer.

That certainly was a vanilla trailer especially with all the waiting and hype.  Nothing overly bad about it but I'm not more hyped about the flick after seeing it.

39 minutes ago, rjrjr said:

If that was Thanos' voice, it was very underwhelming and not at all what I would expect.  And hopefully the CGI is still being worked on, because Thanos didn't look very good either.  Fix the voice, fix the CGI and it might have been a better trailer.

I don't get it. I thought the voice and look were perfect. What specifically would you improve about each thing? 

I thought Thanos looked good, and the trailer was excellent! Got little glimpses of characters and pairings but very little about the movie... which is exactly what I wanted.  As someone said before, hopefully they follow the same path they've taken with the Star Wars trailers and based on this first teaser, looks like they're on that path.

Love seeing the Spider-Sense!  It's now one of the very few ACTUAL "super powers" in the MCU... when you think about it.    Other  than some characters with enhanced strength, how many actual other abilities are there that don't come from a character's costume or accessory?  It's a small list.

57 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I don't get it. I thought the voice and look were perfect. What specifically would you improve about each thing? 

Thanos' color is wrong in the trailer.  Thanos has a square jaw and high cheek bones, not a round jaw and low cheek bones.  We've never seen Thanos drawn with eye's that look human, they are always set back and glowing menacingly.  The trailer makes Thanos look like an overweight football player in the face, not a chiseled, menacing alien like he appears in the comic.

As for the voice, this is Thanos, arguably one of the most powerful beings in the universe.  I always imagined him with a deep, menacing voice, not just an average voice you'd hear everyday.  When Thanos spoke in the trailer, did it stand out to you?

Again, I know this is nitpicky to some and I already said I have no doubt the movie will do well.  But like Ultron, I just feel Marvel is losing some of the distinguishing visuals that makes Thanos unique.  For Ultron, it was the mouth that crackles with energy in the comic and with Thanos it is his face.  Look at the picture of Thanos with the glove versus what was in the trailer.

thanos-header.jpg

thanos1.jpg

thanos2.jpg

thanos3.png

This Sideshow maquette does a very good job of portraying what a movie Thanos should look like:

thanos4.jpg.512e5a27210c1c62f9d167dbea6c793c.jpg

Edited by rjrjr

25 minutes ago, rjrjr said:

Thanos' color is wrong in the trailer.  Thanos has a square jaw and high cheek bones, not a round jaw and low cheek bones.  We've never seen Thanos drawn with eye's that look human, they are always set back and glowing menacingly.  The trailer makes Thanos look like an overweight football player in the face, not a chiseled, menacing alien like he appears in the comic.

As for the voice, this is Thanos, arguably one of the most powerful beings in the universe.  I always imagined him with a deep, menacing voice, not just an average voice you'd hear everyday.  When Thanos spoke in the trailer, did it stand out to you?

Again, I know this is nitpicky to some and I already said I have no doubt the movie will do well.  But like Ultron, I just feel Marvel is losing some of the distinguishing visuals that makes Thanos unique.  For Ultron, it was the mouth that crackles with energy in the comic and with Thanos it is his face.  Look at the picture of Thanos with the glove versus what was in the trailer.

thanos-header.jpg

thanos1.jpg

thanos2.jpg

thanos3.png

This Sideshow maquette does a very good job of portraying what a movie Thanos should look like:

thanos4.jpg.512e5a27210c1c62f9d167dbea6c793c.jpg

Agree 100% with this. The Thanos in the trailer looks like the product of stuffing Marcelus into the gimp costume and spraying him with light purple make-up in Pulp Fiction. lol

Edited by kimik