• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I saw that today. Waiting to see if a few more credible sites come up with more details.

Added a spoiler tag on that just in case someone doesn’t care to see it, although I don’t see that staying under wraps... But you’re right, could be BS...

Edited by Callaway29

5 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Added a spoiler tag on that just in case someone doesn’t care to see it, although I don’t see that staying under wraps... But your right, could be BS...

But I do agree with what was written. Feige has wanted THAT character involved from the beginning. If not for the Daredevil failed negotiations...

:frown:

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But I do agree with what was written. Feige has wanted THAT character involved from the beginning. If not for the Daredevil failed negotiations...

:frown:

I very much doubt that will come to pass since the Disney/Fox deal was made after the film was completed. The deal hasn't officially gone through yet, so it's doubtful even in Avengers 4. This is just misdirection imho, the obvious candidate is Warlock & we know he's already been teased in GOTG 2. There's a bunch of issues plaguing FF rights after the deal goes through also. The rights are technically with Constantin Films who formed a partnership with Fox to get the FF films done after the 1992 Roger Corman fail:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fantastic-four-rights-disney-20th-century-fox/

It's likely that a deal will have to be struck with Constantin & Fox aside from the Disney/Fox deal to bring FF back to Marvel. Unless that's already been done, we shouldn't expect any FF properties to appear in Avengers 4 either, since it's already in production.

Edited by chezmtghut

Avengers: Infinity War is being hailed as the culmination of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, teaming up all of the heroes that we've watched save the world countless times over the years. In order to pull off this cinematic feat, the film needs to create a villain worthy of the entire franchise. According to some of the film's stars, Thanos is exactly that and much more, thanks in large part to a brilliant performance from Josh Brolin.

The Avengers: Infinity War edition of Empire Magazine was released today, featuring several interviews from the cast and creators of the film. When some of these stars were asked about Thanos, they couldn't help but praise the work Brolin did on set.

"Josh is terrifying," said Tom Holland, who plays Spider-Man/Peter Parker. "He has to wear this stupid mo-cap costume with big, rolling polystyrene shoulders and a tennis ball two feet above his head. He looks ridiculous, but as soon as the cameras roll he becomes this nine foot tall, terrifying alien."

Backpacking off of Holland's comments, MCU OG Robert Downey Jr. explained that Brolin's self-awareness made him perfect for this kind of role, and that he kept the cast on their toes while they were shooting.

"I love him," concurs Robert Downey Jr. "Brolin doesn't take himself seriously, but there's a lot of weight in how he's portraying this guy. We literally are all a little bit scared when he's done cracking wise and steps into it. Get ready, brother. The Brolin Effect is coming."

Interesting. I didn't even consider how out-of-flow this scene was when considering what Thanos did next.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Writers Admit To Being Left Confused By AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON's Mid-Credit Scene

Thanos.jpg

Marvel Studios can seemingly do no wrong but an argument could be made that they've mishandled Thanos over the past few years. He first popped up at the end of The Avengers in a brilliant mid-credits scene but then made a small cameo appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy and later popped up at the end of Age of Ultron where he made it clear that he was ready to start collecting the Infinity Stones.

That seemingly came as a result of the Mad Titan being fed up with the likes of Loki, Gamora, and Ronin letting him down but many fans were baffled by the appearance of the Infinity Gauntlet in what looked like an air vent and the implication that Thanos had been sitting around doing nothing.

Now, Avengers: Infinity War screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have weighed in on the scene and it doesn't sound like they're fans of the choices Joss Whedon made with the villain.

At the end of Ultron, he said “Fine, I’ll do it myself.”

Stephen McFeely: Not our movie.

[laughter]

Christopher Markus: And we’ve all sat there and went, “What the hell is he talking about? Where was he when he did that?”

There was also the other gauntlet in [Odin’s treasure room].

Stephen McFeely: Another delightful, delightful problem.

Christopher Markus: Odin’s a bit of a showman. Thanos turns out to have quite a few people to talk to both on his side and not on his side. Weirdly I think he’s the most understandable guy in the movie sometimes.

1) Given his pivotal role in Infinity Gauntlet, I'd kill to see Silver Surfer in this movie.

2) With Peter Dinklage cast in an unidentified role (presumably Pip), what's the over/under that we'll see Warlock?

I'm thinking it'll end a la Infinity Gauntlet # 4, our heroes defeated, and then the Celestials (possibly modified to include Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel & Warlock) show up.

Roll credits.

Edited by Gatsby77

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Interesting. I didn't even consider how out-of-flow this scene was when considering what Thanos did next.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Writers Admit To Being Left Confused By AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON's Mid-Credit Scene

Thanos.jpg

I brought this up before and I was dismissed as just hating on marvel.

10 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I would lose my freakin' chit if the Surfer showed up. 

If the rumors are true I am SOOOO excited ...... but I also just don't want them to rush this and ruin it (like FF2 doh!) - so perhaps just at the end of the movie (presumably with everyone defeated) or maybe just an end credits scene :wishluck:

On 3/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, Gatsby77 said:

1) Given his pivotal role in Infinity Gauntlet, I'd kill to see Silver Surfer in this movie.

2) With Peter Dinklage cast in an unidentified role (presumably Pip), what's the over/under that we'll see Warlock?

He ain't going to be Pip:sumo:.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

He ain't going to be Pip:sumo:.

Then the next obvious choice would be -- voice of the Silver Surfer.

(And would explain his late addition to the cast.)

I'd be okay with that, although I liked Lawrence Fishburn voicing the Surfer back in FF 2.