• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

I never really cared for continued stories.... especially with a couple years between..... but the movie was so good otherwise that I'll be OK.... maybe they're setting up a Marvel/ D.C. crossover for "Crisis On Infinite Earths" ....not. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

I never really cared for continued stories.... especially with a couple years between..... but the movie was so good otherwise that I'll be OK.... maybe they're setting up a Marvel/ D.C. crossover for "Crisis On Infinite Earths" ....not. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

countdown to part II: 361 days

31 minutes ago, paperheart said:

countdown to part II: 361 days

Do we have any idea what other movies studios are putting out next May?  What are the chances the movie gets bumped up a week again in order to reduce competition and maximize earnings?

17 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Do we have any idea what other movies studios are putting out next May?  What are the chances the movie gets bumped up a week again in order to reduce competition and maximize earnings?

There is no competition.  Only maybe other Disney movies that they might want to help out.  

Saw it a second time in the theater, which I never do, and this time made a few notes for myself. I'll apply spoilers, just in case. 

Spoiler

Thanos' biggest mistake is in the first scene of the movie when he doesn't make sure Thor is dead. From a writer's standpoint, Thor should deliver the final blow in Part 2 that defeats Thanos. It certainly seems they are setting it up that way. Even at the end of this movie, when Thor almost DOES stop him, and Thanos tells him, "You should've went for the head", I thought, Hmmmm....

Thor returning in Wakanda, as a real God of Thunder, is one of my favorite parts of the movie.

They made Ebony Maw a pretty cool bad guy.

Man, Doctor Strange has, just like that become a huge part of the MCU. BC plays him perfect.

Thanos calls Spider-man an insect. Spider's are NOT insects. They are arachnids.

I'm glad Hawkeye isn't in the movie. 

Is it just me, or is the Vision in the MCU kind of a disappointment? I always thought that at maximum density, he was one of the stronger heroes, but, he's just been somewhat of a whiny baby in these movies. 

I love the final scene. Thanos stepping outside his hut, and sitting down contently looking at the sky.

I am excited at the idea of Captain Marvel, yes, the newer one, being one of the most powerful charcters in the MCU. Her appearance in the next movie, I am really looking forward to. Everyone else seemed underwhelmed by the end credit scene, but when that emblem showed up on Fury's device, I got goosebumps. I can't wait to see her kick some butt!

So happy with this movie. I think it is on par with a Lord of the Rings type of movie. After the disappointment of that horrible turd Civil War, I had given up on the idea that Marvel might make a movie again with some real emotion. Doctor Strange was good, but Homecoming was so-so and GOTG2 and especially Ragnarok had far too much of that goofy humor, that just undermines any sort of real dramatic effect. Good drama should always have some comedic relief, but when it gets to the point where you're practically looking at the camera and winking, it's just too much. 

But going into this, Black Panther gave me some hope, as it too was a well done movie. 

I acn't wait for the finale next year!

3 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

There is no competition.  Only maybe other Disney movies that they might want to help out.  

yep, it's like when American Idol was in its prime and nicknamed The Death Star and the other networks programmed away from it.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:
Spoiler

Thanos calls Spider-man an insect. Spider's are NOT insects. They are arachnids.

In all fairness, he'd probably call any human the same thing as they're all beneath him.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:
Spoiler

Everyone else seemed underwhelmed by the end credit scene,

Most casual audience members most likely have no idea what the post credit scene was referring to.  Hence why most people were probably underwhelmed.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

In all fairness, he'd probably call any human the same thing as they're all beneath him.

Most casual audience members  likely have no idea what the post credit scene was referring to.  Hence why most people were probably underwhelmed.

That, or already knew CM is in the works and wasn’t blown away. For me, it was a lame end credit scene...granted probably for good reason considering all the secrecy surrounding this project.

1 hour ago, Chuck Gower said:

Saw it a second time in the theater, which I never do, and this time made a few notes for myself. I'll apply spoilers, just in case. 

Hide contents

Thanos' biggest mistake is in the first scene of the movie when he doesn't make sure Thor is dead. From a writer's standpoint, Thor should deliver the final blow in Part 2 that defeats Thanos. It certainly seems they are setting it up that way. Even at the end of this movie, when Thor almost DOES stop him, and Thanos tells him, "You should've went for the head", I thought, Hmmmm....

Thor returning in Wakanda, as a real God of Thunder, is one of my favorite parts of the movie.

They made Ebony Maw a pretty cool bad guy.

Man, Doctor Strange has, just like that become a huge part of the MCU. BC plays him perfect.

I'm glad Hawkeye isn't in the movie. 

Is it just me, or is the Vision in the MCU kind of a disappointment? I always thought that at maximum density, he was one of the stronger heroes, but, he's just been somewhat of a whiny baby in these movies. 

I love the final scene. Thanos stepping outside his hut, and sitting down contently looking at the sky.

I am excited at the idea of Captain Marvel, yes, the newer one, being one of the most powerful charcters in the MCU. Her appearance in the next movie, I am really looking forward to. Everyone else seemed underwhelmed by the end credit scene, but when that emblem showed up on Fury's device, I got goosebumps. I can't wait to see her kick some butt!

So happy with this movie. I think it is on par with a Lord of the Rings type of movie. After the disappointment of that horrible turd Civil War, I had given up on the idea that Marvel might make a movie again with some real emotion. Doctor Strange was good, but Homecoming was so-so and GOTG2 and especially Ragnarok had far too much of that goofy humor, that just undermines any sort of real dramatic effect. Good drama should always have some comedic relief, but when it gets to the point where you're practically looking at the camera and winking, it's just too much. 

But going into this, Black Panther gave me some hope, as it too was a well done movie. 

I acn't wait for the finale next year!

I got that Lord of Rings feel as well. To me Avengers Infinity War was epic, and looking for an epic conclusion next year.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

15 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I mean I can't really believe a child would enjoy any of this UNLESS they were really into the comic stories and knew what was going on.

Or they just enjoy watching superheroes wallop each other with a bunch of power pyrotechnics.  There was a whole bunch of that, and that's usually all it takes for kids to love it.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Or they just enjoy watching superheroes wallop each other with a bunch of power pyrotechnics.  There was a whole bunch of that, and that's usually all it takes for kids to love it.

I guess u missed the part which you quoted me from that talks about the movie being too dark for kids

Just think, if you tally up every Marvel movie ever made (not even accounting for USD inflation), we are talking about Infinity War is 4.16% of the overall worldwide box office across 55 movies. Incredible!

Vd2TrO7.jpg&key=9eff0a22c4b1a57614fab0f8

Adjusted USD, it is still 3.8% of the worldwide box office total.

Edited by Bosco685
Added Thor: Ragnarok

18 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

bosco, why is the list missing ragnarok?

Good catch! That's odd. I ran a report to capture all movies with company 'Marvel', and Thor: Ragnarok is in my overall movie list.

Edited by Bosco685

Absolutely Loved it. Can’t wait for the sequel.  

I can see why people who haven’t seen all the movies leading up to it wouldn’t be thrilled with it or would have trouble following it, but I thought they did about as good a job as was possible weaving together so many different storylines.

Loved the ending, reminded me of Game of Thrones when GoT was still good.