• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

41 and 5 for 90% currently.  The early reviews are usually higher than the final, so I'm guessing somewhere in the mid to low 80s.  Sounds like a winner, just not a "best of all time" type film like we always hope for.

Edited by fantastic_four

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

You haven't read any reviews yet, just "reactions."  The review embargo doesn't lift until 6pm.

Oops.  I mistaken said "review"...meant to say "reaction".  They should include comments about the CGI/editing/music in their reactions.  Instead of the generic "Awesome" or "Astounding".  Unless that's not allowed and considered spoilers???

I think I know why the movie is getting some less than positive reviews.  I think it might have to do with it being a two part movie...but that's just speculation.  Just from reading the comic there's no way everything can be resolved in one movie.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling

I think it's also because there's really no weight to this movie, at the end of the day. We all know comics...death doesn't mean death. We know about the Time stone.

Plus with Feige announcing future movies, how can we expect characters like Black Panther to be in any real danger? 

This is off topic but maybe someone can point me into the right direction.

I'm looking to find a site where I could find 100% legit movie movie memorabilia? I'm looking for a Avenger's movie posted signed with actors. Would anyone have any ideas? Besides trying to travel to shows and have them sign it their.

Thank you!

Just got back from seeing it. 

Those who know me here, know I’m not an easy audience for these movies. 

Having said that, this is one of the best Marvel movies ever. 

The MCU has their ‘Empire Strikes Back’. Just an awesome experience. 

Thanos is for real. Half way through the movie you find out... Thanos is for real. 

I never see these movies more than once, I’m definitely going again for this one. 

Those Spoilers! Peter Dinklage as Moon Knight is certainly an inspired choice. 

:jokealert:

8 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

The MCU has their ‘Empire Strikes Back’. Just an awesome experience. 

Can somebody clarify what this means?  I've heard this said several times on YouTube and have no idea how the comparison came to be.  Does it mean it's the best movie in the franchise...or is Thanos Tony Stark's fatherlol?

34 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Can somebody clarify what this means?  I've heard this said several times on YouTube and have no idea how the comparison came to be.  Does it mean it's the best movie in the franchise...or is Thanos Tony Stark's fatherlol?

I think it means the bad guys win.:idea:

31 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I think it means the bad guys win.:idea:

I want to see the little kids in the theater cry.  Then I know this is going to  be a great movie.

I want to see Thanos cripple, torture, and kill as many of these C level gabrage heroes like Falcon, War Machine, and Vision as possible.

I want to see Vision get ripped in half and Falcon blown up.  

Thanos needs to take the trash out and cleanse the MCU!

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I think it means it is the first MCU movie with real gravitas. Of course I haven't seen it so I'm basically talking out my backside.

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I want to see the little kids in the theater cry.  Then I know this is going to  be a great movie.

I want to see Thanos cripple, torture, and kill as many of these C level gabrage heroes like Falcon, War Machine, and Vision as possible.

dont stop there. i want everyone to get killed.

I saw it yesterday - it was a public holiday here in Australia and all the sessions were packed. The movie is huge - it is full of action but also I don't think I have been in a movie that got so many laughs for a long time - also was one scene where people clapped which is pretty rare here

I dont want to give anything away 

Spoiler

but the empire strikes back comparisons are correct

On 4/23/2018 at 10:16 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:
On 4/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, Bird said:

Does anyone think that they will do a clean slate, re-start with this movie? Have it end similarly to the comics and then the universe is re-started/restored but some things are different. They could kill kill kill in the movie and then restart the Universe via the Gauntlet at the end. Then they can switch out Evans for Shaw or Cheadle and do similarly for a few other MU actors. Add in the FF or X-Men or whatever they want and show everyone at the end. Spidey, Deadpool, pull it all together via the Gauntlet, split the Gauntlet up and badabing, away we go.

Isn't that the purpose of phase 4(shrug)?  They stated that the entire MCU will not be the same after Avengers Infinity War (or whatever the title is).

I was not clear. I meant the Infinity Gauntlet will be used to reinvent the reality of the MU in the movie. 

My other guess is that Hawkeye will show up at the end and put an arrow through Thanos' eye or something. He has been sitting above it all and seeing the big picture, like Fury said in the beginning of the first movie, and he will be the hero (if any one character can get that role).

10 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

And WHO got up out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?:smile:

4 hours ago, Bird said:

I was not clear. I meant the Infinity Gauntlet will be used to reinvent the reality of the MU in the movie. 

My other guess is that Hawkeye will show up at the end and put an arrow through Thanos' eye or something. He has been sitting above it all and seeing the big picture, like Fury said in the beginning of the first movie, and he will be the hero (if any one character can get that role).

I hope not. With everything they threw at Thanos in the first movie, if it ends up with a guy who can shoot arrows saving the Universe, it will be a real disappointment. It'll take A LOT more than that to top Part 1.

It's NOT Civil War, that's for sure. I considered that more of a fluff movie to appease fan boys, with it's convoluted Jim Shooter-esqe plot that was created more as an excuse to just team everyone up.

This movie is more like a war. It's dark. There's humor in it, a lot of it, but the humor slowly fades as things get more bleak. 

So many things happen in this movie, you will want to see it twice. There are easter eggs and plot points from at least as far back as Captain America: The First Avenger (and maybe earlier... SO much goes on), that it may NEED to be viewed twice.

I don't want to overhype it, but I went in overhyped and it still didn't let me down.

There's a scene half way through the movie, where you'll know... Thanos is the most evil villain in ALL of the comic universeS.