• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The big three are very expensive now.

Iron Man,Captain America and Thor.

How can they replace them?

There were no more Iron Man films planned so it’s just his place in the Avengers movies anyway but War Machine would work.

Winter Soldier will become the new Cap.

Thor’s more interesting to replace but Beta Ray Bill could since he’s still in the works.

They have a lot of characters now in movies (noticed Dr. Strange 2 is still unannounced despite its stellar box office) with more still coming. Pretty crowded universe that needs thinning to do the planned 3 movies a year that now includes Sony’s Spider-Man movies.

Also like James Bond, Batman, Superman, etc... they can replace any actor. Difficult in some cases yes, but the current Superman actor isn’t suffering to badly from critics (as for his acting, look. Not the scripts. lol )

Edited by N e r V

Most the big characters will die in the war.  The Marvel universe reboots/rebirths just like the Silver Age, with newly acquired Fantastic Four and X-men with some mainstays (like the current Spider-man).  Older Marvel Cinematic characters make guest appearances as needed (or available/affordable).   Just like the Golden Age heroes did in the Silver Age.  That's my theory.

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It is exactly that scene where he steps out from the cloud and looks around. Didn't look as polished as when he appears in Guardians and is interacting with Nebula and Ronin.

This may be an early cut, as I am sure they will go for the same realistic features as portrayed by Gunn.

Hoping so.  Gunn's version was excellent

5 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Same way they did in the comics. Rhodey, Bucky, and...keep Thor. 

Or, female Thor, female Iron Man, and give Cap's boyfriend a chance just like they did in the comics........

Edited by kimik

10 hours ago, rjrjr said:

We've never seen Thanos drawn with eye's that look human, they are always set back and glowing menacingly.

I always imagined him with a deep, menacing voice, not just an average voice you'd hear everyday.  When Thanos spoke in the trailer, did it stand out to you?

Exactly:frustrated: Eyes like black holes that flare when angry, and voice like a woofer filled with gravel - that's Thanos:sumo:

7 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I agree that Cap should die as well. AND Iron Man. :headbang:

+1! Thanos needs to end them... emphatically:wishluck: This will establish him as a foe to be feared.

Maybe Marvel should just do a Thanos series of movies where he could kill off another Marvel movie franchise character in each movie to make room for the next one to start.

He could be the Galactus of the Marvel movies. 

9 hours ago, NamesJay said:

I liked the trailer but please, for the love of God, give Thanos his head gear. He looks silly without it (hopefully just a CGI feature missing at this point).

It's not. The Russos have explained that getting the stones is more like a spiritual journey for Thanos and he doesn't need the warlord armor anymore. 

I was a big fan of Infinity Gauntlet back in the day, but have no idea what you all are talking about with Maw and Proximity and whatever else you're saying. I haven't read Marvel outside of a couple of titles in several years, so I'm assuming these are new characters related to Thanos in some way. As such, my interest is zero.

As for the actors, you can feel the apathy coming off of RDJ in waves these days, so I figured even if they back the money truck up to the door, he's done. And frankly, I was tired of his Tony Stark shtick a while back, so I'd be pleased as punch for him to bite it. I get the feeling that Chris Evans is still into the Cap thing, and I'd wager that he'd still be relatively (RELATIVELY!) cheap to bring back with a new contract, as he hasn't really had any film success outside of the Cap movies. He's definitely not any sort of box office draw outside of the Cap costume, so I think they may have a chance of keeping him around. And I'd be happy with that, as he's easily my favorite of the MCU heroes. Hemsworth is kind of in the middle of Evans and RDJ; not a huge box office draw on his own, but has had some middling success outside of Thor, so he may be harder to keep in the fold. I don't see them improving on Ragnarok, so I'm also fine with that being the end of the Thor movies.

Whatever happens, I'm hoping Black Widow finally gets her own series. Scarlett is a star and a  box office draw (disappointing returns on Ghost in the Shell notwithstanding) outside of the MCU, and it's something fans have been wanting for years. A Black Widow movie could be made relatively (there's that word again) cheaply if they stick to the espionage and spy roots and stay away from CG monsters and . Seems like the best investment to me, out of all of the stars on the table up for contracts.

So, with all of that in mind, I'm going to say that Iron Man dies (crossing fingers), Cap makes it, Thor's status is unknown, and Black Widow lives to star in her own film down the road. Let the betting begin!

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I was a big fan of Infinity Gauntlet back in the day, but have no idea what you all are talking about with Maw and Proximity and whatever else you're saying. I haven't read Marvel outside of a couple of titles in several years, so I'm assuming these are new characters related to Thanos in some way. As such, my interest is zero.

Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian are the (MCU) Children of Thanos. He sends them out to get some of the gems. 

Btw...

Spoiler

In the trailer it's definitely Black Widow shoving a spear into either Proxima or Corvus, which is total BS. A normal human shouldn't even scratch a cosmic-powered character. Never. Complete fail.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

2 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

It's not. The Russos have explained that getting the stones is more like a spiritual journey for Thanos and he doesn't need the warlord armor anymore. 

Yeah but that sounds like some lame over thought out excuse. I think it was a big mistake to not have him in the armor.

18 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

Yeah but that sounds like some lame over thought out excuse. I think it was a big mistake to not have him in the armor.

I guess I'm not bothered by it. It still looks like Thanos, and he has the Gauntlet. That's all that matters to me. Hell, he flattened Iron Man with one punch...it's not like he needs the armor.

My theories and thoughts:

1.  Blonde Widow - She needed a new alias and life and backstory after Cap 2 and 3.  She's changed her new identity to Yelena (the blonde Black Widow from the comics).

2. Thanos needs to wear his hat more.

3.  I saw this theory is mostly from one of the youtubes (credit to lady with an accent of some sort), but with some of my own original thoughts (Thor spoilers and other possible spoilers):

Spoiler

Thor 3 ended with Hulk and Thor on a spaceship with the Asgardians, and meeting up with a larger ship.  The theory is that its Thanos' ship, and he WRECKS Thor's SHIP, and you can see people who look like Asgardians strewn about.  At some point during that exchange, Loki gives Thanos the blue cube, either because he's a weasel, or out of fear, or both.  Either way, then Thor's damaged ship tries to get to the Nova planet to warn the Nova's (or for aid).  But that planet has ALREADY been wrecked by Thanos, and that's where they meet up with the Guardians.  You can tell from the Trailer (if you're tracking the stones) that Thanos gets the Infinity Stone the Nova's had.

4.  Black Panther gives Cap the 'invisible' shield that he uses a lot in the comics now.